Watch Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

I gave this game a shot, tried to like it but couldn't finish it. The graphics on the PS3 are pretty awful. I didn't like Aidan at all. He was boring and annoying. The rest of the cast was better but it wasn't enough for me to keep playing.

The gameplay showed some potential. I quite liked the hacking and scanning stuff. But car chases annoyed me. The hacking of the traffic lights or blockers rarely worked as smoothly as shown in preview videos. So it often resulted in simply trying to ram each other off the road. I wouldn't have minded this so much if the game offered the possibility to shoot from my car or hack my opponents' cars. You can pretty much hack anything in this game but why not cars?

Sorry you didn't like it. As far as Aidan's personality goes: I don't think Ubisoft wanted to impose too strong a personality so that players had a hard time relating. What they did give us was interesting, imo. He's quiet, but a lot is said by him at times.

I've yet to complete a mission using only stealth. I'll take out a guy or two using the environment, only to be discovered by someone approaching the guy I just took out. Maybe I'm not fast enough to go from camera to camera looking for items that will explode on the curious guard(s).

Slow and steady gets the job done for me.

I only use the camera's to mark all the guards so i know where they are. I study the routes they take and wait for the best time to take a guard out without alerting any others. If another guard does see me I try to shoot him with the silenced pistol before the rest are alerted. The lure works great too for getting guards isolated and alone.

I've yet to complete a mission using only stealth. I'll take out a guy or two using the environment, only to be discovered by someone approaching the guy I just took out. Maybe I'm not fast enough to go from camera to camera looking for items that will explode on the curious guard(s).

I love stealth games(shout out to Deus Ex Human Revolution!) so I just take my time, find a nice hiding spot where I can see a camera, and then work my magic like a digital Solid Snake. I broke into the CTOS ofice right after you meet Clara, and no one even knew I was there. I even heard one of the guards reply how a blown steam pipe was a horrible accident. It wasn't until the 3rd one, that they realized someone was doing it, and they began looking for me.

In stealth you have to first scout and mark EVERY guard in the area you are infiltrating. Use your silenced weapons and cover. Using noisy environmental things to take out guards will alert them. Instead try to go in close and use take downs or headshots via silent weapons. I have completed quite a lot of these gang hideouts full stealth as well as CTOS centeres. the guards to take out are the ones who are high up and snipers. If you take them out, no one will miss them.

I've been playing this off and on for several days; granted, I am a S-L-O-W player by many standards. I take my time, play some missions, or just fart around - driving & looking at cool art. So far, I am ONLY 16% complete....lol. Good game, nice and long. No issue with anything thus far! Insofar as side missions go, I think the Gang related ones are my fav. Nice and challenging on Hard mode.

For anyone in the know: what's the difference with hard and realistic mode? Kinda guessing the latter is a one bullet and your dead kinda thing?

I just finished Act 1 of the main story - still just doing the side missions; surprisingly fun with those. My one 'complaint' at the moment: the speed of which the general crime missions or online hacking missions appear on screen have increased exponentially - I get a pop up every few moments now....it wasn't that often before.

Finally got to spend some decent time with this game this past weekend. It is not too bad. Once you get used to it, the driving is not bad at all. I'm only in Act 1(been doing mostly side missions), but the story does not seems decent enough, if somewhat cliched. Aiden is boring as a character, and not sure how I feel about Lisbeth Salander lite. But Jordi Chan is an artist. I would play a game as Jordi.

Watch_Dogs -- (Amazing new IP from Ubisoft)

I finished act 1 this weekend. I am having trouble getting into this game. Could have played last night but decided not to. The story just seems dull so far. Typically if I like a game I will plow through the main story missions, but this just isn't sucking me in. I'll finish it, but it's going to take me awhile.

I do like the 1 v 1 hacking of random players though. I get an adrenaline rush installing the encryption software.

Last edited:

I've done a few of the mini games. The ones where you're on an acid-like trip were really odd to say the least.

So is this worth the $$$? Trying to decide if I should grab this or Wolfenstein first...

So is this worth the $$$? Trying to decide if I should grab this or Wolfenstein first...

I would say you will get a mixed bag of responses from people as to buy or not buy the game. I am obviously not deep enough into it to make an informed decision, but if you like sandbox games then definitely go for it. There is a lot to do in watch_dogs.

Back