WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a reason why Ozy looks like that in the movie. They purposely designed him to remind people of Schumacher Batman and other 90's superhero films. Remember, this will be a deconstruction of superhero MOVIES.

I know. And it works...but from any perspective, he looks dumb. Thats pretty much my only issue...well, the ending is somewhere, but its not an issue until March 7th...after I've seen the movie.

I know. And it works...but from any perspective, he looks dumb. Thats pretty much my only issue...well, the ending is somewhere, but its not an issue until March 7th...after I've seen the movie.

comic book Ozy looked dumb. Smartest man in the world and he dresses in gold and purple tunic? :huh

oh well, it was the 80's after all. :lol

That's why it makes perfect sense for the movie to be a deconstruction of THAT medium. Indeed, even "The Dark Knight" can't be taken as seriously after this comes out.

Weren't you the one going on and on about hyperbole with regards to The Dark Knight?

They all look great!! I love the one with ROrschach standing the street. :rock

Hell Yeah! Upon closer inspection, it looks like the "Was offered Swedish love and French love...but not American love. American love; like Coke in green glass bottles...they don't make it anymore." scene. Rorschach is surrounded by whores! :rock :lol

Weren't you the one going on and on about hyperbole with regards to The Dark Knight?

Yes. But this wasn't hyperbole at all on my part. I meant every word in a literal sense.

WATCHMEN's take on the medium makes it very hard to take characters like Bruce Wayne/Batman too seriously because you know that, in the real world, his clearly-defined duality is simply not possible. He'd be a totally dysfunctional sociopath. And when you then identify that fantasy the notion of a "real world Batman movie" starts to become nonsensical. Same thing with Superman. Totally one-dimensional and elementary after the Dr. Manhattan character study. That's what a deconstruction is all about. You re-think the classic characters and put them in a more clearly-defined context.

Yes. But this wasn't hyperbole at all on my part. I meant every word in a literal sense.

WATCHMEN's take on the medium makes it very hard to take characters like Bruce Wayne/Batman too seriously because you know that, in the real world, his clearly-defined duality is simply not possible. He'd be a totally dysfunctional sociopath. And when you then identify that fantasy the notion of a "real world Batman movie" starts to become nonsensical. Same thing with Superman. Totally one-dimensional and elementary after the Dr. Manhattan character study. That's what a deconstruction is all about. You re-think the classic characters and put them in a more clearly-defined context.

But the movie hasn't come out yet, so you are making assumptions. You don't know if this movie will actually do that. You can say it about the book, not the movie.

Stop being recalcitrant. :mad:

pfgree13.jpg

But the movie hasn't come out yet, so you are making assumptions. You don't know if this movie will actually do that. You can say it about the book, not the movie.

Well, since the film is an adaptation of the book and the director himself has said it's designed as a deconstruction of modern superhero movies I think it's a rather safe assumption. Don't you agree, my Recalcitrant Pretentious-Elixir Drinking friend? :eek:

:duff

By the way, :mwaha at the pic above.

Well, since the film is an adaptation of the book and the director himself has said it's designed as a deconstruction of modern superhero movies I think it's a rather safe assumption. Don't you agree, my Recalcitrant Pretentious-Elixir Drinking friend? :eek:

:duff

By the way, :mwaha at the pic above.

I just like giving you ^^^^.:lol:lol:lol

Back