TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just how articulate are these figures? I keep seeing them in walmart and target, but they look so stiff and I hate buying statues or those figures with bare bones articulation like those old Star Wars figures. Convince me !

Just how articulate are these figures? I keep seeing them in walmart and target, but they look so stiff and I hate buying statues or those figures with bare bones articulation like those old Star Wars figures. Convince me !

I can't speak for the other figures in the series as we don't own any yet, but the Nickelodeon Turtles themselves are quite well articulated, especially for the size and price... My sons and I posted a review on them just this afternoon actually if you want some better views and more info-

tutlesfacebook.jpg

More pics and a video review here: Playmates Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Review

Just to warn those unfamiliar with our video spotlights though- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consisit of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (sometimes my 5-year-old Keaton as well) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics.

Suffice it to say though... We REALLY dig these 4 Turtles and highly recommend them!

Sallah

The new Nick TMNT figures are tons of fun! I wish the accessories had some more paint details, but that's about my only complaint.

photobucket doesn't wanna work anymore for some reason so I can't show you the statue of Leo I found. anyway the 11" turtles have the yellow stomach part made out of hard plastic that hinder's the leg articulation while the smaller version has a rubbery stomach that is flexible.

photobucket doesn't wanna work anymore for some reason so I can't show you the statue of Leo I found. anyway the 11" turtles have the yellow stomach part made out of hard plastic that hinder's the leg articulation while the smaller version has a rubbery stomach that is flexible.

I see theres not much love for the 11 inch turtles, but to be honest there my favorate ones out of the bunch. I am likely jaded in that opinion do to the fact that I mainly collect 1:6 but while the lack of elbow articulation is annoying they make up for it with way better weapons and have a greater display value compared to the smaller ones.

I'm mainly 1:6th and I contemplated the 11 inch figures, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. They'd look so extremely toyish in comparison to my other figures of the same size. I like them but they are no where near the turtles I want at 1:6th. I love them as smaller figures though. Well worth the insane (for nowadays) $8 price tag.

All this new Turtles stuff had me feeling nostalgic for the old Playmates Movie Star Turtles. Anybody else remember these? They still rank amongst my favorite Turtles ever made. I tweaked mine a bit by repainting their knee/elbow/wrist bands to match the film, and I switched out some weapons here and there, but even straight out of the box, these Turtles were a step above all of the other vintage Playmates fare...

movieturtles1large_zps320e0283.jpg

movieturtles2_zps46cae2af.jpg

movieturtles3_zps4d875461.jpg

movieturtles4_zps0e5003f1.jpg

movieturtles5_zpsc048d012.jpg

Sallah

I only have one of those guys. They are actually very good. They do however, feel weird !!!

Those were my favorite Turtles , I miss mine .

Why do they have so many spots on them? I don't remember mine from a kid having that many

Yeah, they had these. I think they tried too hard to copy the movie Turtles. I might try to track down a full set.

I wish neca could have done movie versions of the turtles. He'll I wish any company would.

I wish neca could have done movie versions of the turtles. He'll I wish any company would.

Agreed. I believe Playmates said if the classics line sold well (Which I'd say it is) then they'd tackle other versions of the turtles, which I hope includes the movie versions.

The new Turtles line is one of the best action figure toy lines to hit mass retail in years. Great sculpts, pretty good articulation, excellent paint and a lot of play value for a relatively low cost. The Lair playset is amazing and worth the coin if you can track one down.

Love the movie turtles! Sadly, I gave mine away many years ago when I was too cool to collect toys anymore. Oops.

Been trying to get a set off of ebay, but they tend to top $100 for a loose set of 4 with their belts and weapons. I think I'd rather put that money towards the new sewer playset, honestly. The Nick line is #1 for me. I love the sculpts, and it's not real hard to add a little paint detail to make the sculpts really pop.

Oh, and Sallah, I loved your Turtle review with your kids. I think it's a cool thing to do, and it's quality family time that is just priceless.

And, sorry to go off topic, but we've actually met. When you used to work at (or did you run it) the Earth over by Queen City Comics. I used to post on he-man.org as man-with-arms. I'll have to get your autograph next time I see you. hahaha!!

Hey everyone! OK, I read through most of the thread. I had no idea there was a new TMNT show and toys out now! I love the TMNT, and had most of the toys from the late 80's and early 90's when I was a kid. My favorite vehicles were the blimp and Party Van. I had to go out and get the new toys, so went a little crazy tonight at Walmart. I got all 12 figures, the two bikes and the shellraiser.
I plan on getting the new LEGO sets too next year. Those will be awesome!
I haven't seen the new show yet, so will probably ask y'all questions about it, lol!!

I recently finished up my TMNT comiquettes from Sideshow. I can't wait to open up these new Playmates figures to display!
Here's some pictures of my comiquettes.
IMG_4786.JPG

IMG_4788.JPG

Back