Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered my damnation Leon. It ticks both resident evil and military figure boxes for me. Love the outfit and the customised AK rifle. Loved the figure and knew I wanted it as soon as I saw the pictures!

Ordered my damnation Leon. It ticks both resident evil and military figure boxes for me. Love the outfit and the customised AK rifle. Loved the figure and knew I wanted it as soon as I saw the pictures!
That might be exactly why its not for me. Aside from the headsculpt it just look like a generic soldier. I’ll probably get FOMO but decided it’s not for me.

If it came with a dioramabase or something zombie related.. severed bodyparts. Or something to make it more RE related in general like a typewriter, some kind of virus vial (havent seen this movie). Just something to make it worth while.

I’m not really looking for another generic soldier. I want it to scream Leon Kennedy. The RPD and RE4 fits are so iconic, this fit just looks like… mission fast and furious and the impossible die hard bourne soldier #13388. To me atleast. I could justify it at $200 but $250 for barebones figure with Damtoys paint quality is just not worth it.

If it came with a dioramabase or something zombie related.. severed bodyparts. Or something to make it more RE related in general like a typewriter, some kind of virus vial (havent seen this movie). Just something to make it worth while.

I’m not really looking for another generic soldier. I want it to scream Leon Kennedy. The RPD and RE4 fits are so iconic, this fit just looks like… mission fast and furious and the impossible die hard bourne soldier #13388. To me atleast. I could justify it at $200 but $250 for barebones figure with Damtoys paint quality is just not worth it.
Yea price is pretty high for what it is. Got only bc it’s Leon otherwise I’m not crazy about it.

I have wanted a Damnation Leon for awhile now, I never thought I’d see the day. The film is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine so I’m heavily biased towards this figure.

I’d recommend seeing the film before passing on this figure. The pre RE engine sculpt screams resident evil to me.

Having seen the film too many times, this figures comes with everything I want to the point I wouldn’t know what else to add unlike other figures where I find the accessories lacking.

Im curious, when you say the RPD and RE4 fits are iconic are you talking about the OG or the remake?? Don’t get me wrong I like both remake designs for Leon but I don’t see how they are anyless generic soldier dude?

The OG RE4 Leon had this cool almost Bond agent vibe, but the remake once he loses the jacket just looks like a generic Swat dude that left his helmet and vest in the car.

(Tho I was watching the SWAT TV show before the release of the Remake so I had that image in my head already)

Where does the merchant get all of his shop supplies before the island? He probably raided the police car after the opening and is selling all of Leon’s gear back to him

I have wanted a Damnation Leon for awhile now, I never thought I’d see the day. The film is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine so I’m heavily biased towards this figure.

I’d recommend seeing the film before passing on this figure. The pre RE engine sculpt screams resident evil to me.

Having seen the film too many times, this figures comes with everything I want to the point I wouldn’t know what else to add unlike other figures where I find the accessories lacking.

Im curious, when you say the RPD and RE4 fits are iconic are you talking about the OG or the remake?? Don’t get me wrong I like both remake designs for Leon but I don’t see how they are anyless generic soldier dude?

The OG RE4 Leon had this cool almost Bond agent vibe, but the remake once he loses the jacket just looks like a generic Swat dude that left his helmet and vest in the car.

(Tho I was watching the SWAT TV show before the release of the Remake so I had that image in my head already)
You have a point. To me the police uniform is just unique looking and I like that it says RPD. The blue color and all the little details like the handcuffs, radio etc. Make it stand out.

The RE4 outfit is pretty much the same as the original aside from the jacket being a little different. The leathercoat looks really badass and I like the harness and muscular arms without the jacket.

This outfit doesn’t really do it for me, there’s not really something about this outfit that catches my eye. Which is all very personal. It’s probably because i havent seen the movie so I have no attachment to it. The headsculpt does look good.

Gonna pass on it cause I already have 3 Leons. A fourth one would be a bit overkill.

You have a point. To me the police uniform is just unique looking and I like that it says RPD. The blue color and all the little details like the handcuffs, radio etc. Make it stand out.

The RE4 outfit is pretty much the same as the original aside from the jacket being a little different. The leathercoat looks really badass and I like the harness and muscular arms without the jacket.

This outfit doesn’t really do it for me, there’s not really something about this outfit that catches my eye. Which is all very personal. It’s probably because i havent seen the movie so I have no attachment to it. The headsculpt does look good.

Gonna pass on it cause I already have 3 Leons. A fourth one would be a bit overkill.
The RPD outfit is really cool, and totally works in the context of RE2R but I think the outfit itself is super generic but it’s the fact it’s Leon Kennedy and RE2 is what makes it iconic… and the fact it’s go to outfit for crossovers.

I like both the Remake and OG RE4 outfits but I massively disagree with “pretty much the same” I vastly prefer the OG, to me it feels very “Agent” very cool and almost kinda anime. It very much reminds me of James Bond and his personality in the OG matches this perfectly. His outfit/ look feels very complete and intentional.

IMG_7961.png

But for his RE4 Remake look, to me it’s the complete opposite. Feels more generic, more basic SWAT guy and a little more grounded and not as cool. His outfit feels incomplete. Like hes got a tactical vest, helmet and rifle stashed in the back of the car and plans to gear up when he reaches his destination but gets ambushed along the way before he can.

RE4R Leon would not look out of place with the basic SWAT guys shown bellow.

IMG_7960.png

I do agree that Damnation is the weaker of the outfits.

Is there any version of Leon that would tempt you into picking up a 4th??

Back