What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weren't there only like four new reveals? Pretty sure we've known about or seen everything else.

I was speaking more broadly than SW. BTTF, Marvel, DC etc. they rolled out a lot of new unseen characters some known other not so much.

I think it was pretty big showing for them

Ok so if Luke and Anakin aren't the next DX, I wonder what it will be? No guarantee it's Star Wars but that would be my guess.

Even Tarkin is debatable as he's been teased prior to the event.

Well, one day prior.

Tarkin would have been panic-inducing if there was just that blurry first photo followed by all the speculation. I'm not sure why they think those previews are good though. News from the floor seems so much more exciting.

Ok so if Luke and Anakin aren't the next DX, I wonder what it will be? No guarantee it's Star Wars but that would be my guess.

Starting to seem like the Emperor could be, with no painted eyes. But it's sort of a weird character to do that with. I guess ROTJ Vader if its Star Wars?

What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Starting to seem like the Emperor could be, with no painted eyes. But it's sort of a weird character to do that with. I guess ROTJ Vader if its Star Wars?

Vader seems like a likely candidate I agree. Two head sculpts: one helmet and one with Anakin reveal. DX type large base. Also would really like two capes: one regular and one wired. Plus a nice variety of extra hands and light-up saver arm.

But the fact that they're doing the Emperor's throne makes me think it could be him as well. Seems like a weird choice to me as well, as he's not as popular as Vader.

Are we going to see the new Vader at this show? Doesn't look promising.

He won't be at the Asian Show... because that's all about the Baze. 'Bout da Baze. 'Bout dat Baze..

That's true. I wonder how that would work?

I was lucky enough to get a set of gloves (and a cape and tunic)... and that's all I got from RO Vader. I feel like a lot of people bought it as a stand-in for ESB Vader. $240 stand-in...?

I'd take it!

People bought RO Vader then HT unleashes the Super DX ROTJ Vader with removable 3part helmet and! :lol

You would see heretofore beloved RO Vaders hitting ebay so frickin' fast.

The eventual ROTJ Vader would be the 5th time I'd have upgraded him in a 10 year span. Not the worst actually when I look at my latest CW Cap and Iron Man and realize that I've "upgraded" both of them at least 7 times already each. Oh well:lol

Only $225 for me from popcultcha but I still need him to go in Joost's tantive dio.

I got two of the Death Star backgrounds, so I'm not sure what to put in the Tantive background if I decide to get that. Too scared to have the Tama 3PO fall over in the detolf. I have tons of Death Star characters, but the only figures that work in the Tantive are 3PO/R2, and Vader and the Stormtroopers, but I'm not sure the white on white will look that great. So might just be 3PO/R2 and Vader.

And Leia.

And Yoda with Obi-Wan from ROTS.

And Vader and Rebels from RO.

How are the DS backgrounds in the detolf? Are they the budget or tru-something?

Oh yeah, Leia--but goes back to the white on white problem. The stormtroopers look pretty amazing against the dark DS backdrops. I went for the budget (detolf) versions. Budget is a very relative term.

Yeah, $150 is a lot for a backdrop.

I really want that $350 swing-bridge doorway for Leia and Luke. That looks amazing. But the cost... and since I moved I actually have no where to put it on a wall. Had the best place at my old place.

I got two of the Death Star backgrounds, so I'm not sure what to put in the Tantive background if I decide to get that. Too scared to have the Tama 3PO fall over in the detolf. I have tons of Death Star characters, but the only figures that work in the Tantive are 3PO/R2, and Vader and the Stormtroopers, but I'm not sure the white on white will look that great. So might just be 3PO/R2 and Vader.

Yeah I don't want to break up my ANH setup with vader and stormie squad so I'll probably just put RO Vader in there by himself as a semi permanent display. The dio looks so cool that I don't want to obstruct all the detail. I'm sure that I will rotate some of the other mentioned characters though. I also ordered the service corridor to go with it but don't have any DS stuff yet.

Back