TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really amazes me how the movie still holds up and how the suits look flawless. 1990 movie gets overlooked in the practical effects department so bad. Those are the best looking turtles on film

Got me the new Mezco TMNT animated set today 😁 I just hope they don’t keep bringing out other sets for my wallets sake

It really amazes me how the movie still holds up and how the suits look flawless. 1990 movie gets overlooked in the practical effects department so bad. Those are the best looking turtles on film
The film's appeal is partly due to its independent artsy production. Hollywood Majors - especially these days - are just bad and unwilling to take risks. Also, CGI lacks the authenticity TMNT 1990 had so we will most likely never get anything like this again

I remember playmates or something blocks certain companies from making certain things. That’s why it’s so hard for neca to just release regular 6inch figures . It’s always must be an exclusive or limited. I think it has something to do with play mates holding onto the license.
NECA is making exactly what they want. They do 1:10/7" and 1/4 scale figures for all of their lines and that's what they've done for TMNT.

With how fast turtles stuff sells out, a high quality 1/6 90s turtles set would sell like hotcakes. The adults who would be buying them are the right age for that nostalgia too. It's clearly a no brainer, guess Playmates is run by a bunch of idiots.

I'm sure they'd sell, but the NECA TMNT movie line will not be matched with how many characters they've done and many collectors are 2 dozen figures deep. They even tried to get Tatsu but weren't able to get him to license. I'd buy 1/6 turtles but it's not like I'm starving for them at this point.

NECA is making exactly what they want. They do 1:10/7" and 1/4 scale figures for all of their lines and that's what they've done for TMNT.

I'm sure they'd sell, but the NECA TMNT movie line will not be matched with how many characters they've done and many collectors are 2 dozen figures deep. They even tried to get Tatsu but weren't able to get him to license. I'd buy 1/6 turtles but it's not like I'm starving for them at this point.
They do make exactly what they want but they akways have to jump through hoops to release them. The 6 inch figures are akways exclusive and don’t come out like there regular 6 inch stuff.

My review of the Mezco TMNT Animated versions. :)

I REALLY like the look of these, I love the color pop, and the black playmates call back belts is really nice, wish Donnie came with a serious head but I'm sure a customizer will make one since I've seen a couple custom sets floating around for the original set.

I would have some interest in 1990 sixth scale Turtles but truthfully I’m okay with the NECA 7” line.

We’ve gotten an impressive amount from NECA and I doubt we’d get more than the four Turtles if a sixth scale company ever picked up the line.

They do make exactly what they want but they akways have to jump through hoops to release them. The 6 inch figures are akways exclusive and don’t come out like there regular 6 inch stuff.

What 6" stuff are you referring to? Like I said they don't really do 6" scale for anything. I recall reading that they have deals with Target/Walmart and I think they help fund things for them. I cannot imagine any company like NECA's size would take risks like creating unique molds for all the gang members you see one time unless someone else was bankrolling them; that's why they're all exclusive to those stores I believe.

What 6" stuff are you referring to? Like I said they don't really do 6" scale for anything. I recall reading that they have deals with Target/Walmart and I think they help fund things for them. I cannot imagine any company like NECA's size would take risks like creating unique molds for all the gang members you see one time unless someone else was bankrolling them; that's why they're all exclusive to those stores I believe.
There 6 inch turtle figures. The toon stuff. They can’t release them regularly like say there 1/4th scale figures cause playmates has the smaller scale license. They release them in strange bundles like the target disguise turtles to get around the rights issue playmates has. Like it’s always an exclusive you need to get at target and never released online. Remember the mirage turtles ? How they released those and then had to stop cause they were making more money and playmates wanted to make adult collector figures.

There 6 inch turtle figures. The toon stuff. They can’t release them regularly like say there 1/4th scale figures cause playmates has the smaller scale license. They release them in strange bundles like the target disguise turtles to get around the rights issue playmates has. Like it’s always an exclusive you need to get at target and never released online. Remember the mirage turtles ? How they released those and then had to stop cause they were making more money and playmates wanted to make adult collector figures.
Wow I didn’t know that, that’s actually insane

With how fast turtles stuff sells out, a high quality 1/6 90s turtles set would sell like hotcakes. The adults who would be buying them are the right age for that nostalgia too. It's clearly a no brainer, guess Playmates is run by a bunch of idiots.
I kind of lost count, but I think Neca is on their fifth run of the 1/4 movie turtles. The core group anyway. I think a lot of people would really appreciate a disguise Raphael again. He sells on eBay for almost what a complete set of the core four do. Aye caramba.

The turtles are 6" tall, but it's a 7"/1:10 scale line, they're only 6" because they are shorter than humans. There is no issue for them releasing them solo, they literally just released Ultimate Cartoon versions as singles for the last Target Collectors Con thing a few weeks ago.

As I mentioned, I read a while back Target helps fund the molds/manufacturing for the cartoon turtles, that's why they A) Made so many random B, C, and D level characters NECA would normally never do, and why they're exclusive to Target.

