1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

On another note, I think a really neat photo would be the Tumbler with both Jokers (Ledger/Jack), TDK Batman and 89 Batman as well as Scarecrow?

In the end do the import fees suck? Sure. It all boils down to if the Tumbler is worth paying all of that. It's a superb piece and I'm sorry for your troubles bud.

I agree. Having recently received it (still waiting for the display case) it really feels worth it if you're a TDK fan.:duff

I'm torn at the moment whether to get Iron Monger or the Tumbler. I'm equally a fan of both.

I'm torn at the moment whether to get Iron Monger or the Tumbler. I'm equally a fan of both.

Had the same dilemma (plus the 3A MG Rex figure, also in the 500$ range). In the end, this felt the most satisfying purchase to me (Monger is somewhat overpriced, 350-400$ would have been about right).

I just lost an eBay auction that would have had Monger to me at $400 shipped.

I love Nolan's Bats but that is about as far as it goes for me. However, my love for Iron Man knows no boundaries. I currently have the gantry, MK I, II, III, IV, V, VI and a custom Tony. I'm working on a Hall of Armor type scene and there will be something for the Avengers as well. All that being said, I still went with the Tumbler. I just felt the DX12 standing next to it was cooler and would fit in better across the board.

Space is another issue. I want the BurtonMobile really badly and just can't figure where I'd fit both.

Yeah :/... Shipping was like $280 from BBTS.... Thats makes it $499 + $280 just to get it here... Then I have to pay 25% of those $780 in taxes, so that makes it $975 :O... and then add some small postal fees etc.

It's just not worth it....

What I regret is cancelling my order from my Swedish dealer, and now it's sold out (preorders). I'm on the waitlist, but I dont think anybody will give it up :(.

Ouch, I just glad they don't do that to us yet in the states. Shipping on my Tumbler was well...The tax was higher.

Space is another issue. I want the BurtonMobile really badly and just can't figure where I'd fit both.
I hear ya there... This thing is a beast. Definitely took me some time to find a place for it. It will get it's own custom case this spring. Really the only option.

I found this pic last night. First one I have seen that really puts it in perspective:

41hYjoak8NL.jpg

Yeah :/... Shipping was like $280 from BBTS.... Thats makes it $499 + $280 just to get it here... Then I have to pay 25% of those $780 in taxes, so that makes it $975 :O... and then add some small postal fees etc.

It's just not worth it....

What I regret is cancelling my order from my Swedish dealer, and now it's sold out (preorders). I'm on the waitlist, but I dont think anybody will give it up :(.

This is where I got mine from and he still has them in stock. I don't know how much shipping would be but they are normally pretty cheap

https://www.gator.nl/en/new-in-store

I just picked this up today and I knew it was big but when I opened the box to check it I nearly keeled over at the sheer size of this thing. I only had a quick check to make sure it was not damaged but I can't wait to get this beast out of the box tomorrow and set it up. Congrats to everyone that got this as it is a pure masterpiece.

I just picked this up today and I knew it was big but when I opened the box to check it I nearly keeled over at the sheer size of this thing. I only had a quick check to make sure it was not damaged but I can't wait to get this beast out of the box tomorrow and set it up. Congrats to everyone that got this as it is a pure masterpiece.

I think literally everyone has that same experience. I'd seen so many pics and videos of this thing and was prepared for it being huge. But when it arrived I saw the box and my jaw literally dropped. Couldn't believe how huge this thing was. Also looking at the front tyres made me realise how big the bat pod must be. Its a great experience getting this thing though.

I think literally everyone has that same experience. I'd seen so many pics and videos of this thing and was prepared for it being huge. But when it arrived I saw the box and my jaw literally dropped. Couldn't believe how huge this thing was. Also looking at the front tyres made me realise how big the bat pod must be. Its a great experience getting this thing though.

It's a fresh change to have a pleasant surprise when you open a collectible instead of one of disappointment when it is either broken or has googly eyes. I thought the shop owner was joking when I saw the box he said that it is the same size as the tumbler inside and he wasn't wrong.

Also looking at the front tyres made me realise how big the bat pod must be. Its a great experience getting this thing though.

It took me no time at all to order the batpod once I realized that very thing. I had to flex it with everything I bought in December but I'm hoping for a similar experience when it arrives.

Of course, I looked at this the other way too... I just can't fathom what the The Bat would be like. That made the Tumbler look small in the pics.

It took me no time at all to order the batpod once I realized that very thing. I had to flex it with everything I bought in December but I'm hoping for a similar experience when it arrives.

Of course, I looked at this the other way too... I just can't fathom what the The Bat would be like. That made the Tumbler look small in the pics.

Yeah I already had the bat pod on order but getting the tumbler made me more excited for getting the pod too. Just hope there's nothing wrong with it. Think I was lucky with the tumbler. As well as my dx12.

Just a few first pics, until I receive my display case. The Ford GT90 in the second photo is 1/18 scale btw... :horror

2012-12-20_19-51-57_999_zpse1d36618.jpg

2012-12-23_21-44-09_218_zpsb54cf07e.jpg

2012-12-23_21-43-14_697s_zps441bd91a.jpg

2012-12-23_21-42-40_392_zps3763e22a.jpg

2012-12-23_21-42-29_768_zps64de6c75.jpg

2012-12-23_21-41-37_691_zpscaa9b6b4.jpg

2012-12-21_18-38-24_755_zpsb32c6a19.jpg

Back