WGP's supernatural ROADTRIP 666- MR. CROWLEY?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's UNHOLY SUPERNATURAL ROAD TRIP- cast pics posted

It's pretty smooth, no more and no less textured than any other head sculpt around.

Well, my Castiel sculpt came today and after such a long wait for it i have to say that i'm really disappointed with it ( Especially for the price ).
Not with the likeness, that's superb, but the size of it.

The freshly printed, pre-moulded heads looked ok in size but this is too small ( think Ada Chan ). It looks stupid on the clothed body.

Why is everyone making heads so small nowadays?

Do you have any pics that you can show?

wow - sorry to hear that! The Cas sculpt was measured exactly to the dimensions of my HT Joker head, it sucks that you feel it is too small :( - sorry mate

Well, my Castiel sculpt came today and after such a long wait for it i have to say that i'm really disappointed with it ( Especially for the price ).
Not with the likeness, that's superb, but the size of it.

The freshly printed, pre-moulded heads looked ok in size but this is too small ( think Ada Chan ). It looks stupid on the clothed body.

Why is everyone making heads so small nowadays?

The heads are not smaller. Here are some pics. The heads were all sized using the HT Rhodey head as a base size on my end, and the HT Joker head on Seans. As you can see from the pictures, we actually had goosed them a little bigger (then Sam even larger because he is Gigantor). I'd say watch the clothes though. Particularly the trench coat size since it is made to go over a suit underneath. The Highlander trench coat in particular is ridiculously huge on a HT body. Look at those arms!

sup012.jpg

sup024.jpg

roadtrip666001.jpg

roadtrip666006.jpg

roadtrip666005.jpg

roadtrip666008.jpg

roadtrip666024.jpg

Last edited:

I'm sorry but it's smaller than a couple of the small Ada Chan heads i have.

What is wrong with making them Dragon size?
The body i'm using is a TTL 2 and i'm not using the Sideshow Highlander coat, it's toy city or some such.

What is wrong with making them Dragon size?
The body i'm using is a TTL 2 and i'm not using the Sideshow Highlander coat, it's toy city or some such.

The evil of sizing heads is that depending on which heads you compare, Hot Toys heads and some Dragon heads can be the same size because sizes are not always consistant, even between the same company (annoying!). The industry standard is leaning towards Hot Toys so those are the scale we sized them at. I sent the head out personally so I know it is the same scale as all of our other Cas heads. There are no mis-cast sizes.

Last edited:

update on dean and sam heads please. those that were cut. thanks

The evil of sizing heads is that depending on which heads you compare, Hot Toys heads and some Dragon heads can be the same size because sizes are not always consistant, even between the same company (annoying!). The industry standard is leaning towards Hot Toys so those are the scale we sized them at. I sent the head out personally so I know it is the same scale as all of our other Cas heads. There are no mis-cast sizes.

When all my other figures use Dragon and Sideshow size sculpts the smallness of this one is very apparent.
You did the Battlestar heads Dragon scale why not do all your heads like that?

As for being scaled with Hot toys heads, i compared it to the Gyllenhall head on the TTM19 body and it's a bit smaller than that.

The trouble is people are sculpting heads to fit these bodies but not taking into account the shrinkage caused by moulding.

I now have to get Cas resculpted or try and enlarge it.
Not happy after waiting so long for him.

Last edited:

When all my other figures use Dragon and Sideshow size sculpts the smallness of this one is very apparent.
You did the Battlestart heads Dragon scale why not do all your heads like that?

As for being scaled with Hot toys heads, i compared it to the Gyllenhall head on the TTM19 body and it's a bit smaller than that.

The trouble is people are sculpting heads to fit these bodies but not taking into account the shrinkage caused by moulding.

I now have to get Cas resculpted or try and enlarge it.
Not happy after waiting so long for him.

Do you have pictures of this?

I cant upload anything to my pc anymore, there is a problem with it recognising the USB ports.

I may be able to work something out by the weekend.

I cant upload anything to my pc anymore, there is a problem with it recognising the USB ports.

I may be able to work something out by the weekend.

Yeah bro i would say when able show what your talking about with a visual aid so everyone can see have an opinion about it

You did the Battlestart heads Dragon scale why not do all your heads like that?

Battlestar is the only line we doing Dragon scale because people wanted to use their Majestic costumes with them. Everything else we do is HT scale.

As for being scaled with Hot toys heads, i compared it to the Gyllenhall head on the TTM19 body and it's a bit smaller than that. The trouble is people are sculpting heads to fit these bodies but not taking into account the shrinkage caused by moulding.

That's because like I said, even within companies like HT sizes aren't consistent. My pics show the final cast product compared to our HT head and they are just fine. Shrinkage wasn't an issue. They are exactly the sizes we scaled them for. Since many Dragon sized heads are larger of course our HT scaled heads will look smaller next to them.

The heads are not smaller. Here are some pics. The heads were all sized using the HT Rhodey head as a base size on my end, and the HT Joker head on Seans. As you can see from the pictures, we actually had goosed them a little bigger (then Sam even larger because he is Gigantor). I'd say watch the clothes though. Particularly the trench coat size since it is made to go over a suit underneath. The Highlander trench coat in particular is ridiculously huge on a HT body. Look at those arms!

sup012.jpg

sup024.jpg

roadtrip666001.jpg

roadtrip666006.jpg

roadtrip666005.jpg

roadtrip666008.jpg

roadtrip666024.jpg

Last edited:

Definitly the coat which is a bit on the large side. I'm sure it will look awsome with the saturday toys rain coat :)

casondragonbody.jpg

Dude, the Cas head is Dragon sized!

casplusothers.jpg

Castiel head size in comparison to Hot Toys, DID, and Big Chief. I'm holding the Big Chief out to the side, but at as close to the same level as the others as I can get, to compensate for its extra long neck.

It's all about perception. You could put two identical sculpts next to each other, and still find that one appears larger or smaller than the other. Or maybe that's just me.

regardless of the sizes (which look fine to me) all of these sculptures look freaking amzing! well done guys

Hope we see new updated painted headsculpts :) just to have smething to look forward to while we wait.

it would be awsome if someone made kits for the impalla id love to get one with a radio that plays "carry on my wayward son".
Im sure id save my pennies to buy that.

Re: WGP's SUPERNATURAL Castiel and Bobby interest thread

WAVE TWO?

CROWLEY
the vampire with soul
SamuelJD
DaSaru
Jables316

JOHN WINCHESTER
Jables316
ShadowX81
Kross
ifrack

YELLOW EYED DEMON
Batfan08
Kross

ELLEN

JO
Knucklefunger
ifrack

ALLISTAIR
DaSaru
Cross

AZAEZAL
Kross

I think John winchester, grandpa sam, yellow eyes demon, alestair crowley, and lucifer would make an excellent wave 2. Hopefully when people see my Mary winchester she and ellen will be on wave 3.

Back