Which Movie did you Like Better AVP or AVP-R?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like either AVP/R or Both?

• AVP

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • AVP-R

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Liked them Both

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Did Not like Either of them

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Easy choice for me. I hated them both.
Those movies totally ruined what the Alien and the Predator so mythical.
nuff said:monkey4:monkey1

I must be one of the few who really enjoyed AVP. AVP-R was watchable with a few fun moments, but was generally some way behind the first.

Say what you will about Paul Anderson - he had his own vision and tried very hard to produce something that actually added to the series, rather than reheating what had been served up before.

By contrast, the Strause Bros' film works best when it's shamelessly copying the best moments of the preceding films. Fun but seriously lacking. Plus, the Strauses appear to come from the 'gore over plot' school of filmmaking. Now, while the Alien and Predator films had a lot of gruesome moments, they were always there to develop the stories. The Strauses just seemed to be out for pointless shocks, and that more than anything else left a bad taste in my mouth.

i still hate AvP. as bad a film i think AvP-R is, it still can't match the sillyness of the first film.

the saving grace of AvP-R is the wicked predator design, and slick battle scenes. the way the beasts moved and the way the fights were choreographed made it rather convincing... the way the predator stuck one alien with his blades and blew another with his pistol with the other hand was just too cool.

whereas everything looked very comical in AvP. there was absolutely no tension or sense of urgency... i was either laughing at the hulking predators and their mannerisms or waiting for the movie to end. at least in AvP-R, i could afford to wait for the next fight to begin.

AvP's music was atrocious as well... again, a little too comical. sounded as though it was mocking us for being fed the stupidity in the film. the only thing better in AvP was the cinematography. it looked absolutely A-class whereas AvP-R just felt like a B-grade. i'm surprised that with a visual effects background, the Strause brothers managed to make the film look like crap...

AvP-R is far from being a good movie, but it had its visceral bits, and i found it far more entertaining than the first film. worth a rewatch just for the battle scenes, and the girl's butt. but i'll never touch AvP again... absolutely no entertainment factor for me

And Alien: Resurrection was the worst of all the Alien, Predator and AvP genre....a real suckfest. :rotfl

i'm perhaps one of the few who appreciates Resurrection. sure, it may be a departure from the spirit of its predecessors, but it had such great style, visuals and acting to a certain extent, i thought it was rather unique...

I thought this Poll may of been a blowout for AVP-R at the beginning of the poll now it appears AVP and AVP-R are Marginally apart

I like all the alien and predator movies, the wolf predator rules !and as far as aliens, aliens alien Queen rules !

I liked Ressurection a lot too.

I also liked Alien Resurrection the only gripes had with the film was the Alien spitting Acid from its mouth and how the Alien Newborn jumped onto the Ship as the Queen did from Aliens that part just seemed too copy and pasted however I liked the rest of the movie

i liked alien resurrection as well... I thought the alienized ripley sucked, but i like the new aliens with some human characteristics like screwing eachother and bullet dodging...

As for avp, i thought it was fun, except the action sucked... As for avpr, it got everything we missed in avp1 like awsome killing action... But thats exactly all avpr had, it filled everything avp1 didn't have, but didn't have anything i liked in avp1, like a plot/story background and a good ending.
Avpr felt like a game mod that just attempted fixing up and extending a game that would've been good, but would die on its own, n ended up having to release seperately.

In the end i promised myself to never watch another low budget avp movie again.

Alien resurrection was awesome , it is totally underrated.
I really don't understand how some people prefer the avp movies.
I don't think an alien movie can go wrong as long as Ripley is in it.
Thats another reason I don't think a 5th movie should be made , apparently she doesn't want to be involved after ++++ty avp.
And yeah , your completely right. There is no way an avp movie can be made on a budget.

you cannot make an AVP film with a low budget but thats just my opinion

IIRC, AVP had about a $60M budget and AVP-R had just under $30M. Rather frightening if either of those sums could be considered 'low budget'...

Actually, I think you could do a good, relatively low-budget AVP piece if it was animated - much in the same way that Terminator is doing.

Both are kind of meh. I chose AVPR since the creatures look much better then AVP. Either movie has pros and cons, although AVPR had better creatures and was a bit more frightening, it had uninteresting young human character subplots and mostly bad actors. The AVP humans weren't much better, but at least a few of them could act and were older.

Alien resurrection was awesome , it is totally underrated.
I really don't understand how some people prefer the avp movies.
I don't think an alien movie can go wrong as long as Ripley is in it.
Thats another reason I don't think a 5th movie should be made , apparently she doesn't want to be involved after ++++ty avp.
And yeah , your completely right. There is no way an avp movie can be made on a budget.

Ok, Now thats way out there....I can understand if you like it and enjoy watching it....but awesome? Come on. That stupid looking hybrid is just the start with that flick. If that's awesome AVPR deserves an Academy! Underrated? Maybe in your book, but your few and far between on that one. And after that movie I can understand why Sigourney Weaver doesn't want to do another. Believe me... I can appreciate your opinion but that's just nuts! Awesome?.....jeeeesh!

Well said gofourindian, and if anything, Ripley won't do another movie because the hybrid made that series hit rock bottom.
and she's probably waiting to get a part in the next AvP movie :p

Back