The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DCD leaving the door open for more Minutemen era figures in the line:

AFI: Is there a chance we would see additional Minutemen product/figures?

DCD: It is always a possibility. The original Comedian costume is something that I think would make a great figure, as would many of the others from that group. (Don’t even get me started on the classic villains)

I think I'd buy a couple more Minutemen, the Comedian and Hooded Justice for certain. Wouldn't mind either version of Moloch either.

Picked up the 13" Rorschach yesterday at TRU, as my lcs had it for $100. Yeah right. I had a fifteen dollar giftcard so that was an added bonus. He looks a lot better out of the box and with the jacket futzed around with a bit. The purple suit underneath is actually very nice and the Haley sculpt is really good too, imo. The DCD paint leaves him looking like a Dragon figure from ten years ago though. He could've come with more accessories but I was fine with the few he got and the extra hands do make up for a bit.

I'm gonna try and play with putting it all on a True type with a blank head underneath the face. Already water treated the coat to get nice and wrinkly. I'll save the Kovaks head for rainy day project or something, the street prophet version would be kinda cool but the prison garb is more memorable. Gotta find a 1/6 fryer basket though.

That's a pretty sweet repaint, btw, Celtic!

I would buy every single Minutemen offered from DCD without a doubt. I would display them with a custom banner behind in their classic poses. I'm also hoping that DCD allows for comic book versions of these characters as well as more of the Watchmen film versions. I know HT is coming but I would gladly buy a Nite Owl or Silk Spectre from DCD as well.

Yeah, another 6-8 or so figures in the 7" line would be sweet. The first 2 Series seems to have sold decently anyway.

And I really, really hope we get more than just the 3 figures from Hot Toys.

i was just noticing the celticp's signature and noticed that rorschach is really2 SHORT!

I mean not only the fact that he's shorter than silk spectre, but also the shortest of the bunch!

I'm wondering if HT is taking notes on the height issue. If so, they would need to start making not only slim version TTs but also "slim and petite" TTs version as well!

I don't know. TTs break down fairly easy, particularly the calves and forearms so all they'd really need to make are new shorter limbs and apply them to an existing body. I think.

I would buy every single Minutemen offered from DCD without a doubt. I would display them with a custom banner behind in their classic poses. I'm also hoping that DCD allows for comic book versions of these characters as well as more of the Watchmen film versions. I know HT is coming but I would gladly buy a Nite Owl or Silk Spectre from DCD as well.

totally. i would pick up all the minutemen and whatever else dc direct decided to put out. and the same goes for the 13'' offerings...which i really like.

I am all for more Minutemen. A Comedian in his Minutemen suit would be my new favorite figure. How about some Moloch and Bubastis action too?

Since Ozzy doesn't come with much, I'm hoping HT will provide Bubastis with him. As for Rorschach I would imagine he'd be on the thin body but HT isn't known for height accuracy, then again they might use the frame from the female characters like Elizabeth and remove the breastplate to get the appropriate look.

Small updates on my custom Rorscach! I futz him a bit! I did the scarf, the button and a newspaper!
Trench is Triad dyed in brown and added buttons
Pants are hot toys joker as well as the gloves and repainted!
SHoes are medicom!

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics!

Saw that 12" Rorschash figure at my local comic shop today...for $100! Had to pass on that...but I did pick up a regular figure at Spencers (our TRU has NOTHING Watchmen)...
3353178602_5cdb077450.jpg

3353178628_836c6fd38b.jpg

Nice detailing on the sculpt. I'll try and pick up more of this line later...look pretty good.

Last edited:
I got my TRU Rorschach/Kovacs today.

That means I have 11 of the 12 figures in-hand and the other one will be here on Monday from CSC/AT. I'm still one of the lucky few who hasn't had their card compromised.

Unfortunately the other unmasked Rorschach is going to be somewhat anticlimactic after the TRU one which really is better in every way.

But as I said before: it's about being the obsessive completist.

Actually, if non-prisoner Rorschach figure does have something going for it it's that he doesn't have that mugshot sign essentially attached to the figure. The way the head and collar meet it's not really removeable (though I saw someone, I think on thefwoosh, saying they managed to get theirs off) so I guess it is somewhat appropriate to have the two figures.

I got my TRU Rorschach/Kovacs today.

That means I have 11 of the 12 figures in-hand and the other one will be here on Monday from CSC/AT. I'm still one of the lucky few who hasn't had their card compromised.

Unfortunately the other unmasked Rorschach is going to be somewhat anticlimactic after the TRU one which really is better in every way.

But as I said before: it's about being the obsessive completist.

Actually, if non-prisoner Rorschach figure does have something going for it it's that he doesn't have that mugshot sign essentially attached to the figure. The way the head and collar meet it's not really removeable (though I saw someone, I think on thefwoosh, saying they managed to get theirs off) so I guess it is somewhat appropriate to have the two figures.

I got mine off. You just have to keep moving the head and chain at different angles and you can evetunally get it off. Nothing broken, nothing altered. Now I can put it on and take it off as I wish.

dsc00944.jpg

I was thinking about collecting these Watchmen figures, but I was at Borders today and they wanted $20 for the little Rorschach! :horror I think I'll just stick with 12". :lol

I got a Rorschach at NYCC for 15 bucks and it's pretty decent. Not a lot of articulation and posing it is impossible but it's nice to show off...

Where are the 1/6 Rorschach pics?

Ive been buying the 6" Watchmen figure from Blockbuster for $15 each

Back