The Not Alamo Drafthouse Poster Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exclusive: Mark Englert '2001: A Space Odyssey' and 'Dr. Strangelove' Posters for Gallery 1988 Kubrick Exhibit | /Film

"At Gallery 1988 East, Mark Englert will have his first solo show called Director Series: Kubrick. It’s an entire show of posters based on the films of the legendary director, and the first in a soon-to-be annual tradition of Englert applying his signature detailed landscape style to the films of a specific director

Here are Englert’s posters for 2001 and Dr. Strangelove. He’ll also have posters for The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and a few others."

"Here’s the deal. The Strangelove is just one colorway. The 2001 is a regular (the apes) with a glow in the dark element. There’s a variant too, but that’ll be revealed later. These are all 12 x 36 inches. We’re still waiting on cost and edition size.

Mark Englert’s Director Series: Kubrick, opens from 7-10 p.m. at Gallery 1988 East, 7021 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles. It’ll remain on display through August 24."

2001 (Regular)

2001 (Regular GID)

They mentioned variant will be revealed later, but the following image's file name was titled variant, guess the GID for this might be different.

2001 (Variant)

Dr. Strangelove

"Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy" by Tracie Ching

ching-Blood-and-Ice-Cream-Trilogy.jpg

Ed. 200 - $35 LINK

Huge props to my brother Darth Waller for helping me assemble all three Perillo Star Wars prints! I'm very eager and keen on getting them all framed up together in a gigantic square frame, but I know that's going to cost an arm and a leg. This paper is so high quality and thick, that it saddens me to have to store them rolled for the time being.

null_zps0a73e06c.jpg

I wouldn't do that. Just put the prints between two pieces of cardboard and slide them under your bed or dresser or something. Put craft or tissue paper between each print and viola! Stored safe and flat. I've safely kept many prints like that for months.

Now you tell me! :lol

I just carefully wrapped them all up. But on your suggestion I will likely find a place for them to be flat within the next week. My life is in turmoil at least regarding the house, and I wanted them to be as safe as possible prior to the impending move...

Thanks!

Instead of cardboard I would try and get some acid free boards from hobby lobby or somewhere similar. That way if you have To keep them flat for longer than you think you will be set. I store all my prints this way and have yet to have a problem.

Marko Manev and Bottleneck Gallery thank everyone for making his first series such a success! Since our first release, we raised close to $2,000 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Over the last couple of months, Marko has been hard at work at expanding his Noir series to other genres and the wait has paid off.

This Friday, August 2nd, at around 1pm eastern, we will be offering our first ever subscription service here at Bottleneck HERE.

The subscription will cost $280 ($35 each) and include his next set of 8 prints. Subscriptions will be limited and the prints in this series will be an edition of 100 each.

Being that this is our first subscription, we want to make this fun for everyone involved so here are the perks:

1) Matching Numbers

2) A roll-over subscription option for Marko’s future Noir set

3) Free shipping on the second of set of prints shipped out. (4 prints are sent at a time)

4) Special presale for an upcoming event.

5) A free 9th print that will not be for sale to anyone. (Will be included in the second tube)

If you don’t want a subscription and just rather go for individual prints, here is our release schedule:

-Tuesday, August 6th @ 12pm eastern – #1 and #2

-Tuesday, August 20th @ 12pm eastern – #3 and #4

-Monday, September 2nd @ 12pm eastern – #5 and #6

-Friday, September 20th @ 12pm eastern – #7 and #8

Subscribers would start receiving packages the week of August 20th and September 20th.

manev-Blade_Runner_Preview.jpg

manev-Alien_Preview.jpg

manev-2001_A_Space_Odyssey_Preview.jpg

manev-Evil_Dead_Preview.jpg

manev-Psycho_Preview.jpg

manev-Jaws_Preview.jpg

manev-Hellraiser_Preview.jpg

manev-Terminator_Preview.jpg

I haven't liked any of them. I don't think it has much to do with my interests as opposed to how unappealing I find them.

Gabz and Odd City Entertainment?s FARGO Posters | Collider

"On August 21st, the Paramount Theatre in Austin, Texas, will be screening Fargo as part of their Summer Classic Film Series. Focusing on Film Noir, and films that took that genre in a new direction, the Academy Award winning film will be featured on the big screen and in a limited edition screenprint. Odd City in conjunction with the Paramount Theatre, enlisted the help of polish artist Gabz to tackle this property.

Artist: Gabz
Size: 24”x36”
Printed by: D&L Screenprinting
Details: Regular – w/2 metallic inks / Variant – w/2 metallic inks on pearlescent paper GID layer on Regular & Variant
Run size: Regular – 325 / Variant – 135 Pricing: Regular – $45 / Variant – $75

While both the regular and variant edition of the print will have metallic inks and a Glow in the Dark layer, only the variant will be printed on pearlescent paper. These limited edition prints will be sold at the Stateside at Paramount screening of Fargo on Wed., August 21st. Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the Paramount Box Office on day of show. For more information, visit the Paramount Theatre’s website.

Paramount Theatre Film Fans will receive priority when purchasing prints. A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit the Austin Film Society."

"Here is what Odd City CEO Roman Morales had to say about it.

"Fargo was the first piece Odd City had fully produced with Gabz. There were a lot of late nights and several weeks of back and forth to make sure this piece was perfect. The versions that had been considered and dismissed could fill a book. There were people with their heads chopped in half, outrageously brilliant colors, and even a landscape version. If there was a book on the prints that Gabz had produced to date, I have to believe there would be an entire chapter dedicated to Fargo alone. Gabz wanted nothing more than perfection. With the cooperation of the cast, the tools were all laid out in front of him. All he had to do was let his imagination run wild. I believe he nailed it."

Keep an eye on Odd City’s Twitter or liking them on Facebook for any additional information regarding these prints and their future releases."

Regular

Variant

GID Layer

Last edited:
Back