1/6 Hot Toys - CMS022/CMS022B Marvel Comics Doctor Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only mask that looks good out if the 3

IMG_6012.jpeg

Something seems slightly off about both heads to me. I think it might be the nose. Maybe too thin and long? He doesn't quite represent the classic Kirby or john byrne doom to me. But looks good anyway. I'm glad hot toys is going all in here. Looking forward to what else they go after. Captain America and Hawkeye, Daredevil, plus more X-Men would be welcome. Would like to fully recreate the cover of Secret Wars #1.

View attachment 727281
View attachment 727282View attachment 727283View attachment 727284View attachment 727288View attachment 727289
d7-jpg.727290

View attachment 727291

View attachment 727292
View attachment 727294
View attachment 727298
View attachment 727286
View attachment 727299
View attachment 727293

【Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Doctor Doom Collectible Figure】

Doctor Doom debuted in Fantastic Four No. 5 back in the summer of 1962 and quickly establishing himself as a formidable foe for Marvel superheroes. As a brilliant scientist, a skilled warrior, and the absolute monarch of the fictional Eastern European nation of Latveria, this egotistical and maniacal villain employs his scientific genius to pursue power and control.

Hot Toys is thrilled to present the 1/6th scale Doctor Doom collectible figure based on his appearance from the Marvel Comic book. He’s a statement of dominance that will elevate your collection.

The meticulously detailed Doctor Doom figure features a head with separate rolling eyeballs and two styles of signature face mask that highlight his imposing presence. His armor boasts metallic silver accents with a finely tailored fabric robe with embedded wiring for customizable styling. The figure also includes interchangeable hands for iconic gestures, as well as hands with mystic power effects, also a two-way display diorama base with banners and pole designed to evoke the essence of the comics.

A Special Edition available in selected markets will include an additional face mask and Darkhold as bonus accessories exclusively to enhance your display.

Embrace the power and prestige of one of Marvel’s most formidable villains. Reserve the figure of Doctor Doom today and let him dominate your collection!
iron man sunglasses GIF

So wild. I figured it would be HONO doing this, not HT proper, and a lot later down the line, after we at least had more classic Avengers and X-Men, so this is pretty rad. Like if we were only going to get one other comic version Marvel character from them ever, I would've easily chosen Doom. What a couple of weeks it's been for all my huge wants getting announced. If they next put up an Endoskeleton, a classic Predator, or anything from Arkham that's not just a recolor, I'll go into a coma.

Wow. Interesting reveal. Guess they saw rdj is gonna be doom and now gonna jump onto the next marvel robot looking character

Specifications
  • Product Code CMS022 - CMS022B
  • Product Name Doctor Doom
  • Height Approximately 33.5 cm tall
  • Points of Articulations 30
  • Special Features Authentic and detailed likeness of Doctor Doom in Marvel Comics
  • Product Release Date Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2025
  • Artists

The 1/6th scale Doctor Doom Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Doctor Doom in Marvel Comics
- One (1) Doctor Doom head with separated rolling eyeballs and two (2) styles of face mask
- Body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 33.5 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of armored interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
- One (1) pair of mystic power-using hands
- One (1) pair of hands with mystic art effect
- One (1) pistol-holding hand

Costume:
- One (1) Doctor Doom armored suit with metallic silver application
- One (1) chainmail undersuit
- One (1) green cape with vest (wired embedded)
- One (1) brown belt with pistol pouch
- One (1) pair of Sabatons
Weapon:
- One (1) Pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of translucent green flames effects (attachable on mystic power-using hands)
- One (1) pair of lightning effects (attachable on mystic power-using hands)
- Two-way display diorama base with banner and pole (approximately 45cm H)

Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
- One (1) additional face mask
- One (1) Darkhold

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2025

Doom is my favorite villain, so I’m intrigued.

I do think the masks look a little off. Maybe there’s too many rivets and the details on them are soft. This is one area where I think that S-Hero mask looks better.

Also surprised this isn’t under the HONO Studios brand. Assuming that’s because the price won’t be “entry level”.

Funny to see the Batman Returns base reused so soon too.

Still, looks good, and great accessories. I expect demand for a throne will be high with third-party sellers.

I didn't see the photo of the special edition mask earlier. That might actually be my favorite of the three, though it looks like he has a runny nose.

If they next put up an Endoskeleton. . .
I would say that this is extremely likely. Just expect it to be another wacky variant and not the classic Endoskeletons from Terminator 1 and 2. Because that's been Hot Toys' jam since that horrible Salvation movie on.

Doing a Google search I see a T-500, a T-900, a T-X, and an Ultra 5000 that I'm sure would suit Mr. Chan just fine.

Mezco's 1/12 Doom looks nicer. Something seems over stylized about the Armor here. It's cool, but doesn't seem like a "classic" Doom

This will be my MCU Doom until proven otherwise that we’re getting something better than this. I’m just expecting an Iron Doom rather than classic like this.
Same for me. I'm out on RDJ Doom. Comic-accurate (Hono-style) Doom would look too smooth and unrealistic. We'll see in 2029 whoever the "real" MCU Doom is. This one covers it for me. I'm already 3/4 of the way into my custom Doom and will probably just finish it and use it for a Doom Bot, lol.

Back