☆☆☆ Pimpin My Shelves® ☆☆☆ 〖Update - Page 258〗

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆☆☆ Pimpin My Shelves® ☆☆☆ 〖Update - Page 172〗

I so Enjoy coming in here Sarvesh and Never Disappointed, Great Spidey Pic's and Display, Great Post my Friend

I so Enjoy coming in here Sarvesh and Never Disappointed, Great Spidey Pic's and Display, Great Post my Friend

Thanks a lot Al. Glad to hear that you enjoy visiting my thread.
23lo1vr.gif

is EB Batman Worth getting??

love the way everything is set up really well done

No she isn't. Why do you think I am excited? This will be the first unboxing after a long time. My Avengers setup is already there and I just need to add her in that display. After which I the only missing character will be the HULK. And when that comes... I AM SCREWED. Because then I have to think of completely changing my current avengers setup due to space constraints... :gah:

:lol Good to know.
You need to figure out something. Can you dedicate a new room? extend a room or a wall for more shelving?
Get a new home? :lol
Or get rid of the items you don't love to make way for more.

No one's yawning :)
And speaking of getting rid of items if you ever wanna let go of Spidey :stick

:lol Good to know.
You need to figure out something. Can you dedicate a new room? extend a room or a wall for more shelving?
Get a new home? :lol
Or get rid of the items you don't love to make way for more.

No one's yawning :)
And speaking of getting rid of items if you ever wanna let go of Spidey :stick

I am already making up my mind to make some tough decisions. Thinking of selling off all my Hot Toys collection. I know it sounds crazy but seriously have to make a call sooner or later. :(

Thanks for not getting bored Mel. :)

And what made you think that I wanna let go of Spidey huh?? :lol:lol

BTW you bought a Spidey for your collection sometime last year right? Or am I just getting old...

Ditch the Hot Toys.
Toys are for boys and PF, Comiquettes and Maquettes are for men. :horror :lol
There, I said it!

Your call sarv.
Seriously I could never drop the cash HT go for but I can understand the people who do. The detail and extras you get are pretty cool.
Personally I love polystone, size and weight.

Your call sarv.
Seriously I could never drop the cash HT go for but I can understand the people who do. The detail and extras you get are pretty cool.

I agree. I have not made any HT purchases for almost 6 months now. No doubt HT is cool but I do prefer 1/4th scale over 1/6th. And suddenly the HT 1/6th prices are almost same or more than some of the PFs out there. I remember HT used to cost not more than $250 before but now I can't really justify the recent pricing on them.

Ditch the Hot Toys.
Toys are for boys and PF, Comiquettes and Maquettes are for men. :horror :lol
There, I said it!

PF, Comiquettes and Maquettes statues are very cool in my opinion its a museum piece.
but hot toys and other 1/6 scales like threeA and such
offer possibility for posing, and personally art of posing its whole another level mate, takes lot creativity to do great pose. but its just my opinion.

PF, Comiquettes and Maquettes statues are very cool in my opinion its a museum piece.
offer possibility for posing, and personally art of posing its whole another level mate, takes lot creativity to do great pose. but its just my opinion.

Agree with what you say as well mate. But my issue with posing figures is that they never satisfy me no matter how much perfect pose I get on them. Makes me restless but that is just me. :monkey1

PFs I find them much easier to setup and be satisfied. Guess I am bit lazy too. :monkey3

Agree with what you say as well mate. But my issue with posing figures is that they never satisfy me no matter how much perfect pose I get on them. Makes me restless but that is just me. :monkey1

PFs I find them much easier to setup and be satisfied. Guess I am bit lazy too. :monkey3

Your call sarv.

