ThreeA: Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going for these:
9f50226510d5005327528e79876c1992.jpg

I would be surprised if they sold 100. Majority of people want classic Stormtroopers, like the ones we got from Hot Toys, those are pretty much perfect. Not sure about these. Not sure what look they are going for. To me he looks like a renegade trooper hiding from the empire but was to stupid and forgot to take his helmet off.

These are primarily for fans of Star Wars who are also Fans of Ashley Wood's designs and properties. There's no sense in making straight-up movie-based figures when those are already being done by two other licensors. 3A has a big following and they'll probably sell more than 100. I'm mulling it over and will make up my mind wen it hits Bambaland.

I like the stylized helmet and the oversized gloves, wish they'd do a more straight up "3A'd" version. I actually own nothing from them except their Halo releases, but I've seen some of their original stuff that doesn't look bad (just not my cup) and I wouldn't mind seeing them do a run at a sand trooper because I really like their weathering effects.

I liked the 1/6 Ro-Jaws figure from ThreeA.. however I would have released it last in the line, for the same reason Supermarkets do not sell toilet-cleaning products (or Sewer Droids) by the Entrance, because it sends out an undesirable subliminal message.. that, followed by the re-release of the two existing 1/6 figures at 1/12, before any new figures, appears to have pretty much killed the ABC Warriors line.. despite Ashley's claim they would continue with the 1/12 scale.
:gah:

The 1/12th line is finally continuing.

1/12th Judge Death has already been up for order and is available from retailers, Robo Hunter was just previewed on the 3A blog and Hammerstein is on the way with further comments that Dredd should be out before the end of the year. These are all coming from the 3A employee working directly on the line rather than Ashley Wood. It took a while, but it seems there's finally a direction and action behind it.

These are primarily for fans of Star Wars who are also Fans of Ashley Wood's designs and properties. There's no sense in making straight-up movie-based figures when those are already being done by two other licensors. 3A has a big following and they'll probably sell more than 100. I'm mulling it over and will make up my mind wen it hits Bambaland.

You seem to be the resident expert/defender for 3A/ThreeZero. How big of a following does 3A have?

Also, I think a Boba Fett in this style would be pretty cool.

I'm content with these I think.

Still need to get those Hot Toys ones...

How big of a following does 3A have?

There's no need to defend Threezero/ThreeA, for those that know, they're pretty much at the top of the action figure game along with the other heavy hitters.

Over 20000 fans on its Facebook page. A fraction of Hot Toys or Sideshow of course, but people really into 3A seem to buy a lot of product (you should see some of the collection photos posted to FB, Flickr and the various 3A forums) - and some people willing to put big money into the hobby, especially with many figures in the aftermarket costing $800 to $5000+. The Buy-Sell-Trade group, also on FB, is currently over 800 ppl.

The 1/12th line is finally continuing.

1/12th Judge Death has already been up for order and is available from retailers, Robo Hunter was just previewed on the 3A blog and Hammerstein is on the way with further comments that Dredd should be out before the end of the year. These are all coming from the 3A employee working directly on the line rather than Ashley Wood. It took a while, but it seems there's finally a direction and action behind it.

Thanks for the update, I have been waiting for news of a Hammerstein figure. :duff

I'm content with these I think.

Still need to get those Hot Toys ones...

Great pic!.. it would make a good sig. :rock

There's no need to defend Threezero/ThreeA, for those that know, they're pretty much at the top of the action figure game along with the other heavy hitters.

Over 20000 fans on its Facebook page. A fraction of Hot Toys or Sideshow of course, but people really into 3A seem to buy a lot of product (you should see some of the collection photos posted to FB, Flickr and the various 3A forums) - and some people willing to put big money into the hobby, especially with many figures in the aftermarket costing $800 to $5000+. The Buy-Sell-Trade group, also on FB, is currently over 800 ppl.

Thank you for the info. I will have to check out some collection photos.

Annnnd they ruined it. Took the color a little too far while going for a Sandtrooper look.

11194611_760209974099349_5284851194655692282_o.jpg

Semi-confirmation in a reply on FB that this is a specific "Sergeant" version and not the same figure - waiting for specific confirmation the other previewed one will be released.

I'm not interested in buying them, but I actually think they look pretty cool. Nothing really to do with Star Wars but still a neat looking concept ;p Clearly not meant for the SW crowd though.

I consider myself firmly in the SW crowd and I definitely want the one in the previous photos. But... I'm also a big Popbot/Tomorrow Kings figure fan.

Back