XM Studios Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forget we haven't yet seen the official base for this yet but you know it's going to be something special. Can't wait to see it now, hope it does get revealed soon

Guys the Thanos base concept design is out ....hope u guys like it...
He is standing on a pile of skulls hold by .......DEATH.

10646640_1449036788650349_5929224354523583954_n.jpg

It seems a bit crowded and it's hard to see Death's hand. Personally i think it makes Thanos look small since Death is normally depicted as a normal sized woman in relation to him. I would have liked the skulls with spikes like the picture flooting around better.

Guys the Thanos base concept design is out ....hope u guys like it...
He is standing on a pile of skulls hold by .......DEATH.

10646640_1449036788650349_5929224354523583954_n.jpg
hmmm...not sure if i like it
i'll wait till a 360 view is available before i decide

It's a nice concept. I'm sure XM will make it awesome. I like that it looks like different races of aliens are used in the base.

Would Disney/Marvel still have to greenlight the base if those were the skulls of Avengers and GOG members? :horror That would be epic, but maybe a little too graphic for a family friendly company. I love the base! It's simple, but it would absolutely pop with highly detailed skulls and Death's grip.

Would Disney/Marvel still have to greenlight the base if those were the skulls of Avengers and GOG members? :horror That would be epic, but maybe a little too graphic for a family friendly company. I love the base! It's simple, but it would absolutely pop with highly detailed skulls and Death's grip.

That was the original concept but sadly they didn't allowed it.

the base has too much going on imho - less is more sometimes...

Judging by the concept art I tend to agree the base is too busy. That being said, the base of Magneto is pretty busy and that turned out stellar. Also, I'd like to see this against a dark background, seeing the white bones against a white backdrop is pretty bad.

I have faith it'll turn out awesome when sculpted and painted. This is my next XM PO so the 17th needs to hurry up and get here.

That was the original concept but sadly they didn't allowed it.

That's too bad.

As for the base, I think we have to keep in mind how heavy it will be to ship out if it is too big. So XM may have to go with something smaller with less of a footprint since Thanos himself is kinda big.

Back