►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jkno's Imperial collection from Transylvania

I am no expert or trained either in props. But for me the cool factor works just fine and this is very cool. Congrats Sergiu
23lo1vr.gif

Been putting in some real thought into getting a Stormtrooper blaster tat, Sergiu... Looking at your collection does not help. :lol

Not a fan of SW. If you dont mention the changes, i wouldn't know. Great job as usual.

Thank you so much Sarvesh, Flosi and GW. :duff

I'm not a comic collector for example, but like you guys I enjoy watching all the variate collections here. :hi5: It always shows a bit of the soul of the collectors when watching the displays, and the heart they put in their collection. That is what I like to see, a collector looking and hunting for an elusive item, some collectible they want in their collection bad and they try their best to find it against all odds. :) The same way I go for accuracy here.

Indeed I'm trying to make this blaster as accurate as possible. That means using real parts for it or at least as close as possible when real parts are not available. For now I managed to get real vintage WW2 M-38 and M-40 tank scopes, genuine Eagle Hengstler, accurate T-tracks on the barrel, and quite accurate cylinders with a trio of real capacitors between.

Can say that I really enjoyed hunting for these "greeblies" and real parts, and upgrading this blaster, to try making it the ultimate out there. Comparing it to the licensed Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster, I can realize how pristine but bare and idealized the MR looks like vs. mine, which is almost like a screen used one.

I'm not a comic collector for example, but like you guys I enjoy watching all the variate collections here. :hi5: It always shows a bit of the soul of the collectors when watching the displays, and the heart they put in their collection. That is what I like to see, a collector looking and hunting for an elusive item, some collectible they want in their collection bad and they try their best to find it against all odds. :) The same way I go for accuracy here.

Indeed I'm trying to make this blaster as accurate as possible. That means using real parts for it or at least as close as possible when real parts are not available. For now I managed to get real vintage WW2 M-38 and M-40 tank scopes, genuine Eagle Hengstler, accurate T-tracks on the barrel, and quite accurate cylinders with a trio of real capacitors between.

Can say that I really enjoyed hunting for these "greeblies" and real parts, and upgrading this blaster, to try making it the ultimate out there. Comparing it to the licensed Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster, I can realize how pristine but bare and idealized the MR looks like vs. mine, which is almost like a screen used one.

Very well said Sergiu. The only word that describes our freakish individual hobbies best is "Passion". And according to me that is what it all comes down to.
23lo1vr.gif

It's been a lot of fun watching you gather the parts to upgrade your blaster, Sergiu. Educational too (from a SW POV). :hi5:

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Very great my friend ;)

:hi5:

Very well said Sergiu. The only word that describes our freakish individual hobbies best is "Passion". And according to me that is what it all comes down to.
23lo1vr.gif

:exactly:

It's been a lot of fun watching you gather the parts to upgrade your blaster, Sergiu. Educational too (from a SW POV). :hi5:

Thanks a lot Rich! :wave

:bow

For the real prop collectors, I replaced the M-40 scope with the newly arrived M-38 scope, not a big difference, but to the trained eye there is a significant one. Another step to accuracy will be upgrading the cylinders even more very soon.

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

jkno, you are a monster! that looks amazing!!!!!:horror

jkno, you are a monster! that looks amazing!!!!!:horror

Extreme dedication jkno. Very cool, sir!!!

Many thanks AV and King! :duff

And it is still not finished. I'm going to have a wide scope rail, it seems in the movies were 2 types: a 10 mm wide version (the one I have now) and a 16 mm wide one. Plus maybe getting another set of cylinders with a bit of difference. :D

Wow, great stuff!

Hard to say which one I like more, between the MR At-At Walker and the Life Size Storm Trooper Suit!

I think, I would have to vote for the Storm Trooper! The Storm Trooper Helmets look amazing, and give the whole collection a touch of class!

Wow, great stuff!

Hard to say which one I like more, between the MR At-At Walker and the Life Size Storm Trooper Suit!

I think, I would have to vote for the Storm Trooper! The Storm Trooper Helmets look amazing, and give the whole collection a touch of class!

Thank you very much for the kind words Alex! :duff

For the real prop collectors, I replaced the M-40 scope with the newly arrived M-38 scope, not a big difference, but to the trained eye there is a significant one. Another step to accuracy will be upgrading the cylinders even more very soon.

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

'WOW!' to all the details that you are doing to this piece! It just keeps getting better and better! :hi5:

'WOW!' to all the details that you are doing to this piece! It just keeps getting better and better! :hi5:

Thank a lot FB! :duff

I like that here on SSF people appreciate every detail on the collectibles other members get, even if they don't collect them. There are some replica forums where there are many so called "prop collectors", who don't even care about the accuracy of a prop, swallowing everything certain licensed companies tell them. Thanks again SSF members, you are always GREAT! :bow

What a great collection you have neighbor! Easily one of the best I've seen! :clap

Cheers
Richard

A Sterling Submachine Gun 9mm trophy I received as present from a good friend. This Sterling trophy is 23 cm long and 11 cm high and is made of resin and metal with a wooden base, and is dedicated to Sgt. R.J. Wingrove. As we know the Sterling Mk4/L2A3 was the base gun for the famous Stormtrooper blaster.

sterlingsmgtrophy01.jpg

sterlingsmgtrophy02.jpg

Back