WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is reading WATCHMEN right now and loving it. She is really getting into the subtile piece and even reading all of Holis' journal entries, that I skipped the first time I read it :lol, she is looking forward to the film more than I am at this point, she was watching the trailer the other day and syncing it up with GN.

I guess it was a sad day :dunno

:lol:rotfl:lol

Did anyone else notice that he said, "ignorant foolish sheeple"? Completely took me out of the moment. What was he talking about? Something about that it was really Christian Bale who crucified Jesus, and that I should feel badly about myself? Hhmmm...

:lol:rotfl:lol

Did anyone else notice that he said, "ignorant foolish sheeple"? Completely took me out of the moment. What was he talking about? Something about that it was really Christian Bale who crucified Jesus, and that I should feel badly about myself? Hhmmm...

I thought for a second that it HAD to be Teemu. :lol

Why does this guy leave me feeling like I was just sitting through a puritan sermon? Anyone who begins an "moralistic" rant by digging into his own ear leaves me feeling he's more than a bit disingenuine... that and his repeated use of "yous".

Casting aspersions upon a movie that he is as unfamiliar with as the world outside of his parents' basement is unfair to his audience and to himself. I'm sorry, but Watchmen is many things, but the Bible it is not. Today, we don't aggrandize sociopaths for their passionate adherence to justice, nor do we look to God for his innovative logic. Is it a tale on a critique on the types of individuals pervasive throughout the world and what path so-called heroics can ultimately lead to? Is it a cautionary tale that there is no such thing as a hero, to devote oneself to humanity makes one the most human, and that even the virtuous have a dark undercurrent flowing through them? Yea, I'd say that's about right... and the tip of the iceberg of messages one could glean. The man needs to read his Watchmen again, I think. Problem is he's likely just one of those "bandwagon" guys who picked up the book when it entered Hollywood headlines. ;)

I loved that sheeple comment! :lol

That guy is so comically pompus and jerky.

Suffice to say that dork will likely never have a chance to use one of these:

l_9235524816944ee3b1ff3263954d967a.jpg

(BTW, yes... those are actually being sent by WB to press and PR folks :lol )

Blue wangs for everyone! :banana:banana:banana

Whoa, that was...weird. As someone who's never read Watchmen or really know anyone to ever talk about it, ever, before reading about it on this site it was very strange to see a movie clip where Rorscach's name is mentioned. Since I've never heard his name vocalized (in association with the character of course) it was like watching a clip where the characters are named after any other name exclusive to this site.

Now I know that this movie looks quite well directed and will probably be all that and a bag of chips to fans of the comic but to ME it was just a couple of guys dressed in Schumacher superhero costume having a conversation kind of like this:

"Shut up teemu."

"No you shut up IrishJedi."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"Hold me."

WTH? :lol

Just sayin'. ;)

Ok, wow. Carla is way hotter than Malin. I was wrong, and I'm not afraid to admit it. She has total DSL's.

Ok, wow. Carla is way hotter than Malin. I was wrong, and I'm not afraid to admit it. She has total DSL's.

True but I'd let Malin pretend and act like she had them as well...I'm nice like that. Its all about self-esteem and damn it she needs to think she has DSLs and prove on me then so be it.

More clips.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article2246642.ece

https://www.totalfilm.com/news/world-exclusive-watchmen-clip

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/00paR4jXgPo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/00paR4jXgPo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Back