The turtles are 6" tall, but it's a 7"/1:10 scale line, they're only 6" because they are shorter than humans. There is no issue for them releasing them solo, they literally just released Ultimate Cartoon versions as singles for the last Target Collectors Con thing a few weeks ago.

As I mentioned, I read a while back Target helps fund the molds/manufacturing for the cartoon turtles, that's why they A) Made so many random B, C, and D level characters NECA would normally never do, and why they're exclusive to Target.
What I’m saying is that the smaller scale figures (doesn’t matter if they are 5 or 7 inches) are harder for them to just produce. They release them in weird ways like target exclusives or bundles. They can’t just release the things normally for collectors online.
When they released the 90s movie turtles they were exclusively a GameStop thing and were a hassle to get. Compare this to something akin to there other figures they put out like alien or predator. Those are just available on every site for preorder and target and pretty much any other store.

If it was easy they would have released many cartoon figures in smaller scale normally instead of jumping through hoops like making them “turtles in disguise” so that they can sell the cartoon turtles in smaller scale . Why do you think they haven’t just released the turtles separately like everything else ? It’s cause they have to work around playmates or they can’t use the license.

Why don’t you think we don’t see mirage turtles from 2008 when neca is the king of re releases ? It’s because playmates blocked them from doing those and we haven’t gotten them since.
Then that’s when playmates released their own version of the mirage turtles which were terrible in comparison.

They hold the master license. They made a billion off them they aren’t just going to let another company make them easily and share a slice of what they have.

They are fine with 1/4th characters but smaller scale is where they make there money and they wouldn’t want competition even if it’s adult collectors

What I’m saying is that the smaller scale figures (doesn’t matter if they are 5 or 7 inches) are harder for them to just produce. They release them in weird ways like target exclusives or bundles. They can’t just release the things normally for collectors online.
When they released the 90s movie turtles they were exclusively a GameStop thing and were a hassle to get. Compare this to something akin to there other figures they put out like alien or predator. Those are just available on every site for preorder and target and pretty much any other store.

If it was easy they would have released many cartoon figures in smaller scale normally instead of jumping through hoops like making them “turtles in disguise” so that they can sell the cartoon turtles in smaller scale . Why do you think they haven’t just released the turtles separately like everything else ? It’s cause they have to work around playmates or they can’t use the license.

Why don’t you think we don’t see mirage turtles from 2008 when neca is the king of re releases ? It’s because playmates blocked them from doing those and we haven’t gotten them since.
Then that’s when playmates released their own version of the mirage turtles which were terrible in comparison.

They hold the master license. They made a billion off them they aren’t just going to let another company make them easily and share a slice of what they have.

They are fine with 1/4th characters but smaller scale is where they make there money and they wouldn’t want competition even if it’s adult collectors

This logic that there's any exclusive reason fails when you consider Super7's, Mezco's and The Loyal Subjects' TMNT figures are widely available and at the same or similar scale. NECA was always going to make different Mirage Turtles instead of the ones based only on the first few issues like their original ones were. I don't see it as being Playmates at all, they don't hold the true master license anymore or else Playmates would be on every package.

Whatever the deal was in years past, it is different now. Literally everyone is making TMNT figures.

This logic that there's any exclusive reason fails when you consider Super7's, Mezco's and The Loyal Subjects' TMNT figures are widely available and at the same or similar scale. NECA was always going to make different Mirage Turtles instead of the ones based only on the first few issues like their original ones were. I don't see it as being Playmates at all, they don't hold the true master license anymore or else Playmates would be on every package.

Whatever the deal was in years past, it is different now. Literally everyone is making TMNT figures.
Buddy those figures are different interpretations or not even from the 80s cartoon entirely. The mezco toon figures are literally nothing like the actual cartoon and again are sold in a bundle instead of individual figures.

Nickelodeon holds the license and they have a deal with playmates to produce a majority of there figures. They will not let you sell there own tmnt figures on there own without there say. Most of the companies you listed put out things like retro figures or idw figures but when it comes to 80s or 90s or even mirage playmates will not let them make it so easily.

Why do you think it’s so difficult for them to just release various mirage turtles? Why was the last release of the mirage turtles such a pain to get and wasn’t released normally? Why do you think the toon turtles are sold individually in 1/4th scale but in smaller scale they have to be bundled in a disguise package?

If you think playmates doesn’t have a say on what comes out and what doesn’t then neca would have put out the turtles from all 3 films normally , put out the toon turtles normally and made more mirage figures. They cannot do a single figure of just one character or release it online in stores because playmates has the license and will block them from doing it.

Where were you in 2008 when they literally blocked neca from making more mirage turtles because they gained more success then them in the adult market? Now you barely see any neca turtle figures unless it’s an exclusive or bundled in some exclusive target or Walmart thing.

Think of it like Spider-Man . Marvel and Sony. Yes playmates will share the property but they won’t let them have complete control over what they do with there stuff they hold the rights to. If neca were to make mirage turtles again in individual sets then playmates would fight against it

Back