What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's metal, but it's crappy metal. All wavy n crap, and doesn't fit very well into the handle. Looks nice from a distance, but up close you can tell it was rushed.

Thinking about tracking down one of those samurai sword letter openers and taking it apart to use the blade for DP here.

The-Milk-Bar-Justin-Reed-332261.jpg

The-First-Rule-Justin-Reed-final.jpg

Yeah, it's metal, but it's crappy metal. All wavy n crap, and doesn't fit very well into the handle. Looks nice from a distance, but up close you can tell it was rushed.

Thinking about tracking down one of those samurai sword letter openers and taking it apart to use the blade for DP here.

Oh man , that's a good idea, does it seem easy to swap out the bad sword?

No peg either huh? That sort of bothers me as well but I heard that i't well balance....

Oh man , that's a good idea, does it seem easy to swap out the bad sword?

No peg either huh? That sort of bothers me as well but I heard that i't well balance....

Yep, sword is easy to swap. It just has a tiny shank that fits in a slot in the handle (it comes dissasembled, had to basically tear the box apart to find it :lol )

The no peg isn't an issue with this one, he is perfectly balanced. Hell, he's probably more stable than some of my "pegged" statues. :monkey5

Yep, sword is easy to swap. It just has a tiny shank that fits in a slot in the handle (it comes dissasembled, had to basically tear the box apart to find it :lol )

The no peg isn't an issue with this one, he is perfectly balanced. Hell, he's probably more stable than some of my "pegged" statues. :monkey5

That is good to hear, I might pick one up before it's all said and done. You got urs directly from FBS correct?

Got this big fella today -- the Attakus Jabba the Hutt. The Sideshow Jabba is the most accurate Jabba sculpt ever, but I really think this one has a lot of personality. He's also huge, at 15.5" tall by 24" wide.

attakus_jabba1.jpg

attakus_jabba2.jpg

He looks really cool... any images next to something to give a sense of scale?

^^^ Those prints are very cool! If we just had a bigger place, I'd get into stuff like that.

That is good to hear, I might pick one up before it's all said and done. You got urs directly from FBS correct?

Yep - direct from FBS. Edition #5 of 50 baby! :maul

It is a great piece, but does have some sloppy paint in spots along with the cheesy sword. You don't really notice any of that unless you're viewing it right up close though. Overall I'm happy I got one for the price I paid :snake

He looks really cool... any images next to something to give a sense of scale?

Well, here's one with the Sideshow Boushh.

attakus_jabba_size.jpg

I also have these photos comparing the "big four" Jabbas.

jabba_roll_call2.jpg

And this one of all of my Jabba figures and statues (except the Gentle Giant one since it wouldn't fit on the table). You can click that one for a bigger size.

Got another 'Holy Grail', and I'm probably done chasing early-release HT's for 2009:

Hot Toys Rambo: First Blood Part II - John J. Rambo

379933156.jpg

379933159.jpg

379933161.jpg

379933162.jpg

379933164.jpg

Thanks to bro Richard (chikitits of PinoyToyKolektors forum).
Good luck to everyone's Christmas toy-shopping, and thanks for looking! 8)

Back