The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arwen's sister dating the orc did a nice job of showing why Elrond would be resistant to Aragorn but once again the aftermath of that situation was just way too "current year".

swipeleft.jpg

So far, LOTR is just Jackson's trilogy for me. The Hobbit movies were pretty bad and easily forgotten, while this series and the War of the Rohirrim are completely unnecessary. Against my better judgement, I watched the first season of this and I will not make the same mistake again.

So far, LOTR is just Jackson's trilogy for me. The Hobbit movies were pretty bad and easily forgotten, while this series and the War of the Rohirrim are completely unnecessary. Against my better judgement, I watched the first season of this and I will not make the same mistake again.
With all due respect abake I think you’re bring way too harsh on The Hobbit…chill yo lol

The Hobbit, while obviously nowhere near as epic as LOTR, is still pretty good to me. With all it's flaws, there is still way more good than bad. Smaug is done extremely well and one of the best on screen dragons sever.

The main problem was it was stretched out way to long. 3 movies were unnecessary and a bit much. But the cost was so high to make it they needed to stretch it out. Originally it was gonna be 2 movies under Del Torro.

I think the Hobbit trilogy is worse than this show. Even just visually my eyes find those movies offensive to look at.

But I don't think any LOTR media can ever live up to Jackson's LOTR trilogy.

I second was Loki said.

Peter Jackson has been very honest and clear about Warner brothers forcing him to do the trilogy including making the battle of five armies about 1000000% longer than the book lol

The experience almost killed PJ.

So yes definitely not LOTR but there was just enough 80’s style fantasy action set pieces that gave it enough charm and excitement for me to accept it all as proper lore.

It being a trilogy most defensively hurt it by forcing some very unnecessary character arcs being elongated to the point of boredom.

Last edited:
I think the Hobbit trilogy is worse than this show. Even just visually my eyes find those movies offensive to look at.

But I don't think any LOTR media can ever live up to Jackson's LOTR trilogy.
You take that back immediately lol

Rings of Power just gave us a concerned Orc father with child care problems and neumenor soldiers that look like they’re from a CW show!

I second was Loki said.

Peter Jackson has been very honest and clear about Warner brothers forcing him to do the trilogy and making the battle of five armies about 1000000% longer than the book lol

The experience almost killed PJ.

So yes definitely not LOTR but there was just enough 80’s style fantasy action set pieces that gave it enough charm and excitement for me to accept it all as proper lore.

It being a trilogy most defensively hurt it by forcing some very unnecessary character arcs being elongated to the point of boredom.
R-rated BOTFA was awesome! :rock

Love the Hobbit movies and ignore what I think was excessive e.g. Legolas and his bats. I don't think the movies get the credit they deserve.

Love the LOTR movies and ignore what I think was excessive e.g. Faramir and an Arwen overload.

Haven't watch WOR tho sad it's not live action.

I'll watch ROP eventually but what little I've heard sounds stupid, which is to be expected since they didn't change the showrunners and/or show any real remorse for S1.

someone online made a cut of the Hobbit that follows the book directly and it was really good.

The Hobbit, while obviously nowhere near as epic as LOTR, is still pretty good to me. With all it's flaws, there is still way more good than bad. Smaug is done extremely well and one of the best on screen dragons sever.

The main problem was it was stretched out way to long. 3 movies were unnecessary and a bit much. But the cost was so high to make it they needed to stretch it out. Originally it was gonna be 2 movies under Del Torro.
IMO for me the problem wasn't the length, so much as an overload of trying to tie the movie to LOTR; instead of hints here and there.

That includes IMO an overuse of Legolas, and not keeping Tauriel as more of a side character; not enough Beorn; not focusing more on the dwarves, and other PJ & co. choices. Same as I feel about LOTR - there's times I literally fast forward over the whole Faramir ring thing, it annoys me so much:pfft:. IMO Faramir was one of the best characters in the book.

But, at least PJ & co. can write dialogue and know how to cast, as well as WETA's visuals. Then there's ROP which I suspect when I get to it, I'll feel the same as I did for S1. E.g. that this is some fan fiction with lots of cheese :stake . Lots of what the utter &^%$# moments. Certainly no riveting interchanges like Thorin/Thranduil, Saruman/Gandalf, Gandalf/Bilbo....no moments like Legolas/Gimli dying side by side (potentially).

Maybe they should have gone all out fan fiction and have Galadriel fall for Sauron, and hook up with him in Mordor, so basically Middle Earth has fallen - the End.:poop:

Every time they rely on CGi it looks like a video game cutscene :lol

View attachment 723425
View attachment 723426
View attachment 723427
View attachment 723428

And it's all even worse in motion.

Well there is some truth to what you’re saying and it was part of the whole controversy when the movie was released and that was because of the HFR causing a hyperrealistic fake looking image where there actually was no depth with the field of view so foreground and background images were both unnaturally super sharp which caused major focus on even the make up lines being visible….

So yeah sure…there certainly is some truth to what you’re saying.

They are still fun fantasy rollercoaster rides with obvious lows but with those lows comes also the highs.

PJ pushed the boundary so far that there were cinematography papers written on his experiment going into super detail about his techniques which were very unconventional.

The general consensus was that while they respected him for pushing the boundary they felt that his 3-D HFR was aesthetically disastrous to the art of cinema.

Last edited:
Back