Hot Toys - CMS023 - 1/6th scale Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok,

The recent pictures and the preview above from Justin convinced me to get PO this figure. I ordered him from TimeWalker Toys for $387 and there is free shipping on this guy so it was an easy choice.

I already own the version from the second Venom film and I like it a lot, particularly after adding a great spider symbol to his torso

I thought that I wouldn’t need another representation of Venom in my collection, but this new version is better in just about every respect. I love how this new version doesn’t have the white veining and of course the spider symbols on his chest and back is fantastic. Also the headsculpts on the new figure are next level.

Finally I like the size of this new one, I had ordered the figure from the Spiderman 2 video game, but I canceled it months ago bk I thought it was just too big.

So I guess what I thought would be my one and only Venom figure will be replaced …in two years 😁
My hesitation is basically that there will be a future movie (good or bad) that will give us a comic looking venom that's also realisitc. I kinda don't like how the white symbol and eyes look painted on, almost like white-out. On the other hand, seeing yours with the veins isn't ideal either...

You're not worried there might be an announcement of a spidey vs venom movie in the near future? I guess you could just buy again. I think I'm going to wait it out as I do like my movie venom with the Tom Hardy split face.

My hesitation is basically that there will be a future movie (good or bad) that will give us a comic looking venom that's also realisitc. I kinda don't like how the white symbol and eyes look painted on, almost like white-out. On the other hand, seeing yours with the veins isn't ideal either...

You're not worried there might be an announcement of a spidey vs venom movie in the near future? I guess you could just buy again. I think I'm going to wait it out as I do like my movie venom with the Tom Hardy split face.
Yeah I hear you and I 100% understand the rationale for waiting, because if there is a Spiderman vs Venom movie HT will certainly make both Spidey and Venom figures and I am sure they will be a Amazing!!

But since I’m starting to slow down with my figure collecting over the next couple of years (going to go back to watches a bit and get a Rolex Sea Dweller Deep Sea I have wanted for a while to complete my watch collection), if a new Venom comes out that is vastly superior to this one I will pick it up, otherwise I will just stick with this comic book version and call it a day as far as Venom is concerned.

Back