1/6 Hot Toys - Comics Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I’m so glad I didn’t preorder the other one. This is literally the perfect venom design imo . I need this yesterday
I wish the Hardy movies looked more like this Venom. 😭

Bought the first Hardy movie and PlayStation figures trying to get my Venom fix but so far this new one is the closest to the McFarlane version I grew up with.

Had I known Hot Toys was going to do this comic and Hono lines, I would have passed on the Woody Harrelson Carnage too - that thing is too massive, he should be smaller than Venom (like the comics).

If someone can share photos of this that would be great cause that’s kinda making me disheartened to buy this now
Venom Paint Rub.jpg

Venom Paint Rub 2.jpg

Hopefully it fix this issues with this new figure but i'm not sure how they will go about on doing it.
I think the only way they could do this is if they make the whole thing out of plastic similar to vinyl but that would need visible joints to achieve that. In all honesty I would have much rather they made it in that material myself instead of the soft plastic

I think you’ll be fine,
just don’t seek to pose it with joints bent where the body touches itself.

Kind of have to purchase
with its stature and presence in mind.

Most just want a menacing Venom stood museum. Which I lean towards because Venom with his arms raised doesn’t look intimidating, but rather like an oversized action figure.

How you intend to display it should be the deciding factor, stood museum, it should last quite awhile.

I think you’ll be fine,

Kind of have to purchase

Most just want a menacing Venom stood museum. Which I lean towards because Venom with his arms raised doesn’t look intimidating, but rather like an oversized action figure.

How you intend to display it should be the deciding factor, stood museum, it should last quite awhile.
Those are some good points. We’ll see how this turns up once the PO comes out. Really hoping for an Eddie Brock comic sculpt and im sure they’ll have an open mouth with the tongue out sculpt too. Just kinda bummed about the feet as small of a detail that is ahaha

I think you’ll be fine,

Kind of have to purchase

I got Hulk when I’m not doing photoshoot I keep it in museum pose but did end up repainting the whole figure because of the paint damage while posing.
Like you wrote it all up to what they do with the figure.

Yeah I’d treat it just the same as all of their other Spider-man figures, museum poses only.

If you get tired of seeing them in such
bland poses, watch the film, play the game,
just about anything other than in the spur of the moment dynamic posing.

People claim you can pose Spider-man figures without suit damage if you don’t leave it that way,
I don’t believe this and would never attempt it.

Also, the less posing, the more sturdy the body. You may not get suit damage, but what happens when the body gives out and you can’t get the suit open to do a body swap? It may sound stupid but I try to avoid bending the joints on any of my figures as much as possible, regardless of clothing or a silicone body.
No better feeling than a heavy, sturdy body with tight joints.

I think I might not PO this now 😩
I wouldn’t panic. All figures have examples of damage and wear. Unless a majority of owners say their figures have issues, these are outliers. For every one example of paint rub or tears, there are a dozen collectors with their figures still looking brand new. All it means is to be mindful of the most common risks of damage and avoid or minimize them if possible.

I wouldn’t panic. All figures have examples of damage and wear. Unless a majority of owners say their figures have issues, these are outliers. For every one example of paint rub or tears, there are a dozen collectors with their figures still looking brand new. All it means is to be mindful of the most common risks of damage and avoid or minimize them if possible.
I think I’m just nitpicking too much. When the PO drops of this, I think I’ll order it that same day. Just wish those feet were comic accurate though man ahaha

Hey those pictures look familiar 😂

I never did attempt to fix it, though I will say it’s largely unnoticeable unless you’re looking for it and it hasn’t gotten any worse in the 3 or so years I’ve owned him. He’s still one of my favorites to this day and I will definitely be picking the new one up.

BTW, the inspiration for this one, especially the eyes, reminds me of Tom Lyle. He was a Marvel illustrator back in the early-mid 90s at the very least and did a good amount of the Maximum Carnage run.

Hey those pictures look familiar 😂

I never did attempt to fix it, though I will say it’s largely unnoticeable unless you’re looking for it and it hasn’t gotten any worse in the 3 or so years I’ve owned him. He’s still one of my favorites to this day and I will definitely be picking the new one up.

BTW, the inspiration for this one, especially the eyes, reminds me of Tom Lyle. He was a Marvel illustrator back in the early-mid 90s at the very least and did a good amount of the Maximum Carnage run.
Just got those photos of google the one i wanted to show longer available to me.

Back