The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love
I believe at one point they said that only about 8 people actually finished Season 1.

I watched season 1, 3 times because of Morfydd Clark, and I'm telling the truth, and I love her. and I did watch it 3 times. the full season. yes I did.
Tired War GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Last edited:
I keep trying to sit through this and be engaged, but it's not working.

LOL ... I *want* to enjoy this show. I haven't got to that part yet but Orcs as sympathetic? That's a bridge too far.
It's in episode 3 so prepare yourself.

And it's not subtle at all. It's an orc telling the scar face dude he'd like to settle down and make a life for himself and then it shows him walk over and literally cuddle with his orc wife and orc baby.

It's in episode 3 so prepare yourself.
Just watched it. So we have dirty, evil monsters spawned from magically twisted and corrupted Elves that ... reproduce and have families, swaddling their baby monsters while slavering and snarling and looking feral, just standing there? What a narrative and stylistic mess.

Tolkien's Orc origins were vague and inconsistent. Described at various times as corrupted or fallen Elves, magical creations or even (evil) hybrids. There was an implication of sexual reproduction but mostly they existed as a wholly evil enemy for the heroes to mow down without any qualms; there's room to flesh them out in a show like this but I don't find the direction they've gone to be resonant or in any way narratively elegant.

i love

I watched season 1, 3 times because of Morfydd Clark, and I'm telling the truth, and I love her. and I did watch it 3 times. the full season. yes I did.
Tired War GIF by Amazon Prime Video

TBH physically IMO she's a reasonable choice for a "young Galadriel". Don't know much about her actress-wise. And for all the flack Clark has gotten - I'm also suspicious of what the showrunners and script are actually asking from these people. Never sure how much actors/actresses can do when they are more or less controlled by a director. Also think the "young not-Gandalf" is a reasonable choice.

Am trying to hold out so I can binge more or less spoiler free. I don't expect much, anyway since IMO this is expensive fan fiction and a shallow, cursory treatment of Tolkien.

I think people are reading into it too much. Just because you're seeing an Orc perspective doesn't mean you're suddenly supposed to root for them, they very much make it clear that they're still villains. An Orc literally just stabs a guy before even giving him time to answer a question. They're still evil.

I think people are reading into it too much. Just because you're seeing an Orc perspective doesn't mean you're suddenly supposed to root for them, they very much make it clear that they're still villains. An Orc literally just stabs a guy before even giving him time to answer a question. They're still evil.
Yes, I'll give you this: Tolkien's Orcs occasionally displayed a hint of depth and even morality, yet were irredeemably evil. I just find the execution here clumsy which sums up how I feel about the show so far.

Yes, I'll give you this: Tolkien's Orcs occasionally displayed a hint of depth and even morality, yet were irredeemably evil. I just find the execution here clumsy which sums up how I feel about the show so far.
I agree with you in that.

Plus it's just one orc, Adar is probably gonna kill him if he keeps questioning his judgement anyway. All of the other orc's seem happy enough to butcher people for funsies.

but will this show finally show middle earths tax policies? that's what really matters

Well I really don’t see an improvement from S1.

The good:

Anatar’s reveal was pretty epic but that kind of stuff belongs in cinema not TV series.

The Furiosa villains in the desert there is just NO WAY that wasn’t inspired by Mad Max!

The Dwarves stuff is still pretty good.

Spiders…SPIDERS ****!

Great looking sand tornado.

The bad / boring:

Unfortunately anything to do with Neumenor

Their armor look like pajamas lol

The already infamous Orc family like WTF!

The is he isn’t he Gandalf arc. News flash HE IS!

The wannabe young Sauraman and his silly Acolytes YES you heard me ACOLYTES lol

At least these acolyte witches were better than the Star Wars ones.

Now onto the BIG problem!

The contradiction from the FOTR prologue.

In FOTR Galadriel described the history as if the 19 rings were made by approval from the Elvin king like they were fully aware they were being made whereas in this show the 19 rings were made in secret without approval by the Elvin King!

The only deceit that happened in FOTR was with the ONE ring being forged in secrecy.

In this show the deceit is with ALL of the 19 rings being created in secrecy.

**** that noise lol

Look I love visiting the LOTR universe but MOST, not all, but most of this CW stuff is painfully very non cinematic.

Last edited:
Well I really don’t see an improvement from S1.

The good:

Anatar’s reveal was pretty epic but that kind of stuff belongs in cinema not TV series.

The Furiosa villains in the desert there is just NO WAY that wasn’t inspired by Mad Max!

The Dwarves stuff is still pretty good.

Spiders…SPIDERS ****!

The bad / boring:

Unfortunately anything to do with Neumenor

Their armor look like pajamas lol

The already infamous Orc family like WTF!

The is he isn’t he Gandalf arc. News flash HE IS!

The wannabe young Sauraman and his silly Acolytes YES you heard me ACOLYTES lol

At least these acolyte witches were better than the Star Wars ones.

Now onto the BIG problem!

The contradiction from the FOTR prologue, Galadriel made it seem like the 19 rings were made by approval from the Elvin king like they were fully aware they were being made whereas in this show the 19 rings were made in secret without approval by the Elvin King!

The only deceit that happened in FOTR was with the ONE ring being forged in secrecy.

In this show the deceit is with ALL of the 19 rings being created in secrecy.

**** that noise lol

Look I love visiting the LOTR universe but this CW stuff is painfully very non cinematic.
how pretty is galadriel this time around?

Back