Underrated Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Die Hard Trilogy. I had fun playing that back in the day on my Sega Saturn.

I liked that game too. Three games for the price of one. Die Hard 1 was the stand out. Die Hard 2 was good but just a rail shooter but I did not like Die Hard 3.

I agree with Mirror's Edge, at least for the PC version. Beautiful art direction, music, and incredible sense of adrenaline. My issues were with the story, the animated cutscenes, and trial and error spots.

I also loved Otogi 1+2, though they weren't rated that badly... just weren't very popular.

Last edited:
Xenogears
102w8dz.jpg

But... Xenogears is highly praised by gamers. Maybe not well-known to non-rpg players and casuals though.

Xenogears was F'n awesome as hell!!! Nice add Hairless!:rock

I use to play crash bandicoot for hours!!! I loved those games!!!

Yes, Mirrors Edge definitely was underrated. Let me think of other games.... I would say Heavenly Sword, Lost Oddyssey and the PC version of The Last Remnant. And GTA4 was heavily overrated. Man, do I hate that game!

Clive Barkers Undying. Still the scariest game I've ever played. Had such a foreboding amosphere.

Rival Schools does spring to mind. As does Legend of Legaia. As does Crash Bandicoot 2...Red Faction....Kill Zone...the list goes on....

:exactly: YES! Rival Schools is AWESOME!

I personally really love No More Heroes as well and Beyond Good and Evil...Just wish they were more popular as I would LOVE to have a statue from both of those series :D

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (PC)
Advent Rising (PC)
Mirror's Edge (PC)
P.N.03 (Game Cube)

those are a few recent underrated games i could think of.

some stuff already posted like Shadow of the Colossus and Eternal Darkness aren't "underrated" at all, those had fairly high ratings.

speaking of SOTC...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/EHzHoMT5eRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/EHzHoMT5eRg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

i'm calling it right now - best game of the year.

Kayne & Lynch Dead Men it got bashed left and right. True, it had some gameplay problems, but the story and the characters are among the best in videogames.

Oh man, I came in this thread to post Shadow of the Colossus and Ico :lol Two of the most beautiful and imaginative games I have ever played, by the same developer to boot.

:lecture Awesomely beautiful games full of atmosphere, emotion and with hardly any dialogue, manages to convey the story better than most films...

Other games i loved are:

Kurushi - Very addicted puzzle game on PS1
Flower - Another top class game and very underrated on PSN
Flow - Made by the same team as Flower on PSN

Back