The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe the prices I am hearing. $2000 for a 1/6 figure with an extra head?

Damnnnnnn

1/1 for life. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Yep welcome to the 1/6 world. After all that is the main theme of this site. 1/1 in this thread is the odd ball. You should start your own thread where you can show all your 1/1 stuff in one place. It's a nice change of pace but as far as prices go, people pay big bucks for the 1/6 scale. Believe it or not, making clothes and accessories in that scale is considered a major skill and not easy to do. There aren't many tailors that can pull that off correctly. Me personally, it's more fascinating to stare at something made at that scale with the little details and everything in place. Sure I can go and get life size clothing and put together life sized characters, but to me and many here, seeing the detail in 1/6 scale makes it more special in my opinion. My comment here is not to knock what you do, but to try and shed some light on why the prices are what they are and why many here collect or create figures at this size. It also saves an incredible amount of space. LOL

No I hear ya. Miniatures in general go for insane prices. I remember buying some doll house items for my diorama and it cost me $3 for a tiny medicine bottle (I needed two! Although this is kinda cheap compared to other accessories you guys buy). I definitely admire the details that go into the 1/6 world its incredible. But like I said, I guess I just like large display pieces even if it takes up so much room.

I probably will one day make a 1/1 horror thread. But all that's complete is Myers. I'll eventually do Freddy (end of Summer?) Leatherface might be easy but I heard getting the Hawaiian shirt is ridiculous. I'd like to do Beetlejuice/Billy the Puppet and even the Candyman. Those would a lot more difficult but I'm sure I can come up with something.

I think my inspiration came from that wax factory in Salem... Even if I'm using mannequins as the base :p

I think I'll end up like those crazy people on Halloween who decorate their garage with this stuff.

No I hear ya. Miniatures in general go for insane prices. I remember buying some doll house items for my diorama and it cost me $3 for a tiny medicine bottle (I needed two! Although this is kinda cheap compared to other accessories you guys buy). I definitely admire the details that go into the 1/6 world its incredible. But like I said, I guess I just like large display pieces even if it takes up so much room.

I probably will one day make a 1/1 horror thread. But all that's complete is Myers. I'll eventually do Freddy (end of Summer?) Leatherface might be easy but I heard getting the Hawaiian shirt is ridiculous. I'd like to do Beetlejuice/Billy the Puppet and even the Candyman. Those would a lot more difficult but I'm sure I can come up with something.

I think my inspiration came from that wax factory in Salem... Even if I'm using mannequins as the base :p

I think I'll end up like those crazy people on Halloween who decorate their garage with this stuff.

I would love to see your Candyman in particular. That would be interesting to see how you complete that.

Yep welcome to the 1/6 world. After all that is the main theme of this site. 1/1 in this thread is the odd ball. You should start your own thread where you can show all your 1/1 stuff in one place. It's a nice change of pace but as far as prices go, people pay big bucks for the 1/6 scale. Believe it or not, making clothes and accessories in that scale is considered a major skill and not easy to do. There aren't many tailors that can pull that off correctly. Me personally, it's more fascinating to stare at something made at that scale with the little details and everything in place. Sure I can go and get life size clothing and put together life sized characters, but to me and many here, seeing the detail in 1/6 scale makes it more special in my opinion. My comment here is not to knock what you do, but to try and shed some light on why the prices are what they are and why many here collect or create figures at this size. It also saves an incredible amount of space. LOL
You nailed it right on Ron! I agree with what you said about the 1/6 collection. I fell in love with it after I first started out I was going for PFs until I noticed there wasn't a Myers PF. Thats nuts!! As soon as I received some PFs, the feeling of opening up the boxes and set it up to displayed, was bland. I lost interest immediately. I ended up selling all of them except for Ben Kenobi and Vader mythos, I kept 'em. I got Cap America PF ex and Red Skull PF ex on flex payments so once they arrive, I'm going to sell those two asap or trade them for 1/6 figures. Anyway I was looking into 1/6 scale, from there I was seeing all of those Myers figures and the rest of them, I was hooked just like that! *snap* The details in the figures just impressed me beyond that I can't describe the feeling. The enjoyment of painting, weathering and outsourcing for clothes and accessories really enhances the feeling of being proud once the figure is completed. Its great!

I would love to see your Candyman in particular. That would be interesting to see how you complete that.

It'd definitely be something. I think I could do everything pretty spot on... But I'd have to figure out how to get Tony Todds likeness using a blank head. Hmmm. Could always make one by hand but this would be a difficult task :)

Actually found a site selling a blank mask of Tony Todd lol. I don't think it'd be too difficult but I'm getting ahead of myself!

Here is a recent sculpt I am pretty much done with, Tony Moran (Unmasked end scene 1978 Michael Myers! :wink1:

:hi5:

Oh, here is a recent commissioned piece I never showed on here! Requested to have blood on it! Made from metal and wood! :wink1:

Im sorry man. One door closed and you still can open another door.

Yes and this one could be expensive.

Thanks again mate! This was a harder one due to the shortage of reference images! :)

There are a few on Moran on set pal.

Oh, here is a recent commissioned piece I never showed on here! Requested to have blood on it! Made from metal and wood! :wink1:

Nice work.

Here is a recent sculpt I am pretty much done with, Tony Moran (Unmasked end scene 1978 Michael Myers! :wink1:

This is interesting. I do not recall ever seeing any Tony Moran or Nick Castle head sculpts unless I missed something? Great job, Joel! I'm curious what you will do with it. :)

This is interesting. I do not recall ever seeing any Tony Moran or Nick Castle head sculpts unless I missed something? Great job, Joel! I'm curious what you will do with it. :)

Thanks mate! Yeah, it's something different! Not sure yet, probably just make a Myers and have it as a interchangeable head possibly! :)

Back