►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jkno's collection

... But I'm pretty sure that our friend Al will prefer this one:

sexy_tie_pilot_by_nomanor-d3h3c17.jpg

It's weird: I do not know why but I feel like I put some oil on the fire...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The Force is Strong with this one, I want to go to the Dark Side and start at the South End :naughty Damn't there I go again typing out Loud :wink1: :)

Thanks Baloo, your too Kind and Burn Baby Burn :goodpost:

Great Artwork Sergiu, Very Impressive

Just join deviantart site guys and you'll see lots of cool photos ;) Including hot babes :D

Great update, nice photos and artwork!, congrats my friend

Magic! (ILM :wink1:)... Sergiu tell me, the photos that you send to be autographed, are they some scans that you print on your inkjet printer in photo quality mode? Where can I get them? :panic:

I take this opportunity to wish you have a good weekend my friend!

Great update, nice photos and artwork!, congrats my friend

Thanks buddy! :hi5:

Magic! (ILM :wink1:)... Sergiu tell me, the photos that you send to be autographed, are they some scans that you print on your inkjet printer in photo quality mode? Where can I get them? :panic:

I take this opportunity to wish you have a good weekend my friend!

Thanks a lot my friend. The photos are usually printed at a studio next to me on good photo paper. Sometimes I go to Official Pix and get some from them. If you want a specific photo just let me know. Though the autograph business is rewarding there is also hit and miss. There are celebrities who are excellent TTM signers (trough the mail), but others you have to pay to get them. And some get lost in the mail alas.

Sweet!!!!!!

Thank you :duff

My second Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster arrived - in this case it was loose and with a missing small screw that I had to replace (barely noticeable if someone isn't told about this). But the price was excellent and had no other problems, excepting the missing screw and some minor scratches - will be perfect for my SDS Stormie:

img7404b.jpg

comparisonmrstormtroope.jpg

Thanks Colossus and Jay :duff The MR blaster is heavy like a real weapon, being made of metal with some plastic and resin parts. But most of it is metal, and since I had to replace a small top screw I really saw that. I feel for the 501st who go trooping with this heavy baby. I'll take a comparison shot with the SDS E-11 blaster as soon as that arrives.

The original Master Replicas review of this blaster:

Prop Replica Details:

• Official reproduction of the "E-11" blaster rifles used by the Stormtroopers throughout the original Star Wars: A New Hope.
• The original prop was modeled after a 1950's British submachine gun.
• Our replica is made of metal with ABS parts and detailing and weighs almost 30 pounds.
• Comes with a custom display case, numbered plaque, plaque stand, and certificate of authenticity.
• Approximate dimensions: 21" L x 6" W x 9" H
• Limited Edition of 3,500 pcs.
• Carefully recreated from original archival materials and fully authorized and endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd.
• This museum quality replica has a blaze orange plug set inside the barrel.

The prop makers modified the military version of a 1950’s British submachine gun to create this blaster prop. To create this fearsome weapon, the prop-makers modified the gun by adding plastic “T-track” to cover the barrel vent holes. A metal strip was bent into shape and attached to the top of the receiver in order to attach a WWII tank azimuth scope. The original 32 round magazine for the submachine gun was shortened to hold three rounds.

While many different resin stunt Stormtrooper blasters were used during filming, Master Replicas has recreated the metal hero version based upon the blank-firing submachine gun as used in A New Hope. With its heavy, steel construction, our replica weighs almost as much as the actual prop.

Master Replicas takes great pride in presenting this most sought-after prop replica. We hope that you’ll enjoy our interpretation of this iconic weapon.

There were at least 8 variations on the Stormtrooper blaster seen in ANH (and throughout the original trilogy). Almost all of these variants of the Stormtrooper blaster were constructed using British Sterling Mk4/L2A3 submachine guns as the basis, and the differences are around the scopes, use of wires, and other various bits and pieces that were used to modify the prop. In some cases for variations where original Sterlings were not the basis of the prop, MGC (Model Gun Corporation) Sterling replicas were used instead.

Sergiu, you are a real living encyclopedia of SW! :clap
Thank you for this because that's always with the same pleasure that I discover new anecdotes, thanks to you! :hi5:

TE 2 Stormtrooper ANH Stunt helmet (bumpy cap - movie accurate):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HU5jvPEqso

From FISD:
Type: TE2
Helmet: HIPS, ANH derived
Availability: Very limited. Only produced set numbers in runs.
Comments: Helmet is considered the most screen accurate available, though some don't like the bumpy cap and back.

te2stormtrooperstunthel.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks guys! :duff

Many of the fan made Star Wars helmets and props are way more accurate than the licensed ones. But also many collectors are afraid of fan made replicas even if they were cast from original SW molds. People are more interested in shiny plaques, nice looking COAs, acrylic display cases than the props themselves. There are some fan made props that have direct lineage to original props, being cast from the prop itself.

There are times when original props look like hell, with all the warps, bumps and bad paint apps. And so many times licensed items are cleaned up completely making them idealized. I recall the MR/eFX LE helmet (or even the MR Stormtrooper blaster). MR/eFX LE TK lid is less accurate than fan made prop replicas out there like TE2, Gino, SDS, SiM or CfO.

Someone who ordered the eFX Vader Legend helmet just told me he doesn't like the movie accurate bumpy cap on the TE2 Stormtrooper helmet. Does he know the Vader helmet he is getting will look far worse than this bucket? LOL :wink1:

And sometimes all this goes for non-SW collectibles as well...

Yep, that's existential question: knowing whether the glass is half empty or half full instead? :cuckoo:

16-OCTOBRE.jpg

Question of mentality: everyone sees things in his own expectations, fears and feelings.

:lecture ... But the fact remains that the more I come again and again on your thread, and the more the desire to invite myself at the lair of the son of Dracula gnaws me...
Damn, I am bewitched! :panic:

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. (Marie Curie) ;)

As for you coming here, I'll welcome you my friend :)

Back