Who's ordered Ilum Padme so far???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is considered popular, orders or views? The fact that a ton of people are talking about this will cause way more views I think.

I would guess that it would be amount of orders within a certain period of time--- constantly changing the order (top ten) according to when a new check of orders takes place (every week?)---- But then that's just a guess.:D

What is considered popular, orders or views? The fact that a ton of people are talking about this will cause way more views I think.

I would guess that it would be amount of orders within a certain period of time--- constantly changing the order (top ten) according to when a new check of orders takes place (every week?)---- But then that's just a guess.:D

DarthNeil,
Do you think its "I would guess that it would be amount of orders within a certain period of time--- constantly changing the order (top ten) according to when a new check of orders takes place (every week?)"?

:D:D:D

All those whiners better not have voted for her in that stupid poll. We could have gotten an awesome Royal Guard figure, but NOOOO, people wanted Padme. :monkey4

I still think she looks fantastic for what she is. Looks just like Portman (from V for Vendetta no less :lol). Her outfit (despite a bit shiny) looks just like the one in the Clone Wars. I don't see what people can complain about. She looks awesome in person. :confused: Would not have been my first choice for Padme, but it at least is done well.

I think it's actually based on orders. Crazy, huh?

If it's based on orders then there must be alot more freakier Star Wars freaks out there than I thought. Dang them and their calloused collectible palate. They'll gobble up anything SW related even if it's looks like this.

All those whiners better not have voted for her in that stupid poll. We could have gotten an awesome Royal Guard figure, but NOOOO, people wanted Padme. :monkey4..

The vote was before my time but I feel the need to :thwak all y'all who voted for her instead of a royal guard fig.

If they had actually listed "Sweet Headsculpt Padme with Dreadful Looking Body and Ill-Fitted Illum Costume" on the poll I'm sure more than a few people would have voted differently....

;)

:lol:lol:lol

I love the Royal Guards. They're one of my favorite designs from the whole saga. But why would I vote for them in an EU poll? We're going to get them eventually. That poll was, to my way of thinking, a chance to get a more obscure or less likely character made.

This will be the first SW 1:6 I haven't ordered. I just can't get into it. Everytime I see pics of it, it just looks so awkward....

Strange they still haven't announced an edition size... yet she's sold out?!? Hmmm... I smell a conspiracy!!!

It is highly likely that I will cancel this one. I have room for figures that fit into the Jabba's Palace display and figures that hold a lightsaber and go on the Jedi/Sith shelf. This Padme does not belong with either group--a Geonosis arena Padme would fit in with the prequel Jedi characters, but the Snow Bunny outfit means she doesn't belong alongside any other existing release in the 12" line.

I am also not quite 100% sold on the transition from animated to real life with this representation of the character. I received the Asajj figure today and that is one that translates well into this line, but the Padme is not quite as successful. If I had my collection arranged differently I would keep it, since this is the only version available of one of the leads of the prequel trilogy--but as it is I don't think there will be a place for her in my current setup.

I ordered her...and I agree Tom, I'm not entirely sold on the "transition" from animated to "real life" myself, but Sideshow has surprised us with end results before so we'll see.

Besides, regulars here know how much I enjoy snapping shots of these figures in the snow once winter hits up here and hey! Is there a more appropraite "winter wonderland" looking figure out or forthcoming in this line? :) (That is until Sideshow does some Hoth-inspired characters...)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this figure develops from proto to production...

Tom, I think you make a good point in highlight the Asajj and Padme transitions. Asajj's outfit design was typical Star Wars basically, so to make that in a realistic manner is quite easily executed, but Padme's snow outfit is very cartoony by nature. If you compare it to the Hoth outfits, it's a very impractical outfit which at heart, was done just to make Padme sexy even in snow, but to translate that fashion into something believable in the real world is a tough sell, it looks more like the impractical outfits of a fashion runway model that never see a store shelve than something someone would actually wear. That said, I think Sideshow is doing a fantastic job with the subject matter and I don't think any shortcomings are Sideshow failing with this character, it's the character design not lending itself to this medium that is the challenge. I think one of her senatorial outfits from the cartoon would have more easily translated.

Padme's snow outfit is very cartoony by nature. If you compare it to the Hoth outfits, it's a very impractical outfit which at heart, was done just to make Padme sexy even in snow

:lecture Very true, the maquette by GG looks great because its just transferring the 2D into 3D, but going the extra step into realism just doesn't work. Especially in the context of previous SW outfits.

Back