►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jkno's Imperial collection from Transylvania

Absolutely love your collection! Easily one of the best on these boards :cool:

hey jkno, awesome collection as always of course, a buddy of mine just picked up a e11 blaster from MR and it is amazing in person, but it made me think of yours and how much better it must be!

cheers, just thought Id drop a line

hey jkno, awesome collection as always of course, a buddy of mine just picked up a e11 blaster from MR and it is amazing in person, but it made me think of yours and how much better it must be!

cheers, just thought Id drop a line

Thank you my friend for the kind words! :hi5:

I have the MR Stormtrooper blaster, till recently used to have two: one complete with everything and one loose (the loose one I sold). The MR is a very cool blaster, but in the end there is simply no comparison really.

A real Sterling professionally converted as Stormtrooper blaster is 100 times better or even more, and this is the real deal, considering this was the way they did it in SW back then as well. Plus you get some accurate greeblies that are missing on the MR and which add up so well to a sci-fi gun: Hengstler counter and cylinders.

And even the things that are present on the MR like T-tracks and the scope are not as good as the real deal. The T-tracks on the MR blaster are not too accurate, and the scope, despite it has that cool targeting system printed on it, is not like a genuine M-38, M-40 or M-19 which was the tank scope they used in SW.

oh and any updates on the elm studios bust, I heard that Bjorn was ill for awhile

Indeed, hopefully he feels better soon to be able to deliver :)

Marmit 1:6 Stormtrooper just arrived. It is a FANTASTIC figure! I think this is indeed among the most accurate scaled Stormtrooper collectibles, very close to the Gentle Giant mini-bust IMO. The Marmit looks like a guy dressed up as Stormtrooper, which is quite awesome.

The Marmit armor has the rivets on sides, the bicep armor even has the "thumb print" found on the original armors, and the E-11 blaster, though maybe not as sharp as Sideshow's, has its own accurate parts like an M-19 scope (Sideshow's has M-38/M-40 scope) and the cylinders. The old Marmit body is better than the floppy Sideshow version. The helmet is simply fantastic and there is NO comparison with the Sideshow version. Of course you need to assemble this Marmit kit yourself (I got mine in an unopened box) and thus you need minimal skills to do so.

Sideshow version has its own pros though: sturdier material for armor, better E-11 blaster, more accurate thermal detonator (with the metal clips), more accurate cloth belt, a better way to attach the shoulder bells, chest armor and and especially the drop boxes, leather holster, joints on the feet. But overall the Marmit is still way ahead the Sideshow Stormtrooper in so many ways.

Here are some pics of my TK:

marmitstormtrooper01.jpg

marmitstormtrooper03.jpg

marmitstormtrooper05.jpg

marmitstormtrooper06.jpg

marmitstormtrooper09.jpg

Congrats, got my Marmit stormie about a month back, followed shortly by the Tie fighter, these guys really have me thinking of selling the Sideshow versions

great looking trooper Jkno! i was so dissapointed with my sideshow trooper, the foot pegs wouldnt even hold the trooper up straight most of the time.

but the marmit is awesome looking! COngrats

nice pics my friend ;)

Nice new addition Sergiu. Congrats.
23lo1vr.gif

Here are some pics of my TK:

marmitstormtrooper01.jpg

marmitstormtrooper03.jpg

marmitstormtrooper05.jpg

marmitstormtrooper06.jpg

marmitstormtrooper09.jpg

That is so Cool, Great Score; Sergui[/QUOTE]

Congrats, got my Marmit stormie about a month back, followed shortly by the Tie fighter, these guys really have me thinking of selling the Sideshow versions

great looking trooper Jkno! i was so dissapointed with my sideshow trooper, the foot pegs wouldnt even hold the trooper up straight most of the time.

but the marmit is awesome looking! COngrats

Thanks guys! :bow

I wanted to upgrade one of my Sideshow Stormies with a better body, since the original Sideshow bodies suck big time being floppy as hell (genuine rag dolls which cannot stand up without the stand alas), but never got time to look for one, so I decided to sell those Sideshow Stormie Parts. :)

And comparing it to the old Marmit TK made me realize that Sideshow could have done it so much better with little effort, something a dead company managed to do more than a decade ago.

Back