XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a huge fan of the Sosa Jim Lee head. So much of it is so well done but seeing it on Magneto's body, I haven't seen a picture yet that made me regret not picking it up.

Yeah it looks better off the statue. I love the one XM made and that's how i have mine displayed.

Ahhh, ok. I don't remember thinking that before, but it popped in my head after seeing that pic.

This portrait looks phenomenal. No one does a Jim Lee sculpt quite like Sosa. He just nails it. I LOVE my XM Mags but I truly LOVE the Koto Mags as well. It captures Lee's artwork perfectly. That all said, the original XM portrait is still my favorite for that statue. I just think it fits the piece the best. That doesn't take away from the lucky peeps that scored this new Sosa portrait. Anyone who was looking to give their XM Mags a Lee vibe definitely got their wish. It's an amazing head sculpt. Sosa and Kevin certainly nailed it. Those boys have some ridiculous talent.

Ahhh, ok. I don't remember thinking that before, but it popped in my head after seeing that pic.

Yeah, I (and others) definitely saw a likeness to Fassbender when in hand pics started popping up. So, you definitely aren't imagining things. I think the likeness adds a realistic feel to the piece. I think the portrait fits the piece perfectly.

Am I imagining a hint of Fassbender in the sculpt?

Yup. I think the original 3D sculpt has a more Fassbender-esque influence and they tweaked a bit. But still, there's something Fassbender in it. I have a man crush for Fassbender btw.

I have a man crush for Fassbender btw.

giphy.gif
:lol ;)

I can see Fassbender as well.

I have one of those Jim Lee heads on order. But christ, I don't even know where my Magneto is :panic:

Sorry man. I really hope you get that Magneto. I had full intentions to flip him when I got him, but I just can't dude. The piece is just too damn good and exceptionally unique. I've thought about and currently still thinking about ordering the Sosa custom for this, but after seeing how the included helmetless sculpt looks, it's so hard to wanna remove that one to place a different helmetless sculpt on. It's so realistically humanlike. I love the Sosa custom too, but the realistic features the included sculpt has are some of the best features on a sculpted portrait I've ever seen. Not only does it look just awesome in person, but it looks awesome in front of a great camera too (as Smooth Criminal's pics have proven).

Sorry man. I really hope you get that Magneto. I had full intentions to flip him when I got him, but I just can't dude. The piece is just too damn good and exceptionally unique. I've thought about and currently still thinking about ordering the Sosa custom for this, but after seeing how the included helmetless sculpt looks, it's so hard to wanna remove that one to place a different helmetless sculpt on. It's so realistically humanlike. I love the Sosa custom too, but the realistic features the included sculpt has are some of the best features on a sculpted portrait I've ever seen. Not only does it look just awesome in person, but it looks awesome in front of a great camera too (as Smooth Criminal's pics have proven).

Truth! :lecture

Magneto statue commands! That portrait looks like a scene from a movie.

Preach. :lecture

Beautiful pics. I'm going to have to cave in for a legit camera thanks to all the fantastic pics you guys post all year cuz the iPhone doesn't cut it. :lol

Yeah and so much better in person. It truly is amazing.

Saw this in person today from a cool md collector. He had a huge collection with many rare statues. Damn, this is the biggest statue and base I've ever seen. It's massive in size! the paint is flawless. The base is huge! About twice the size of ss largest bases. Just Wow! I didn't think XM was this good until I saw this in person. The quality and details is crazy good. So many details on XM stuff! Now I'm so late into the game and then finding out XM can't ship to us anymore. How is one to collect these things :gah: it's just about impossible now. The black widow XM was there as well. The best bw statue I've ever seen. XM is so awesome. Pics don't do thier stuff justice one bit. In person these statues are so insanely awesome. :clap

Saw this in person today from a cool md collector. He had a huge collection with many rare statues. Damn, this is the biggest statue and base I've ever seen. It's massive in size! the paint is flawless. The base is huge! About twice the size of ss largest bases. Just Wow! I didn't think XM was this good until I saw this in person. The quality and details is crazy good. So many details on XM stuff! Now I'm so late into the game and then finding out XM can't ship to us anymore. How is one to collect these things :gah: it's just about impossible now. The black widow XM was there as well. The best bw statue I've ever seen. XM is so awesome. Pics don't do thier stuff justice one bit. In person these statues are so insanely awesome. :clap

Well people say XM is awesome for about Lets see 1,5 years or 2 years i dont know how longs? And now you finally realize haha years behind but :goodpost:

Back