The Last of Us Figures - HBO Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hansi Bachmann · 3 h ·

j.jpg
jj.jpg

Dan Solo Rebel
Author

I just flipped the neck upside down to see how it looks and the socket is smaller and fits snugged to the head sculpt

View attachment 705867
I don’t know, I tried this with mine but I feel like the bottom (top?) of the neck is too wide for the neck opening on the body so I just left it as is. You can push the head down far enough that it looks fine.

No lie this looks amazing. I'll have to buy one and get Ellie also. I liked the show enough for what it was and some things taken out or add weren't the best choices but still a great show overall.

So, we had the missing holster and knife sheath.

Then the missing flask handles.

Now we get a bait and switch.

Remember this...

Toys Era HBO TLOU Joel Updated sculpt 9.jpg

...and we get what looks like this instead:

vlcsnap-2024-06-05-16h49m14s786.png

Maybe it just looks bad because of the video?

No, it's confirmed to be "resin".

Andre Ruiz

Admin
· 12 m ·

Alrighty then. First impressions right out the box, no futzing or digging deep into anything and I'm really impressed. Lots of accessories that are mostly well done. Some diecast pieces, like the 2 canteens, revolver, knife, and canned food. Odd choice to make the sniper rifle out of resin, but it at least has a working bolt. The shovel is resin too. The AR is fine. Regular plastic. The weathering could be better, but easy fix. The backpack and bed roll are nicely done. The flashlight is very well done as are the watches. Arms and hands are very detailed and very well done. Not sure what these beef jerky looking things are.

Now for the figure. I think it's awesome. Sculpt is very well done and painted nicely painted. The clothing is mostly great, except the jeans. I'll likely be swapping them out if weathering doesn't help. It's been a while since I had anything from Toys Era, and they did not disappoint here.

Oh, and the knife and revolver holsters were included in a separate bag.

He mentioned the jeans not looking good.

They don't. A quick fix I've used in the past is to rub chalk into them on the areas that get the most wear - knees, pocket edges, and so on. A light application all over is quite effective at eradicating the fashion doll look.

He mentioned the jeans not looking good.

They don't. A quick fix I've used in the past is to rub chalk into them on the areas that get the most wear - knees, pocket edges, and so on. A light application all over is quite effective at eradicating the fashion doll look.
Yeah once I get it I'll probably weather it more appropriately to how he had it in the show. Boots are accurate to what Pedro wears in the show just needs slight repaint to bring out the details and add weathering for dirt and grime.

Mine is being delivered tomorrow! I’m still a bit bummed out it comes with Henry’s clean backpack instead of the game accurate one. But other than that this looks like a great figure.

Now we get a bait and switch.

Remember this...

View attachment 706146

...and we get what looks like this instead:

View attachment 706147

Maybe it just looks bad because of the video?

No, it's confirmed to be "resin".
Honestly I’m fine that it’s not wood since I don’t know how well that would have held up, but the amount of die cast feels very unnecessary. The knife it fine since it’s a thin blade and the shovel only has die cast for the head, but the cans, thermos, flask, and revolver (which I believe is inaccurate to begin with) are all too heavy to really use since they’re just solid metal.

The other issue with the rifle is the sling, in that picture there’s a ring connecting it to the barrel, but the final product has that end just drilled through the rifle itself and it doesn’t look very good in my opinion. Still, fairly minor issues for an overall great figure.

Harrison Silvestri

3 h ·

So here he finally is! It came out even better than I could have hoped for. The headsculpt is just the best part for me and feel like they really nailed the Pedro likeness.

I even compared to my custom one I made over a year ago to fill the gap until this one. The headsculpt is far better than the hot toys one.

Massive well done to Toys Era on this one and cannot wait for the Ellie!

I hope you like the photos!

More of this and my collection on my insta:

https://www.instagram.com/vikingcollectables...

j1.jpg
j2.jpg
j3.jpg
j4.jpg
j5.jpg
j6.jpg
j7.jpg
j8.jpg
j9.jpg
j10.jpg

j11.jpg

Yeah gotta add TE to the list of great looking third party sculpts and paint work. Is Toys Era the same as Premier Toys?

Yeah gotta add TE to the list of great looking third party sculpts and paint work. Is Toys Era the same as Premier Toys?

Poissibly Premier.

They're Premium Edition for sure, apparently along with Toys Works, Black Box and In-Famous.

Also suspected to be Tit Toys.

1717676240048.png

Interestingly this was shown back in march, with a different hairsculpt but it seems like they scrapped this and went with prototype

I hadn't checked the tracking since yesterday, so hadn't realised that the delivery date had been changed to today.

He arrived a little while ago.

IMG_2830.JPG

IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG
IMG_2835.JPG

There's speckling on the neck:

IMG_2836.JPG

The rifle doesn't look as rough as it appeared in BigBreda's video:

IMG_2837.JPG

The obligatory missing handle:

IMG_2838.JPG

Back