The Boys TV Series (Amazon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kimiko getting hit by a grenade launcher was fantastic.

Great work from Karl and Jack, but as usual Antony Starr walks off with the episode.

Episode 4 was pretty great. Im still enjoying it a lot. Episode 2 was a bit of a dip. But otherwise I can’t wait to see where the story is going

Weird, I don't see it. Season 1 took a while to win me over, and the last season was great but this one feels rushed, as I said. At least as of now it looks like things are really about to hit the fan, plot-wise.
I fail to see how it feels rushed tbh. Pacing seems pretty solid so far imo.

I fail to see how it feels rushed tbh. Pacing seems pretty solid so far imo.
Some of it just feels unearned. What immediately comes to mind is:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Some of it just feels unearned. What immediately comes to mind is:

Spoiler Spoiler:
He was killing people and losing his mind, had to be dealt with quickly, the whole plot point had been brewing for several episodes. I thought it was very well done, reactions to it online are very positive on it too :dunno.

If you don't like the ridiculous gore then it's probably just not for you, it's been that was since season 1 episode 1. It's part of the shows identity.

He was killing people and losing his mind, had to be dealt with quickly, the whole plot point had been brewing for several episodes. I thought it was very well done, reactions to it online are very positive on it too :dunno.
It was well-acted, but it still seemed like it needed more time. Just my opinion.
If you don't like the ridiculous gore then it's probably just not for you, it's been that was since season 1 episode 1. It's part of the shows identity.
I had originally though the show wasn't for me but it won me over. Remember, I don't hate it, just not that impressed with the season as of yet.

He was killing people and losing his mind, had to be dealt with quickly....

The writers are slowly removing Starlight from the show. What's going on with Erin Moriarty is actually kind of tragic. It's causing problems for everyone up and down the food chain. They are trying to conceal the "uncanny valley" effect and they are struggling to contain it. They even had to add in a short scene where Starlight looks at old photos of herself, to try to push an angle that she had to change to survive, thus her appearance also had to change. The pregnancy and mean girl retcons are trying to wash away the development of the first two seasons. But all of it betrays the basic character bible for her ( i.e. rural kind girl next door thrust into hyper materialistic corporate meat grinder)

In order to phase Starlight out more, they have to detach Hughie from her. So the writers have to create a parallel arc of Neuman/Gus Fring and Hughie and his own typically unapproving father. They had to retcon the Hughie/Neuman relationship ( more obvious chemistry, they are apparently banging in real life...) because you need UST ( unresolved sexual tension) for the typical non powered POV character ( Hughie is designed to be our avatar into the world building. As he learns and gets exposition thrown at him, at the same time, so do we as the casual viewer. The show will naturally buckle when the POV character for the superheroes, Starlight, has to be retconned to deal with her ever changing face ) Jack Quaid isn't that great of actor, so they figured it was pointless to write away the sexual chemistry between him and Claudia Doumit.

What happened with Moriarty is a PITA from the production side. Everyone gets hit. Lighting, wardrobe, makeup, the writers, what angles they can show her, etc, etc. It also negates the ability to use flashback scenes with her, another limitation. This happened with Mary Wiseman with Star Trek Discovery. She just kept gaining weight and no one really knew how to handle it. The entire production will shift and just deal with it long term if you are carrying the show ( James Spader in Boston Legal and The Blacklist, his weight kept spiking too on both shows) But for supporting characters like Starlight and Tilly, it's not going to work out that way.

Bezos is already being hit in his personal life over bad plastic surgery around him, he doesn't want more of it from properties under his banner. Bezos keeps getting hit because WaPo isn't falling in line consistently enough for the DNC. You won't work with them, not even if you are a billionaire. They own you. Or they act as if they own you.

IMHO, people would better understand this dynamic if they understood the casting process better. You could be hot as hell and the belle of the ball in your own local area. But you show up for casting, even if you have some success, and you see three thousand girls who look just like you. Very close. Then you see them over and over and over again. And you keep getting rejected over and over again. Even people who break through get rejected over and over again. "Success" in the industry has a rapid reset point. Moriarty looks successful to those 3000 girls in the audition who get nothing. They have to wait tables, do auditions, get nothing and realize they will age out fast and hit a wall. But maybe she won't feel that way when she's fighting for parts that she knows will go to a Margaret Qualley, Hailee Steinfeld and Zendaya instead. Then Jenna Ortega shows up. There's always fresh meat coming in the pipeline.

