The Tomy Mini Helmet Trade Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
out of the four different companies out there Marmit ssc and medicom tomy which boba fett helmet is more accurate
Marmit.
The all would require modification to get them even more accurate, but Marmit got the shape and proportions better than all the others.It's also made of hard vinyl, so you can heat it with a hair dryer and reshape it easily.
TomyMini has nice sharp detials, but what through it off the most is the front of the helmet/lens is too long. Ok for a Medicom custom but a bit small for SSC.
Medicom Helmet is nice...especially the paint job on the ROTJ version. Ear Piece that hold the range-finder is off.
Sideshow: nice looking figure Helmet...but way off on how everthing relates to each other and the overall shape.

My Helmet is a mix:Base Marmit helmet, with Medicom Ragefinder and TomyMini Ear Piece shaved down and fitted.
I'll try to take a new pic for you shortly.

Quick pics. Still need to re-paint/detail the helm.
csmall.jpga.jpg
bsmall.jpg

My fett is on a newer Medi body..the stronger one.
The Medi ESB Helmet has a so-so paint job. The ROTJ version is the same helmet with a superb paint job. It's the special edition version, so all of the battle damage is in the ESB deco. If you wanted to use that one, you would probably have to repaint the green/red parts. I have the Tomy Biker Scout, along with the Hasbro one...just never tried to make a figure out of them...so I can't help you there.

My fett is on a newer Medi body..the stronger one.
The Medi ESB Helmet has a so-so paint job. The ROTJ version is the same helmet with a superb paint job. It's the special edition version, so all of the battle damage is in the ESB deco. If you wanted to use that one, you would probably have to repaint the green/red parts. I have the Tomy Biker Scout, along with the Hasbro one...just never tried to make a figure out of them...so I can't help you there.

like which parts would need to get painted. and to what colors would they need to be

like which parts would need to get painted. and to what colors would they need to be
Check the custom Boba Fett threads. I think the actual pantone colors are listed there somewhere. I usually hand mix my own color, so really couldn't tell you what to get. I use various paint brands as well.

how about I send it to you as you did an awesome job lol
lol...you couldn't afford me.
I can't afford me.

Seriously, I used to take on figure commissions, etc. years ago. But as I do illustration for a living, this is a hobby I need to keep strictly that. Otherwise it becomes too much like work.

Just an FYI.

There are still some available on Amazon. I just ordered a Rebel Fleet Trooper and Storm Trooper. Much cheaper than what I found on eBay. I searched Tomy Star Wars helmet.

was wondering if anyone offered casts of these helmets, since theyre getting harder to find....especially the xwing ones. pm me

awesome thanks how good is the medicom empire version helmet. I also got the tomy helmet as well. and I just picked up the tomy biker scout helmet to. I need to get the Hasbro biker scout next. what would be a good base body to put him on

Good to see I'm not the only one that used Tomy's earpieces!!

EDIT: And get to painting! I want to see it!

Back