*VOTE for Clean DX Headsculpts* Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
Surprised no is taking issue with price with how much people moan about Inart and HT.
The prices are kind of in line with Hot Toys and InArt. Figures just are a lot in general. I’m always a bit wary a bit more skeptical on this being the first Jazzinc figure offering and how much I’m willing to fork over.

Conversion to Aussie dollars is a bit steeper then expected so I’ll be only going with the battle damage DX. Bring on the pre-order.

Was looking forward to metal claws,
that was one of the features that really helped sell it. Good to see these will be actual sculpts with rolling eyes and not mouthplates.

$315-$340 before mark up + shipping for plastic claws, bare bones accessories and base is too much for me, second sculpt seems needed there or something.

That’s likely pushing $385 Clean -$425 BD through Kit or Spec for Basics.

Likely a single DX of either or pass.
Not interested in InArt Joker Deluxe prices for this.

To me the lack of metal claws makes sense from Joost’s explanation. The fact that they could easily damage the suit alone makes it worth just using plastic in my opinion.

I think that would come down to user error,
these are to be collectibles, just don’t prepackage them on the figures in-box.

InArt Aragorn comes with a sharp die-cast sword,
as well as the die-cast broken Narsil bits.
I like how their approach has been -
anything that is metal in reference, should be metal for the figure.

In the states we can’t directly buy from Jazzinc, correct? The figures look beautiful but the prices are stiff if you want the DX or both. decisions, decisions. . . if I just had some money trees in my backyard this would be easier. Do we know when the expected ship date is? Need to figure out how much to start putting aside every week, lol.

Hmmmmm there's a lot going on here that has me scratching my head, not least of which is how confusing the various product tiers are and that they're not accurately reflected in the photography.

We're getting movable eyes, which is excellent. But, half the purpose of movable eyes was so the lower face could have been swappable mouth plates, allowing for more expressions and looks without the added cost of multiple full heads. But instead, it's still three unique full heads. The cost as a result is almost $500 per figure just to get multiple expressions. And for both basic versions, the one included head in my opinion is the least interesting of the three included with the DX versions.

Movable eyes will require all new sculpts and it'll be critical that the tolerances between the lids and the eyes look good, and we don't get to see those before pre-orders open. Ditto for the custom seamless body which I believe last I heard isn't reflected in these photos?

The diorama backdrop being only available with a $950 two-pack is pretty wild.

Just a whole lot of choices that seem to make the already-costly basic versions less desirable and the deluxe versions much more costly. I just don't see any reason why this couldn't have been swappable mouth plates with one figure for significantly less than $450.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 4.51.24 PM.png

With all of the hands postures, it does look like it would be a pain if we had to try to put all of the claws on yourself every time you switch hands, especially ones with the fingers bent fully back. Also the matter of trying to mass produce that level of detail in real metal on something that small, I was wondering how they were going to do it since FullMetal customs wouldn't be making all of these himself.

The Battle Damage one has drastically different eye and eyebrow expressions, also the cowl mold is different regarding how it folds around her cheek, so swappable faceplates wouldn't work here and separate sculpts is preferred imo. I think to keep things consistent they also made the clean normal version have 3 separate sculpts. The eye expression differences in the normal clean version are less drastic, but the clean version also has 2 different cowls (completely clean with the meow mouth and mid-movie eye hole rip for the other 2).

jazzinc catwoman final prototype.png

Can't reuse coupons though, right? Meaning, if you used "bigbreda" two years ago, you can't use it here (or ever).
No reuse allowed, but if you find two new $10 coupons, just place two separate orders and get $10 off of each.

I only skimmed Joost's video - any mention of payment plans with OSK? He said in the past that plans would be available regardless of where we order. That said, I probably won't opt for one. I'm getting tired of giving people my money and then having things be delayed countless months.

I think that would come down to user error,
these are to be collectibles, just don’t prepackage them on the figures in-box.

InArt Aragorn comes with a sharp die-cast sword,
as well as the die-cast broken Narsil bits.
I like how their approach has been -
anything that is metal in reference, should be metal for the figure.
Yes, but these claws are so small in this scale it makes no sense putting in the effort and cost to make them metal. Plus if they were shipped loose from the figure I guarantee you that people would mess up her hands (& probably their own) trying to put them on. If Joost has opted to make these plastic I applaud him.

Last edited:
The Battle Damage one has drastically different eye and eyebrow expressions, also the cowl mold is different regarding how it folds around her cheek, so swappable faceplates wouldn't work here and separate sculpts is preferred imo. I think to keep things consistent they also made the clean normal version have 3 separate sculpts. The eye expression differences in the normal clean version are less drastic, but the clean version also has 2 different cowls (completely clean with the meow mouth and mid-movie eye hole rip for the other 2).

View attachment 732701
One in the middle definitely had to be a unique sculpt but I think one could put the mouth on the left head onto either of the other two heads and it might work fine.

This will be pretty tough to decide on before tomorrow being that my top 2 sculpts are split up unfortunately. I can't tell but is there a difference in the bodies between the basic and battle-damaged? I ask because I probably will end up getting the two-pack and sell one of the bodies along with the sculpts I do not care for. Also, do you think this will be a bad move on my part or should I just settle on one of the two deluxe packs?

Back