The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously I'd buy any and all versions of Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor from both films and T2 John but I don't hold out much hope for them. I'm assuming we'll get Arnie T-800s, the Endoskeleton and maybe the T-1000 out of this upcoming war.

I hope and pray they stop using whatever reference the Hot Toys 1/4 Endoskeleton was based on. If I see that same narrow headed, exaggerated 'evil' eyed endoskull one more goddamned time....
My one saving grace on John is this Kidpool figure. It looks a little short, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.🤞

I would much prefer figures from The Terminator 1984 be made. That's my favourite. A new 1/6 Diecast Endo, Tech Noir + Battle Damaged T-800 & T1 Sarah and Kyle in a two pack. (y)
Same here. T1 just like Alien is the best for me. I like T2 but prefer T1. A Kyle Reese would be nice as would a Sarah. I didn't get a chance to order the last Tech Noir Arnie so I would like an improved version of that first

Is their a Hot Toys t-800 endo worth getting in 1/6 atm?

If you want it just for a look and don't care for accuracy: the Genisys T-800. But buyer beware: neck pistons break fast and I do not know if
there is a copy out there still, with all of them intact.

If you got time: Inart supposedly is releasing a diecast endo next year.

Pre ordered the 2.0- Genuine leather sold it for me.- No More flaking!

t-800-battle-damaged-version-20_terminator_gallery_66e30301acb83.jpg

If you want it just for a look and don't care for accuracy: the Genisys T-800. But buyer beware: neck pistons break fast and I do not know if
there is a copy out there still, with all of them intact.

If you got time: Inart supposedly is releasing a diecast endo next year.
I picked one up. I’ll hope it’s intact. Thanks.

I’d probably get InArts if affordable lol

Why would they have 2 different head sculpts for the same character from the same movie? Just create the clean head and damage it up? Seems like a waste of time.

Why would they have 2 different head sculpts for the same character from the same movie? Just create the clean head and damage it up? Seems like a waste of time.
You would think they'd do it that way but they never actually have. The closest they came is where they did the MMS117 clean T2 and then came out with MMS136 T1 which is a slightly younger version of the MMS117 sculpt with a different hairstyle.
But the next T2 Arnie they made was DX10 where they created an entirely different sculpt. The DX13 prototype somewhat seemed like it was based on the DX10 sculpt only for the final figure to have, again, entirely new sculpts.

So I wouldn't be surprised if any new Clean T2 changes the sculpt from DX46 - which it should. They gave DX46 a fat-head again. :monkey3

You would think they'd do it that way but they never actually have. The closest they came is where they did the MMS117 clean T2 and then came out with MMS136 T1 which is a slightly younger version of the MMS117 sculpt with a different hairstyle.
But the next T2 Arnie they made was DX10 where they created an entirely different sculpt. The DX13 prototype somewhat seemed like it was based on the DX10 sculpt only for the final figure to have, again, entirely new sculpts.

So I wouldn't be surprised if any new Clean T2 changes the sculpt from DX46 - which it should. They gave DX46 a fat-head again. :monkey3
I remember loving MMS117 when it came out, but over time I realized how much of a caricature it is. Still evokes Arnold really well, more than DX10 and even 13 in my opinion (if I had to choose, I'd rather a sculpt lean too far into someone's strongest features than too little).

Is the MMS136 really just a slightly younger version of 117? Feels like they toned down some of the cartoonier proportions from 117, it looks a lot more natural. I still believe that was their best Arnold likeness before the new DX46.

I remember loving MMS117 when it came out, but over time I realized how much of a caricature it is. Still evokes Arnold really well, more than DX10 and even 13 in my opinion (if I had to choose, I'd rather a sculpt lean too far into someone's strongest features than too little).

I only kept a single MMS117 headsculpt - I used to have quite a few. I decided to go with the DX10 sculpt as the default on all my various clean T2 T-800 variants. There's been times I regretted selling the 117s though. It is a bit of a caricature but the detail is superior, no silly removeable hair panel seams and the hair is still IMO to this day Hot Toys' best recreation of the T2 hairstyle, especially in the profile view.

Is the MMS136 really just a slightly younger version of 117? Feels like they toned down some of the cartoonier proportions from 117, it looks a lot more natural. I still believe that was their best Arnold likeness before the new DX46.

Looking at 117 and 136 side by side, yeah, I think they share the same basis. The shape is identical from what I can see - they share the same flaw that I've long seen in those sculpts - too shortfaced - they need a vertical stretching probably between the eyes and bottom of the nose.

Back