The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Those are... interesting designs. Wish I didn't skip. I'm seeing it Friday with MI4.

Awesome, thanks DiFabio... question though:
Spoiler Spoiler:

So...How was it?

It got me pumped for the film but I wasn't impressed with it. I was excited when I saw the new logo, but the way this opening is shot is a cluster ____, it didn't give you any time to breathe.

It's probably the fastest 6 mins I've ever experienced. You get a quick cut of
Spoiler Spoiler:
and then everything goes crazy.

Characters are hard to hear, it's not just Bane. Pretty much everyone complained about that as I was walking out to my car. The only way I knew what the characters were saying was from that bootleg dialogue with the subtitles. I doubt other people had that privilege.

IF you plan on seeing the Prologue, I strongly suggest reading the transcript of the dialogue and listening to it before seeing it.

From what I heard of Bane, he again, sounds really cool. It's just so hard to understand what characters are saying and the way the scenes are shot is nuts. It's a mess.

+ Positives

- I love the opening logo.
- Bane's voice is great, from what I could hear.
- His chant theme is fantastic.
- Bane's men latching onto the small plane outside and shooting the windows is great.
- The little nod to Batman and Lau with the sky hook was cool.

- Negatives

- Why does it open with Gordon talking? It seems so out of place.
- Everyone is hard to understand.
- The action sequences are as fast as lightning. BOOM, BAM, BOOM and it's done.
- It's incoherent as ____. (This might be due to the Omnimax IMAX dome theater though). It doesn't flow well at all when you're eyes are looking all over the place. It's just too overwhelming, like a kid with ADHD in your face playing with planes and action figures, or like a Bay film. There's no structure to it like the Bank Heist. General Audiences (i.e. people that don't obsess over this stuff and knowing every little detail) aren't going to understand what the hell they just watched.

Overall, not that impressed. I preferred the TDK Prologue Bank Heist by far. That had an actual narrative and flowed smoothly, with understandable character dialogue.

I am pumped for this film though, especially after that montage of scenes at the end. Can't wait for the trailer.

:rock

Last edited:

Awesome, thanks DiFabio... question though:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh man, that all sounds awesome DiFabio! Can't wait to see a ____tier version of it online in a couple hours!:lol

Bootleg was actually up just now. I missed it though, WB took it down.

That's another thing. Security was tight. They threatened anyone in the audience that would try and film it. They had employees up and down the aisles making sure that nobody had devices out.

Oh, and FYI. Bane doesn't look big at all in this prologue. He looks like an average joe in a
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just watched it wow, that was awesome. Complete nostalgia from watching all those bootlegged versions of the robbery on youtube. Loved Bane's voice too.

Though, after your description DiFabio the sequence seemed edited very tightly to me.

Just watched it wow, that was awesome. Complete nostalgia from watching all those bootlegged versions of the robbery on youtube. Loved Bane's voice too.

Glad you got a hold of the bootleg. Yeah, Bane's voice is great. What a relief after that voice at Heinz field.

Yeah, it's like a mix of Darth Vader and the voice from TAS. Pretty awesome. In the prologue he calls him a
Spoiler Spoiler:

It was pretty sweet and got me more pumped (I didn't think that would be possible :lol) but it doesn't top TDK's. That's not saying the the sequence is beyond awesome though.

Also, from the montage at the end, I got a lot more of a comic book feel then the other movies. Might just be me though.

Also, from the montage at the end, I got a lot more of a comic book feel then the other movies. Might just be me though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh snap! Friday can't come soon enough!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well + subterranean structure + waterfall. I said Batcave a month ago. Sticking by it.

I had a hard time catching some of Bane's dialogue, but it wasnt as bad as some had made it out to be. What's that accent, though? It didn't sound British. It was more like Romanian.

That montage after the scene was incredible. The detail. Amazing.

Also, my IMAX gave everyone both T-shirt designs, since they had so many (guy said 400 shirts.)

How spoilery would it be to post gifs of some of the footage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back