1/6 Hot Toys- HONO STUDIO- Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a handful of custom Transformers heads that use magnets to switch on the LEDs in the eyes. Works really well as far as not having to always remove a latch to get to a switch, but I have found that I sometimes have to move the magnet around before it finally triggers the lights to come on; and usually not in the same place. Sort of like you have to get it just right for the magnet to make the "connection" if you will.
Is it just magnet proximity that triggers the lights?

Is it just magnet proximity that triggers the lights?
Yup, basically. Hold it close and the lights should automatically come on. Here’s a video of how it works on the TF heads I mentioned. You can kind of see how it doesn’t work in the same place though and sort of have to feel around for them to light up again. Not sure if that’s how it will be for Hono, since these are custom made heads and not mass produced items like the Hono will be

Last edited:
Here is a photo from Hot Toys Secret Base:

1725005803121.jpeg

When they announced Wolverine I thought they were just trying to scare the 3rd party companies away, but this tells me they're playing for keeps. Looks great, and I'd gladly get a War Machine in this style too.

Only thing is I wish it had more accessories. More hands and some blast effects would be great.

Oh War Machine like this would be amazing

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

I am so into these & can't wait to see who is next after Thor

I know some collectors won’t agree with my style of posing and they prefer to push their figures to the max for exciting action poses, but I’m just not one of them.

I like everybody else worry about the durability especially with the costs involved.

When it specifically comes to these new 100% silicone bodies I am all about screen accuracy with museum poses.

For example my Hot Toys Thanos he looks screen accurate and bad ass even though I only have him in a vanilla museum pose.

I’ve seen the same figure posed in some extreme action poses that for me the more dynamic they put him in the more toy like he looks.

That’s just not for me because I am all about protecting the figure at the expense of action poses.

Obviously I’m only referring to the silicone bodies if it’s regular joints like a War Machine then i’m more comfortable with bending the elbows and knees.

So going back to my Thanos I’ve had him since release and I have never ever bent his elbow or knees not even once just for a photo and he is still 100% pristine.

These things are expensive I am not going to open the door for potential damage down the line just so that I can get a corny pose lol

So it will be with this Iron Man I will not be bending his elbows or knees not even once to try it out and I’m perfectly ok with that.

I say bring on the delicate silicone figures!

Sue me lol

Last edited:
This Is a great surprise. I do love my plastic tunic Iron Man, but yeah, this Is what I was really after. Are the release estimates reliable with Hot Toys/Hono?

I know some collectors won’t agree with my style of posing and they prefer to push their figures to the max for exciting action poses, but I’m just not one of them.

I like everybody else worry about the durability especially with the costs involved.

When it specifically comes to these new 100% silicone bodies I am all about screen accuracy with museum poses.

For example my Hot Toys Thanos he looks screen accurate and bad ass even though I only have him in a vanilla museum pose.

I’ve seen the same figure posed in some extreme action poses that for me the more dynamic they put him in the more toy like he looks.

That’s just not for me because I am all about protecting the figure at the expense of action poses.

Obviously I’m only referring to the silicone bodies if it’s regular joints like a War Machine then i’m more comfortable with bending the elbows and knees.

So going back to my Thanos I’ve had him since release and I have never ever bent his elbow or knees not even once just for a photo and he is still 100% pristine.

These things are expensive I am not going to open the door for potential damage down the line just so that I can get a corny pose lol

So it will be with this Iron Man I will not be bending his elbows or knees not even once to try it out and I’m perfectly ok with that.

I say bring on the delicate silicone figures!

Sue me lol
Most folk would say "why not just buy statues instead?" And they are both wrong and correct on that.

Statues are usually way too big and expensive, not to mention fragile, so collectable action figures are more practical for many reasons but it kinda defeats the purpose of having an articulated figure if posing it will likely cause damage or that articulation is hindered by rubber.

For this figure perhaps someone smart will pump out hard plastic swap out arms and legs (plus any other parts where rubber may need swapping) so we can have museum pose statue that looks amazing and won't suffer paint fade/tackiness/cracking etc. But then again, if one is replacing that many parts one might as well just buy a fixed pose statue anyway.

Perhaps HT could do a power pose statue version with swappable arms and legs so one can display in action pose or neutral pose without concern regarding materials. Kind of a nice middle ground. Power pose tends to be cheap too so win win.

Best thing about this is no wolverine speedo ... know some of you are into that LMAO !
Seriously I love this , hate I bought a 2nd origins deluxe to repaint cause this one nails it for me !

If you are worried about the silicone, you can always pose him with one arm rotated in front (or raised to his side while looking to the side) with the repulsor hand on it. That will make a museum pose slightly dynamic.

Hopefully there will be no issues with the silicone once the product is released but it is difficult to know how it will be long term. Personally I prefer to keep my figures in museum poses but understand that there are others that prefer to pose in dynamic positions.

I keep looking at pics of this like I did Mars Toys 66 Joker. I can’t believe it looks as good as it does. Fortunately the wait time is reduced compared to a regular HT figure. I think I’ll try Kit out for this one.

Also, I’m intrigued.

View attachment 723007
I need this in their high-end Hot Toys figures with electronics!

Back