1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some discoloration on mine too. Maybe a little less extreme. Can see it's now much closer to the belt material's color lower down.
7A1BDD74-A7B7-4375-9FF6-ACB3F900D28E.jpeg

Doesn't even make sense for fabric to change color. It's not like something you constantly wash and it's fading. Even if it was in direct sunlight, colors fade not darken or change color.

This is truly an odd one. :dunno

Meanwhile, my Hasbro Biker Scout with speederbike set from 20+ years ago is as white as the day I bought it. Maybe I should swap the pouches... :lol

Doesn't even make sense for fabric to change color. It's not like something you constantly wash and it's fading. Even if it was in direct sunlight, colors fade not darken or change color.

This is truly an odd one. :dunno

Meanwhile, my Hasbro Biker Scout with speederbike set from 20+ years ago is as white as the day I bought it. Maybe I should swap the pouches... :lol
Doesn't that have some vinyl pouches? IIRC that is what mine had. No pleather there, no decay. :wacky

Mine is still sealed (lol).

But
I think its the foam they put in the pouches making them that colour
Good thinking. This is the best theory I can think of, but it doesn't explain why all of it is changing. I'd think it'd be more splotchy if it was the foam as it couldn't be in contact with all the spots at once.

Are they double thick? As in it's two layers of fabric glued together and then stitched to shape?

These were the pictures I noticed it on:

IMG_9497.png

IMG_9498.png

IMG_9499.png

Could of course just be the lighting and I don’t have this figure to check but made me curious based on the scout issue.

Back