The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much you guys! Glad you are all digging it. Please spread the word. :)

As for our upcoming guest, it's no one from Hot Toys but it someone whom you should be familiar with, well at least his work anyways. ;)

Can't wait!

Another great one! Although I would have loved to hear more about the Sideshow Hoth 1:6 figures. Those protos of Han and Luke looked like a quantum leap in quality for them. I know they are using a new technique for the headsculpts--separate eyes and separate hair. I believe the Wolffe clone will be the first to arrive like that. So I would love to know if the figures and faces looked just as good in real life as they do in the photos, and if there was anything else that looked unique about them.

Did the taun taun, probe droid and Grievous look just as awesome IRL as in the photos?

And how about Vader? Did he look any better than the "official" photos on Sideshow's site?

You probably could have had a whole episode devoted to SDCC! ;)

Can't wait!

Another great one! Although I would have loved to hear more about the Sideshow Hoth 1:6 figures. Those protos of Han and Luke looked like a quantum leap in quality for them. I know they are using a new technique for the headsculpts--separate eyes and separate hair. I believe the Wolffe clone will be the first to arrive like that. So I would love to know if the figures and faces looked just as good in real life as they do in the photos, and if there was anything else that looked unique about them.

Did the taun taun, probe droid and Grievous look just as awesome IRL as in the photos?

And how about Vader? Did he look any better than the "official" photos on Sideshow's site?

You probably could have had a whole episode devoted to SDCC! ;)

Let me just say that you will be very happy with what we got lined up on the next episode. Like proper happy! ;)

If I were to post this on a facebook group, which link who I use to promote the tenth episode?

EDIT: Forget it, I cut n paste the link from iTunes

Last edited:
Do you know how many subscribers you have?

No! iTunes doesn't allow me to see how many hits it gets.

But I don't want to know either. We do this for fun and if we start counting, that kinda takes the fun away. I would imagine its decent though given the volume of feedback and emails we get! :)

Just checking. I use to have a movie blog and had like 20 subscribers, and it was too depressing so I basically let it down (lack of time, really). If you have nice guests, then I guess you are well known.

I know it's a bit late notice but we have Sideshow sculptor Trevor Grove on the show tomorrow. He's done a tonne of great work from Baronness to Red Sonja.

So if any of you have any question you would like to as a sculptor of his cailber, please post them here! :)

Fantastic!

I'd be curious to know what the full process is when he works with Sideshow. How does he receive his assignments? How many does he work on at a time? How much and what kind of research does he do? How many revisions does he make for each sculpt? How much feedback does he receive?

How does he feel about the finished products in terms of the quality of the casting and the factory paint jobs?

Is that his only job? Is there something else he would rather be doing with his considerable talent?

What kind of schooling did he get?

What are some future projects coming up?

These are just off the top of my head! I may have more questions later! :)

Back