The Last of Us Figures - HBO Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see the difference in length and color on the arms .. the whole piece came off its socket but I glued it back on to the socket
38045A21-8735-4701-8589-724BD14C4273.jpeg

It’s so crappy that they didn’t use a body designed for these arms in mind. And that the arms barely even stay on.

I looked back on some other ToysEra/Premium Toys figures. And I guess we could’ve had it a lot worse. Their Tyler Posey Superman and Doctor something from the Black Adam movie are awful. They make this figure look like InArts in comparison,

Attachments

• IMG_9200.png
    IMG_9200.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9201.png
    IMG_9201.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9202.png
    IMG_9202.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It looks like they intended on making a new revolver for this release, but I’m pretty sure they ended up just using the same one from their 2019 Joker.

Looks like you're right.

s-l400.jpg

They gave the Joker a Colt Detective Special, though according to IMFDB in the film it was a "Pre-Model 36 version of the Smith & Wesson Chief's Special":

1199px-S&W_Pre_Model_36.jpg

So Toys Era don't put much effort into firearm accuracy, and for the Joker repurposed a model from somewhere else.

Looks like you're right.

View attachment 707191

They gave the Joker a Colt Detective Special, though according to IMFDB in the film it was a "Pre-Model 36 version of the Smith & Wesson Chief's Special":

View attachment 707193

So Toys Era don't put much effort into firearm accuracy, and for the Joker repurposed a model from somewhere else.
Yeah this is why I'm getting a custom one made. I have enough OCD that once I notice something is off gear or outfit wise (if I care enough) I tend to feel like it needs to be fixed. Everything else is fine but the revolver not being a Taurus 66 is bothering me. Lol

Anyone else not arsed about putting the holster etc on the Joel figure? Hate fidgeting with belts and **** at this scale 🤣.

The holster barely shows below his jacket so didn't seem worth attaching to his belt. Instead I just tucked it under his shirt to make it appear that it's on the belt. It stays there quite securely, but can easily be taken away if I want to use it on another figure.

The knife scabbard wouldn't show at all so I left it off completely.

Anyone else not arsed about putting the holster etc on the Joel figure? Hate fidgeting with belts and **** at this scale 🤣.
Use fine tweezers almost needle nose. It's easier that way to thread the belt through the holster.

Sliding looped things onto belts is the easier end of putting together military figures.

The thing with Joel's holster is that it's largely unnecessary to do, because firstly it's mostly hidden, and secondly it doesn't need to be on the belt to stay in place. Tucking it under the shirt gives the option for instant removal to use on another figure in the future.

Got Joel In today. It's definitely an amazing figure for sure. I tried doing a body swap but it definitely wasn't an upgrade. Seems the seamless arms won't work in general so I just decided to go back to the stock body (for now at least) and keep the coat on him. The revolver while not accurate is serviceable. I do hope ellie turns out better and doesn't have to much issues.

Back