1/6 Hot Toys - Comics Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could also be the Ryan Stegman Venom look. Either way I think I’ll be getting this guy. Kinda hope they don’t make the arms seamless though so this holds up in the long run

YES!!!!

No pigtail eyes please. More like this:

venom-bagley-gma-copy.jpg

I'm just going to pile onto the complain train here and say I'm old and I remember when Eddie Brock was taking his obsessive anger out on the weights and the symbiote only served to increase his strength. Venom was a bulky weight lifter physique sheathed in a liquid symbiote. Now he may as well be any man suspended inside a hulk-sized symbiote mech. Fart city.

...might still buy it though. 🙃
Yea marvel just now makes him a big rage monster that anybody can be and it did horrible damage to the character. That stupid ultimate Spider-Man show did damage and now that game did damage. Making Harry venom is and always will be a terrible idea.

As you said. It makes the symbiote now feel like a mech suit that anyone can wear and that just isn’t the character. So sad but I’m rambling

Really hope we at least get alternate heads. Need one with longer teeth and the tongue sticking out. Everything else is looking great. Looks like they did reuse the Hardy Venom body.

Some good, some bad. It's a lot of things... I don't know if any of them are "comic book". Movie? Mostly. Video game, kinda. Comic book, ehhhhh. 🫳
That's the rub here. Hot Toys is really inconsistent with what they brand as comic book figures. The initial comic iron man was nothing like the classic comic look. Hono Wolverine figures are mostly there but with odd stylistic flourishes. Same with comic spiderman that was close but had odd eyes unlike his iconic comic looks. Magneto has odd lines all over. Then this, which also takes a lot of creative liberties. On the other hand, hono iron man and thor seem pretty spot on.

Honestly I’m not super happy with the feet aye ahaha. The teeth colour need to be worked on too. Kinda just looks like a repaint and different sculpt of the movie Venom.

Also how are the seamless arms and stuff holding up for the other venom figures?

This is bought. Looks like a repainted movie version, but i'm fine with that. Was holding out for 2 movies to wait for the chest Spider. This is close enough. The eyes aren't as cool as the movie ones but thats ok. I have Carnage, so i can swap that Tom Hardy half sculpt onto this

Just need to wait to see if they have the tongue sculpt and any symbiote attachments

Honestly I’m not super happy with the feet aye ahaha. The teeth colour need to be worked on too. Kinda just looks like a repaint and different sculpt of the movie Venom.

Also how are the seamless arms and stuff holding up for the other venom figures?

Not a Rob Liefeld fan?

Back