The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

There won't be a gap film, it'll be told over 2 films and including the White Council in both films, so no Saruman wasn't in the book but he was head of the White Council at the time, so he COULD be featured in the Hobbit. All they'd need to do is build interior Rivendell or Orthanc scenes in a film studio in England, and fly over the other actors involved with the White Council (Elrond, Galadriel, and whoever else they'd add - Glorfindel??!!), so it's entirely possible as they could film those interior scenes in England before or after the main filming in New Zealand.

It'd be easier than that. Just put the actors in a green screen room, full costumes, minimal props and then insert the council environments digitally, from shots taken of the actual sets.

horrible idea if they add a whole bunch of crap to the Hobbit. I know its story that doesn't need a lot of minutes to tell, but lets not lengthen it with a bunch of unrelated stuff. If anything I hope they just add a prologue like they did with FOTR.

Looks nothing like a younger old Ian Holm. That's what they need to do. I would say eff it, hire a body double, let Holm play Bilbo in the easy scenes but digitally erase the wrinkles then paste his face on the body double for action sequences. Budget be damned!

Isn't that "BIG" announcement supposed to come today? I have a feeling it will be a let down.. prolly some merchandising thing.

Isn't that "BIG" announcement supposed to come today? I have a feeling it will be a let down.. prolly some merchandising thing.

You are correct and probably right about a let down, but I'm going in with low expectations. :Flush

Yeah... I am thinking they realized that it would disappoint...

i just finished reading the Hobbit for the first time (even though I read LOTR when the movies came out). It really heats up in the end. The first 3/4 of the book is sorta ho hum.

The slaying of the dragon through the end of the battle of 5 armies needs to last 50% or more of the movie IMO.

I believe they will split the movies at the point where Bilbo has just defeated the spiders and the elves of Mirkwood take the dwarves prisoners and bilbo goes to save them.

I believe they will split the movies at the point where Bilbo has just defeated the spiders and the elves of Mirkwood take the dwarves prisoners and bilbo goes to save them.

what? are you being facetious? thats more like how they SHOULD have ended two towers, with Sam going to save Frodo. :lol

I am being serious... That seems like the logical point to me for them to break the story in two.

By the way, I would like to voice my disappointment that there was no announcement yesterday.. they even removed the poll asking people what they thought the announcement was going to be about.

:mad:

I haven't been following all the rumor mill, but I thought only 1 film was to be "The Hobbit" and the second film was to be a filler or appendix to the entire franchise.

Personally, I think the second film should be a "Finding Neverland" type film splicing a Tolkien biography with his stories and characters.

Personally, I think the second film should be a "Finding Neverland" type film splicing a Tolkien biography with his stories and characters.

That's crazy talk. What will the educational cable channels have to do if they waste a feature film on that?

Back