*VOTE for Clean DX Headsculpts* Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
It’s also a bit disingenuous to criticize Joost about potential design details because he shares info during product development that no other manufacturer would ever provide us. The fact is, no features are “advertised” as being “part of the package” until the product is up for order. Until then, it’s all speculation.

No not really, when he first made the "about $300" price guess for the figure it was when diecast claws were a feature, now they arent and the prices are marginally higher despite losing a premium feature.
Nothing disingenuous about my dissatisfaction about that, I believe that the package is overpriced and have been open and sincere in that belief - so I would kindly ask for you to explain what about my stance is insincere/disingenuous.
After all my criticism is based on the current package.
Also - as an aside I'm not the one making Joost share these details, he has received plenty of praise for doing so especially when sharing details and elements people feel have "improved", its also a natural consequence that doing so allows for criticism on elements that people don't think are improving - as is the case here with me.

And yet as far as I can tell the metal claws are still the ones being used in the proto images.
That is disingenuous.
Happy to be proven wrong if they aren't.

Now folks - dont get me wrong, Im happy people are happy and the universal truth of commerce is that its your money and if its worth it to you then great, other peoples opinions shouldnt hold sway on you or your decision.
I certainly apologize to anyone who may feel Im the debbie downer raining on the parade.
But I'm gonna call a spade a spade and this figure is overpriced, to what degree is YMMV.

Last edited:
Man I so wish I could remove the mask from these BD heads, as I'd love to recreate this look with one of them.

View attachment 732736
I wish one of the battle damaged head was the fully unmasked head. I would definitely be displaying that look.

Last edited:
I'm still getting eternal, not canceling and if I can afford it I'll get the jazz inc one.it is very good.

This figure looks great and will easily blow the Eternal one away. However I am doing the same and keeping my PO for the Eternal one. I cannot at this time afford/justify the pricing on this one as being Australian the exchange rate just kills it.

Happy to see it being made and will enjoy everyone's pictures next year.

That was probably back before everybody insisted on moving eyes.
People should expect a higher price when they demand more stuff like rolling eyes. The price is high, but not unexpected, especially after YEARS of waiting for a Catwoman figure. I will be getting this, most likely the 2 pack.
Joost: "This figure is $300 dollars".

People here: "But we want rolling eyes, metal claws, face plates, different bases"

Joost: "This figure is now $10 thousand dollars"

People here: "Omg this is expensive! I can't believe it!..............................................also can we have......"

And so on and so forth....
There was a claim at one point that it was somehow cheaper to paint, produce and include three full heads than it would have been to put rolling eyes on one head. That didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, but here we are today and the $315 figure now includes rolling eyes - which is great - but then it costs an extra $135-$150 to get the other heads?

Again I think the best bang for the buck would have been one head with rolling eyes and three swappable mouths. Hot Toys gives us that for $285 on their Batman Returns 2.0. I understand this is a lower volume special-order deal so I’m not expecting bargain basement prices, but feels like that approach could have come in at a price much more competitive than $450-$490 per figure.

I just can’t understand putting the hell here diorama into the 2 pack only. Who is going to want to display their battle damaged figure with that diorama? It is the perfect diorama for the clean version that goes with the scene from the film. A separate sewer themed base or diorama would’ve made much more sense for the battle damaged figure.

No not really, when he first made the "about $300" price guess for the figure it was when diecast claws were a feature, now they arent and the prices are marginally higher despite losing a premium feature.
Nothing disingenuous about my dissatisfaction about that, I believe that the package is overpriced and have been open and sincere in that belief - so I would kindly ask for you to explain what about my stance is insincere/disingenuous.
After all my criticism is based on the current package.
Also - as an aside I'm not the one making Joost share these details, he has received plenty of praise for doing so especially when sharing details and elements people feel have "improved", its also a natural consequence that doing so allows for criticism on elements that people don't think are improving - as is the case here with me.

And yet as far as I can tell the metal claws are still the ones being used in the proto images.
That is disingenuous.
Happy to be proven wrong if they aren't.
Perhaps disingenuous is the wrong word, but on the one hand you’re complaining about losing tiny diecast claws given the the marginal price creep and yet gloss over the inclusion of the moving eyes within the same price point, which most will agree is by far the more premium feature. You also seem unwilling to give Joost the benefit of the doubt regarding what is the best option for the claw design. Since day one I’ve thought the inclusion of metal claws made no sense & hoped they’d be dropped, so losing them is a plus in my book. But then we all have different backgrounds & different collecting experiences, so I can’t expect everyone to see things the way I do.

I'll give Joost this, he's no fool - he locked the most popular of the damaged suit headsculpts, the "insane" one, behind the DX price point.

Agreed. If the insane sculpt (BD) and the meow sculpt with the teeth (normal) were the single HS's for the standard releases, I would have gone for 2 singles instead. Respect to Joost, I would have done the same. Although its not a limited customs release, but the way i see it, its practically a custom figure, so I won't compare HT prices with this piece.

Welp, I tried to convince myself that I could live with just the smirk head on the clean Catwoman, but I cannot get away from the fact that the 'meow' sculpt just really captures Pfeiffer so well in that moment. I must get the DX clean set... AND the DX 'dirty' set.

I've been Joost!

I’m personally not excited to PO this tomorrow. Great figure for sure, but definitely overpriced, especially for the BD versions. Gotta pay to play I guess.

Perhaps disingenuous is the wrong word, but on the one hand you’re complaining about losing tiny diecast claws given the the marginal price creep and yet gloss over the inclusion of the moving eyes within the same price point, which most will agree is by far the more premium feature. You also seem unwilling to give Joost the benefit of the doubt regarding what is the best option for the claw design. Since day one I’ve thought the inclusion of metal claws made no sense & hoped they’d be dropped, so losing them is a plus in my book. But then we all have different backgrounds & different collecting experiences, so I can’t expect everyone to see things the way I do.
Yeah I was never that attached to the diecast claws idea. Seemed like a lot of extra effort and expense for something that wouldn't really look much different on display than plastic ones.

That would have warranted an extra sculpt. Missed opportunity to not have included it and I’d prefer that over different expressions.
Yeah I far prefer an unmasked Selena to the torn mask look, but I also realize a fully rooted head would have added even more to the price, so it was never going to happen.

But who knows, maybe Sean Dabbs will decide to release some additional sculpts for these figures down the road...

If it was in any way a trade off, I’m much happier with movable eyes than diecast claws. The package as-is looks great.

I just wish there was a way to get the “Hell Here” diorama separately, as someone who can’t swing the big fancy two-pack right now, but I’m sure folks on ebay will have plenty - for $500+ :monkey1

This figure looks great and will easily blow the Eternal one away. However I am doing the same and keeping my PO for the Eternal one. I cannot at this time afford/justify the pricing on this one as being Australian the exchange rate just kills it.

Happy to see it being made and will enjoy everyone's pictures next year.
Totally understand.

Back