The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MastterDSC_1089.jpg

Nice Mastter! Can't wait for mine to land in the UK.

Any joint issues with yours?

Oh man... I don't think I can afford him. I have other ThreeA lined up on my wishlist. More 1/6 first and the 1/12 ones much later, but maybe sooner than I think. I got out of the smaller scales coz there was too many to decide from, and no uniform size to display them at, but these clothed ones are insane!

However so are ebay prices. I have a few questions about them (I'm sure there's some answer buried in the last 600 pages, but...):

1) Are the carded ones collectible friendly? I like to open mine and have a play with them. I'm thinking of those older ones specifically (I'm sad I missed them), but I definitely will with newer releases. But then one day I'd consider getting two if I could afford, one to trade for even more ThreeA goodness later. Of course I'm more likely to open that too and try and create an army rather than sell it. Ash is clever making us buy two. Still, I'd rather a 1/6 one than 2x 1/12's.

2) How would you open carded figures anyway? I used to just rip the plastic off, throw it out and keep the card. And when spring clean comes round throw out the cards I no longer cared for and the old toys boxed away to make room for the new. Reason I'm also asking is I want to complete Fin Fang Foom from the Hulk Legends series. I got a few real cheap, but never saw King Hulk which comes with the last piece, that tail. Looking at ebay again, it's almost a lost cause. I was hoping it only spiked for that movie, but still hasn't gone down yet. All of mine are sealed until I get Fin's tail. And when I get him, I know he won't be the price of admission. Right now, he's the cost of one more ThreeA piece. There's a completest in me somewhere, though I've never really completed anything.

3) Would you open something you bought at the higher end of your retail range or the secondary market? Just curious, I dunno where I sit with this. Always reminds me of Brewster's Millions. The 1/12 by Ashley Wood are cutting that bracket real close for me (what's a reasonable price for them anyway?). If I don't open the toy, I prolly won't buy it, and the price these guys are at I'm just not sure they should be opened. Of course then I see that slicer TK and I want 5 to take on my white turtles. Same feeling with King Hulk, and the only thing I ever had that gained in value was this Batman/Catwoman lego which I'd misplaced and forgotten about. It's staying boxed only because I'm over lego at the moment, but yeah should I open that (eventually)?

Anyway, this is my threea:
mythreea.jpg

Each and every one I've gotten has been awesome,
btw that 3D printing site is awesome too!

Last edited:
1. No, you have to cut the package to get them out.

2. I just run a hobby blade down the sides and across the bottom & flip the outer shell up to get at the goodies.

3. Yes. Open your toys and enjoy them. :hi5:

But, each to their own. Do what you wanna do. :wink1:

I agree with Deadleaves - I always open my toys. I also modify many of my figures. 3A is the most expensive line I collect and part of me wants to keep the figures minty-fresh, albeit opened. However, I plan on modifying at least a few of them when I have the time. I purchased a few of the "bad batch" of Zombs for decent prices, but I want to repaint them to better match the later Zomb releases. I am also debating whether to repaint one of my Dropcloths, but so far I haven't been able to work up the nerve...

Anyone have any idea how much that Krote is going to cost. Im a big Ma.K fan and was wondering since its 1/12 scale wondering about how much.

Badbot showed up today.
photo.jpg

Nice I've got a badbot & a two hand popbot coming. I'm really enjoying 3A, especially there wwrp stuff. It's a nice size for me to collect. I've kinda gone stail on HT & 3A have made a refreshing change.

Naw, 1/12 is the scale. So it depends on how big those things would be if full size. For example a six foot tall man in 1/12 scale is 6" tall. So if those are like… 20 foot tall? 1/12 scale would be 14" tall or so. I have no idea how big they are though. They might be 40 feet or 80 feet all for all I know.

what's the price tag on carter?
the hands look articulated, that would be nice.

Naw, 1/12 is the scale. So it depends on how big those things would be if full size. For example a six foot tall man in 1/12 scale is 6" tall. So if those are like… 20 foot tall? 1/12 scale would be 14" tall or so. I have no idea how big they are though. They might be 40 feet or 80 feet all for all I know.

yeah, just guesstimating. :]

Back