Foreshadowing shows that there will likely be a Hughie/Neuman relationship of some kind. They can't quite write out Starlight completely yet as they need someone with superpowers to allow some narrative flexibility when the show hits it's end point.

Outside of this show, maybe the lesson here is to realize that you have to be OK with yourself. Whatever your situation or status. As corny as it sounds, the common saying is always true, real happiness, if you can find it, it has to come from the inside. One of the hardest things to do in this life is to learn to love the parts of yourself that will always be broken. Unfortunately for celebrities, when that collapse on them, everyone is in a position to see it in real time.

So far, the weakest season. The show is still good, but they should kill off half the "Boys" and make the show about Homelander, since he's the best character.
I *am* starting to have my suspension of disbelief broken. They keep walking into super-powered meat grinders and keep walking out relatively unscathed while other humans around them get shredded like tissue paper as a matter of course.

( What's often not discussed is the "uncanny valley" effect has deep roots in behavioral psychology, evolutionary biology and biological imperatives to survive. The natural instinct to be revolted by something "out of place" is wired into you. You and everyone here are the product of successful reproduction. Far far far far up your family tree, there was some caveman. He probably had a buddy. That buddy might have been predisposed to not be reactionary to things being out of place. That buddy very likely died. And when he died, the trait didn't pass on to future generations to come. This is not about bigotry, misogyny, celebrity hate or anything else. Rapid changes to your appearance will draw attention. Sometimes society sees it positively. For example, someone losing a ton of weight. Sometimes they don't.

I feel badly for Erin Moriarty. Then again, I feel badly for all the Americans out there right now struggling to buy groceries and pay rent. Everyone here should be thankful that most of the worst moments of their life had a good chance of being mostly private)

The writers are slowly removing Starlight from the show. What's going on with Erin Moriarty is actually kind of tragic. It's causing problems for everyone up and down the food chain. They are trying to conceal the "uncanny valley" effect and they are struggling to contain it. They even had to add in a short scene where Starlight looks at old photos of herself, to try to push an angle that she had to change to survive, thus her appearance also had to change. The pregnancy and mean girl retcons are trying to wash away the development of the first two seasons. But all of it betrays the basic character bible for her ( i.e. rural kind girl next door thrust into hyper materialistic corporate meat grinder)

In order to phase Starlight out more, they have to detach Hughie from her. So the writers have to create a parallel arc of Neuman/Gus Fring and Hughie and his own typically unapproving father. They had to retcon the Hughie/Neuman relationship ( more obvious chemistry, they are apparently banging in real life...) because you need UST ( unresolved sexual tension) for the typical non powered POV character ( Hughie is designed to be our avatar into the world building. As he learns and gets exposition thrown at him, at the same time, so do we as the casual viewer. The show will naturally buckle when the POV character for the superheroes, Starlight, has to be retconned to deal with her ever changing face ) Jack Quaid isn't that great of actor, so they figured it was pointless to write away the sexual chemistry between him and Claudia Doumit.

What happened with Moriarty is a PITA from the production side. Everyone gets hit. Lighting, wardrobe, makeup, the writers, what angles they can show her, etc, etc. It also negates the ability to use flashback scenes with her, another limitation. This happened with Mary Wiseman with Star Trek Discovery. She just kept gaining weight and no one really knew how to handle it. The entire production will shift and just deal with it long term if you are carrying the show ( James Spader in Boston Legal and The Blacklist, his weight kept spiking too on both shows) But for supporting characters like Starlight and Tilly, it's not going to work out that way.

Bezos is already being hit in his personal life over bad plastic surgery around him, he doesn't want more of it from properties under his banner. Bezos keeps getting hit because WaPo isn't falling in line consistently enough for the DNC. You won't work with them, not even if you are a billionaire. They own you. Or they act as if they own you.