Interesting points guys and one which i too had to come to terms with for my collection. Throughout my first year of collecting i noticed that i'd unintentionally begun to vary my collections due to so many awesome looking pieces...for example my aim was to stick with mainly collecting PF's and Maquettes due to them having a fantastically proportioned size with good weight and the added bonus of mixed media to give it that museum quality....but i found myself drawn to the incredible details and superb likenesses of certain 1/6 HT figures, notably the Christopher Reeves Superman figure and the Keaton 1989 Batman to mention a few. So from having 1/4 statues and 1/6 scale figures i then began to turn my attention to 1:1 busts and then came my Iron Man 1:2 LSF and before i knew it my collection was spiralling out of control. I'm glad to say that before Christmas i totally cleaned out my collection and have regained control of all the pieces i wanted for keeps and those which were impulse buys and therefore wished to let go. Its worked out fantastically for me as all the funds i have made from selling off over 8 or 9 PF's and various other peices will now go towards paying off my pre orders which is such a relief as i do have quite a bit. The point im trying to make is that there are just so many fantastic pieces in all various kind of scales that are just so appealing to each and every one of us and sometimes the fascination of having everything our hearts desire is just too much to take and we always cave in...i know i do!:slap However, i believe there is space for all different sized scales in any one collection. Its just a case of getting the display correct as for me personally i dont feel that 1/4 scale pieces do not display great next to say a 1/6 figure but thats just me. I'd rather keep my displays together in relation to its scale so i'd have all my 1/6 stuff or 1/4 stuff or 1:1 busts kept separate from each other...but i do believe its good to have diversity in your collections. I think for those who are torn between 1/6 and 1/4 you can now get some amazing 1/4 figures which could be even classed as a PF in some cases, as Sarv knows by his latest purchases of the Bats and Joker 1/4 figures and the new T-800 Battle Damaged Figure by Enterbay, these new figures have the best of both worlds with amazing likeness and posability plus having the 1/4 size! You cant lose imo :yess:

Last edited:

Interesting points guys and one which i too had to come to terms with for my collection. Throughout my first year of collecting i noticed that i'd unintentionally begun to vary my collections due to so many awesome looking pieces...for example my aim was to stick with mainly collecting PF's and Maquettes due to them having a fantastically proportioned size with good weight and the added bonus of mixed media to give it that museum quality....but i found myself drawn to the incredible details and superb likenesses of certain 1/6 HT figures, notably the Christopher Reeves Superman figure and the Keaton 1989 Batman to mention a few. So from having 1/4 statues and 1/6 scale figures i then began to turn my attention to 1:1 busts and then came my Iron Man 1:2 LSF and before i knew it my collection was spiralling out of control. I'm glad to say that before Christmas i totally cleaned out my collection and have regained control of all the pieces i wanted for keeps and those which were impulse buys and therefore wished to let go. Its worked out fantastically for me as all the funds i have made from selling off over 8 or 9 PF's and various other peices will now go towards paying off my pre orders which is such a relief as i do have quite a bit. The point im trying to make is that there are just so many fantastic pieces in all various kind of scales that are just so appealing to each and every one of us and sometimes the fascination of having everything our hearts desire is just too much to take and we always cave in...i know i do!:slap However, i believe there is space for all different sized scales in any one collection. Its just a case of getting the display correct as for me personally i dont feel that 1/4 scale pieces do not display great next to say a 1/6 figure but thats just me. I'd rather keep my displays together in relation to its scale so i'd have all my 1/6 stuff or 1/4 stuff or 1:1 busts kept separate from each other...but i do believe its good to have diversity in your collections. I think for those who are torn between 1/6 and 1/4 you can now get some amazing 1/4 figures which could be even classed as a PF in some cases, as Sarv knows by his latest purchases of the Bats and Joker 1/4 figures and the new T-800 Battle Damaged Figure by Enterbay, these new figures have the best of both worlds with amazing likeness and posability plus having the 1/4 size! You cant lose imo :yess:

Well said Roberto. Temptation is one major factor that these companies thrive on to lure buyers in. You see their promotional advertisements before the figure is launched and it just draws you in. And as you said we do fall for it at times. But that apart, the question now comes before going and making an impulse purchase of 1/6th figures is the price. Before it was fine to shell out a couple of hundreds for them. But now suddenly when you have to multiply that by 2, your mind starts questioning and comparing with the price that you pay for 1/4th scale. And for me that just does it. I prefer 1/4th scale any day over 1/6th. I agree space is a big issue when you decide to have large items in your collection but it is worth it even if you have to keep the numbers under control. And since EB has started producing 1/4th HD posable figures at a very reasonable price, is just fantastic. It makes it even easier to buy without having to think twice. When I saw their Battle Damage Terminator, it was as easy as 'Click...Click... Click... Thank you placing the order'.

Back