1/6 Hot Toys - CMS022/CMS022B Marvel Comics Doctor Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will definitely make an RDJ Doom. But we don't know what it will look like yet so impossible to say if it will be an improvement.

I don't forsee a diecast version but there is a possibility for a more comic accurate hono version down the road.
I think this is the reason why HT is getting this Doom out there now. They know the RDJ Doom is...inevitable and I foresee a possible [real] Doom further down.

I think this is the reason why HT is getting this Doom out there now. They know the RDJ Doom is...inevitable and I foresee a possible [real] Doom further down.
Yeah I agree that an RDJ Doom is certainly going to happen, NO way Hot Toys will miss the potential profits from such a figure.

I guess the real question is what will that figure ultimately look like? Hot Toys will be bound to the design used in the MCU. That’s why I was hoping to see a shot from the set or something of the RDJ costume design, but I guess Marvel will wait quite a while before they allow any “leaked” any images of RDJ as Doom.

Hey guys, looking to hear your opinions on this.

I have a modified (height, slight adjustments to arm and neck length) S Hero Doom that I am now happy with.

That said, I think this new HT Doom looks really cool, and overall I think it is superior in most respects to the S Herp version.

However, as a one figure per character collector I’m concerned about a couple things:

1) Is there going to a Hot Toys MCU Doom announced next year that blows this one away?

2) In a couple of years is Hot Toys likely to announce a die-cast version of this figure.

Are any of you guys concerned at all about the issues above, or am I being ridiculous?

Any of you think the S Hero version is better?

Thanks in advance
1) without a doubt

2) probably

3) not worried at all, we could all be dead waiting for the next 2.0. Buy what you like, enjoy it, sell it if needed, and buy the new one.

4) probably no chance the SHero will be better in a comparison

Yeah I agree that an RDJ Doom is certainly going to happen, NO way Hot Toys will miss the potential profits from such a figure.

I guess the real question is what will that figure ultimately look like? Hot Toys will be bound to the design used in the MCU. That’s why I was hoping to see a shot from the set or something of the RDJ costume design, but I guess Marvel will wait quite a while before they allow any “leaked” any images of RDJ as Doom.
Answer:
1000000675.jpg

Back