The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roor002.jpg

Roor006.jpg

Roor010.jpg

Roor013.jpg

Roor014.jpg

He rocks. I cant wait to repaint his head. The paint is awful on mine. But other wise, I feel satisfyed. Could've been 20 dollars cheaper IMO....

I'll say it. Yes. IJ confirmed it. Dave from CoolToyReview confirmed it. A bunch of other sites confirmed it and then took the info down at request of HT. Its happening. It probably won't be announced until April though because like TDK, DC Direct is holding HT at bay until its own stuff is released.

I see. I thought that maybe they weren't since they seemed to have at least preliminary versions of the TDK figures announced/previewed before the movie was out.

So yeah, looks like the only difference is the lack of blood on his face and the prison sign. The TRU one is the one to get I think as he actually appeared like that in the movie. His face was always beat up when in his Rorschach suit and unmasked.

All right. I'm still futzing with it but I wanted to show off my ascot.

Rorschach001-1.jpg

Rorschach002-1.jpg

Rorschach003-1.jpg

Rorschach005.jpg

I think the only thing really hurting the DCD Rorschach is the body. The mask turned out well enough that I think HT could pull of a cloth mask.

And nice ascot tying!

So yeah, looks like the only difference is the lack of blood on his face and the prison sign. The TRU one is the one to get I think as he actually appeared like that in the movie. His face was always beat up when in his Rorschach suit and unmasked.

If I actually had to pick (as opposed to being in "must have them all" collector mode) I'd go with the TRU one.

You're right, he never appears "clean" like he does in the "regular" unmasked figure. I'm not 100% sure but it stands to reason that he's already sporting bruises and wounds when the mask is first removed by the police so the other one wouldn't be screen-accurate in that outfit.

If they would have thrown in a "The End is Nigh" sign (if the figure could actually hold one with that arm articulation) it would be different, even though that outfit wouldn't be accurate to that version of the character. He is still wearing the Rorschach outfit during the mugshot though so that one is accurate.

But yeah, I'll be happy to have them both.

If I actually had to pick (as opposed to being in "must have them all" collector mode) I'd go with the TRU one.

You're right, he never appears "clean" like he does in the "regular" unmasked figure.

In the film when he rips off his mask to tell Manhattan to "Do it!" his face is clean, no bruises, no blood nothing. The TRU version is best looked at as the "arrest" version when they rip off his mask for the first time...

Back