IMHO, people would better understand this dynamic if they understood the casting process better. You could be hot as hell and the belle of the ball in your own local area. But you show up for casting, even if you have some success, and you see three thousand girls who look just like you. Very close. Then you see them over and over and over again. And you keep getting rejected over and over again. Even people who break through get rejected over and over again. "Success" in the industry has a rapid reset point. Moriarty looks successful to those 3000 girls in the audition who get nothing. They have to wait tables, do auditions, get nothing and realize they will age out fast and hit a wall. But maybe she won't feel that way when she's fighting for parts that she knows will go to a Margaret Qualley, Hailee Steinfeld and Zendaya instead. Then Jenna Ortega shows up. There's always fresh meat coming in the pipeline.

Foreshadowing shows that there will likely be a Hughie/Neuman relationship of some kind. They can't quite write out Starlight completely yet as they need someone with superpowers to allow some narrative flexibility when the show hits it's end point.

Outside of this show, maybe the lesson here is to realize that you have to be OK with yourself. Whatever your situation or status. As corny as it sounds, the common saying is always true, real happiness, if you can find it, it has to come from the inside. One of the hardest things to do in this life is to learn to love the parts of yourself that will always be broken. Unfortunately for celebrities, when that collapse on them, everyone is in a position to see it in real time.
Holy ****. Man, I think it's just as unfortunate she felt the need to get work done as much as the next guy but if this ain't some of the most overdramatic conspiracy ******** I have ever ******* heard. Jesus Christ.

but if this ain't some of the most overdramatic conspiracy ******** I have ever ******* heard. Jesus Christ.

The money has to come from somewhere. That's not a conspiracy theory.

Even a major television production has a practical budget. Maintaining "continuity", especially when modern shows are often filmed out of chronological sequence, for an extended period of time, is already difficult even under ideal conditions. Every workaround requires resources, time and investment. That means money. That difference could be what keeps someone in a job or not. I'm not talking main cast. I'm talking someone who drives a truck. Someone who does a little book keeping. Someone who cleans toilets. The money has to come from somewhere.

Hasbro bought eOne for 2 billion. Then not long after sold their TV/film division for 500 million. Everyone who buys a Black Series figure, a Marvel Legends, a GI Joe Classified, a Transformer, etc, etc, it's all baked in. You might get corners cut on your actions figures. Less paint aps. Fewer accessories. Increased price points. Those stupid HQ decisions trickle down into what the consumers pay. What we pay. The money has to come from somewhere.

Everyone who pre-orders those Hot Toys 1/6th Star Wars figures, the price points are also reflective of every bad decision that Disney HQ has made in the recent past. The money has to come from somewhere.

For those who pay property taxes here, you are paying for every bad policy decision, every stupid lawsuit, every scandal, every payoff, all of it eventually based on what your local elected officials are doing or not doing. The money has to come from somewhere.

In the past 3 and a half years, it's estimated up to 15 million illegal immigrants have flooded into America. Those hotel rooms, cell phones, debit cards, clothing, food, toiletries, travel expenses, etc, etc, that's not coming out of thin air. It's taxpayer dollars. The money has to come from somewhere. You are paying for it now. Your children will pay that bill too. And their children who haven't even been born yet will pay for it too.

Zero doubt in my mind that some people in this forum have been laid off at least once. Maybe more than once. Or it was a friend, or a neighbor, or a relative. Sometimes the losses up the food chain of that company came from just stupid decisions, lawsuits, scandals , theft or waste. Someone has to take the hit. Do you think it's gonna be the CEO? Or his family embedded in nepotism jobs? Probably going to be some regular working class people just trying to pay rent. The money has to come from somewhere.

Moriarty signed legal contracts that said she would not dramatically change her appearance on a major television show. Actual legal documents. Now Bezos is likely not going to have her tossed, even if he technically has as legal pathway to do it, because the PR backlash would be devastating. But he could always get pissed and cut the budget for the next season. Which means some people might lose their jobs. I feel for Moriarty as a matter of the basic human condition. No one really wants to see anyone else suffer. But as a matter of business, she signed a standard long term industry contract with actual provisions on her overall appearance. She signed it out of her own free will and she has to be accountable for signing it. You also seem to be ignoring that a major TV show now has to figure out how to adjust for a character where they are now incentivized to be hesitant to even show her face on screen.

The Money Has To Come From Somewhere. You've been paying that silent tax all your life. Just like everyone else here. Starlight's face could trickle down to some average day to day grunt not being able to buy groceries for their kids because they lost their job. That's not a conspiracy, that's just how the math works.

homer-simpson-homer.gif

Back