1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of them so went to check it out. Yikes... Unless this is some sort of currency change that im not familiar with
Yes USD gets you a fair chunk more NZD. They also mark the prices up considerably from retail. They're one of the only or few suppliers in NZ for Hot Toys

Old pics of Padmé. I’ve since removed the shawl.
D149D971-BCE5-4402-8138-9D4C08884758.jpeg
E894F904-1CC2-4BEF-9C8C-277649D8D7B7.jpeg
3EFD6D95-2917-4F5B-B258-8FC9316FBD11.jpeg

Looking good, almost like Natalie. Are there sculpted/painted abs under the midriff? Has anyone trimmed off that part of her outfit yet?

It's weird that it's already sold out and rising in price. It didn't join a waitlist on Sideshow until it got closer to release.

Lots of figures seem to to be in short supply. It makes me wonder how many Hot Toys now produces. We seemed to go from one extreme with loads of figures having to be reduced in price to so few being produced people are struggling to get one. I did pick this up early. Makes me worry about the ROTJ Han Solo, hope he is not released in tiny quantities!

Last edited:
Lots of figures seem to to be in short reply. It makes me wonder how many Hot Toys now produces. We seemed to go from one extreme with loads of figures having to be reduced in price to so few being produced people are struggling to get one. I did pick this up early. Makes me worry about the ROTJ Han Solo, hope he is not released in tiny quantities!
They seem to have scaled back production numbers, probably in an attempt to get figures out faster and in response to Inart producing more figures

See: the recent Batman announcements

What Coombaz said.
You’ll get what you paid for but, if it’s a Hot Toys pre-order, you’ll be amongst the very last to get it.
I’m moving all my business to OSK and GunDamit now.

Yeah, I just recently discovered this myself. I got an invoice from KG for Padme on 5/13, and quickly paid it an hour later. Then, on 5/16, they marked it as shipped...I found out on 5/31 that they don't have them yet and are still waiting for the warehouse to receive them. They've been absolutely polite in my interactions with them, but I don't think I'll be putting any more pre-orders in with them. I have two more waiting to come in, and that will probably be it for me with KG.

My waitlist converted as well, super happy about it! I'll end up with both Padme and AOTC Anakin now!

Congrats!

I feel like at first this figure was a bit slept on, it isn't the greatest but for now is our only representation of Padme we have.

Yeah, I just recently discovered this myself. I got an invoice from KG for Padme on 5/13, and quickly paid it an hour later. Then, on 5/16, they marked it as shipped...I found out on 5/31 that they don't have them yet and are still waiting for the warehouse to receive them. They've been absolutely polite in my interactions with them, but I don't think I'll be putting any more pre-orders in with them. I have two more waiting to come in, and that will probably be it for me with KG.
Oof. That’s unlike them in my experience.
I Po’d Padme with KG early on and paid upfront and received mine weeks ago.

Oof. That’s unlike them in my experience.
I Po’d Padme with KG early on and paid upfront and received mine weeks ago.
Ah. Well I'm hoping it's just because I ordered mine late, I didn't get an order in with them until November of last year. Maybe I'm in a 2nd batch or something. I don't mind the wait, I've certainly waited longer for other things, but I am a bit annoyed at getting invoiced almost a month ago and having it marked "shipped" on my account and knowing it actually hasn't shipped yet. Waiting is fine, but charging me and then not doing anything for a month is a bit much.

Ah. Well I'm hoping it's just because I ordered mine late, I didn't get an order in with them until November of last year. Maybe I'm in a 2nd batch or something. I don't mind the wait, I've certainly waited longer for other things, but I am a bit annoyed at getting invoiced almost a month ago and having it marked "shipped" on my account and knowing it actually hasn't shipped yet. Waiting is fine, but charging me and then not doing anything for a month is a bit much.
I received mine the same time as Chopper from them. I did notice a few weeks afterwards she was back up on their site at a more expensive price. Thought they might have had a few left from cancelled orders but when I clicked on it she was a pre order for June, so presumably that's what you've ordered.
It's not right they're misled you on it's shipped but it hasn't.

Local-ish shop has her for sale but the markup is i think 370 or 380. Its one of sideshow's listed sellers, so kinda weird they can mark it up so high

Back