The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not upcoming news, but Highdefdigest.com just had an article on their 10 most wanted Disney animated movies for Blu-ray. This one caught me off guard though, and it's making me looking for my old VHS copy. :lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/..._10_Animated_Disney_Films_NOT_On_Blu-ray/6442

'The Rescuers'

And I'm talking about the original cut of the film. The recalled VHS cut that actually showed a topless lady in the background for a split second. Ok, I know that there's no way they're going to release that cut. Not in the PC world we live in now. Truth is I just really loved this movie when I was a kid. It was one of those movies that I watched over and over and couldn't get enough of. The adventures of Benard and Bianca are some of my most indelible Disney memories.

Well, I drove all the way to Target after work, which is about 30 miles away. Dumbass me FORGOT THE DAMN COUPON for Bambi!!!!! :(

I also broke down and bought the Pirates set from Best Buy. I don't own the blus.

Double dumbass on me.

:lol

Well, I drove all the way to Target after work, which is about 30 miles away. Dumbass me FORGOT THE DAMN COUPON for Bambi!!!!! :(

I also broke down and bought the Pirates set from Best Buy. I don't own the blus.

Double dumbass on me.

I've seen pics of the Pirates set. Looks really cool but i'm still gonna pass. I bought the Trilogy set from the UK a few months ago and there's a new movie coming so i'd rather wait.

I've seen pics of the Pirates set. Looks really cool but i'm still gonna pass. I bought the Trilogy set from the UK a few months ago and there's a new movie coming so i'd rather wait.

It didn't cost me anything really, so since I don't have the blus, I thought I'd go ahead and get it. I had a gift card and a certificate.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vJkLXM589q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Speaking with the French magazine Les années laser, Sylvie Collombet, chief of marketing of Paramount France, revealed two major titles that are on the studio's slate for Blu-ray release: Once Upon a Time in the West and Le Mans will come out in June, and Breakfast at Tiffany's in September.

Note that these titles may not be released in all territories.

On the other hand, Collombet also said: "We can't confirm a release date for the Indiana Jones Quadrilogy."

The highly-awaited extended version of The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy hasn't been formally announced yet, but it definitely is coming closer, as it just came up for preorder. List price is set at $119.98 (current Amazon price is $83.99). Reportedly, this limited deluxe set will include nine special features DVDs with "over 26 hours of spellbinding behind-the-moviemaking material including the rare Costa Botes documentaries."

Release date is not fixed yet; Amazon cautiously alerts that it may come out in 2011 or even 2012.

You can see a trailer for the Limited Extended Edition here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect....ynews-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325.

12237_front.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0026L7H20?tag=bluraynews-20

:banana:banana:banana:banana

There's no way I'd pre-order this now, but I'm glad they're getting ready for it. I'm betting it won't be out till close to Christmas though.

Oooooo....I hope Best Buy has has something special in mind for it! :pray:

I got my order in last night. Can't wait for it!!! Great times are coming for HD owners. Star Wars, LOTR, and now all I need is the classic Indiana Jones trilogy.

It's not the box-set Peter Jackson is working on. I guess they will wait on that until after The Hobbit :(

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/01/14/41695-lotr-extended-blu-ray-coming-soon/

The bad: The wait for the EEs will be over but the wait for the Ultimate Box Set has probably been pushed back until post-”Hobbit” movies. The version of the films due this year will probably contain very little or no new additional content on the extras. When Peter Jackson officially took over as director of the pair of new films, any chance of him working on the ultimate edition of the film with new extras probably was postponed. It is clear from comments from actors and Jackson that there are more extras, waiting in the wings for the eventual, hi-def edition of these films and the special release has been planned from the beginning.

Unboxing:
LOTR-EE-National_No-41F39B.jpg

So they are gonna release two different versions of the Extended Editions on Bluray? :slap

Looks like it. The one coming soon is the studios release while the ultimate trilogy box-set that PJ is working on will most likely come out after The Hobbit. Lame :gah:

Back