1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone so I know I should have taken pics here but I was too quick to react…

I suspect the (god awful) cloak is going to stain her white outfit,

I went to look at my padme which I’ve had for maybe a month max today and I noticed her upper chest, back, butt and back of legs were all super yellow. I’ve had the ****** cloak on it since the weekend I opened and repainted it.

I’ve never seen anything like this before especially on such a new figure I thought maybe the glue of the piping on her shirt was discoloring her but I do think it was the cloak.

Almost as weird as the staining was I dabbed a wet paper towel (just water) and rubbed it silly for no more than a few seconds and all the spots that were yellow now appear to be white again. So crisis averted at least for now.

I’m going to chuck that robe in a bin where it belongs and monitor the situation for a few weeks. Hope this is the last of this occurrence

I went to look at my padme which I’ve had for maybe a month max today and I noticed her upper chest, back, butt and back of legs were all super yellow. I’ve had the ****** cloak on it since the weekend I opened and repainted it.
Any chance this is a result of the paint you applied to the cloak, which is now transferring surfaces?

Any chance this is a result of the paint you applied to the cloak, which is now transferring surfaces?

No sorry if my wording was misleading I repainted the face not the cloak. I didn’t touch the cloak at all. Believe me if there was a way to get it to look better I would have modded it, but likely not with paint.

So it was the stock float sitting on top of the stock body. Totally dark room temperature room away from sun.

No sorry if my wording was misleading I repainted the face not the cloak. I didn’t touch the cloak at all. Believe me if there was a way to get it to look better I would have modded it, but likely not with paint.

So it was the stock float sitting on top of the stock body. Totally dark room temperature room away from sun.
Oh okay, that's kidna odd, any other padme owners who had the same experience? I havnt opened mine yet but hearing this story kinda gave me 2nd thoughts on displaying the cloak on her.

Yeah it’s one of the weirdest things I’ve seen in awhile even weirder that it washed right out (thank God)

It was also sitting on a shelf untouched for weeks so it wasn’t like I was handling it either.

Really hope mine was just a freak occurrence but if it happens to anyone else, everyone pls spread the word that it should in theory wipe off/out with water and a cloth.

And anyone planning on displaying the robe I’d wash it with warm water and dish soap a couple of times to get any excess dye out to he safe

I just kinda assumed everyone that bought her would soak the cloak in warm water for a few hours. Especially as it's a well known issue and she's dressed in an all white outfit.

I would have bet my bottom dollar that this would happen tbh. Jedi robes do this all the time. ☹️

Hey everyone so I know I should have taken pics here but I was too quick to react…

I suspect the (god awful) cloak is going to stain her white outfit,

I’ve never seen anything like this before especially on such a new figure I thought maybe the glue of the piping on her shirt was discoloring her but I do think it was the cloak.

Almost as weird as the staining was I dabbed a wet paper towel (just water) and rubbed it silly for no more than a few seconds and all the spots that were yellow now appear to be white again. So crisis averted at least for now.

I’m going to chuck that robe in a bin where it belongs and monitor the situation for a few weeks. Hope this is the last of this occurrence
That sucks! Glad you were able to rub the yellow off. I assumed the cloak would probably stain her clothing eventually so I opted to display her without it. The cloak is cheap-looking anyway so no big loss.

My mum always told me never to mix whites with colors
1717974525269.gif

KG Hobby finally shipped mine. Invoiced 5/14, marked shipped 5/16, told around 5/22 that they were "waiting on it to arrive in their warehouse", and I received a brand new tracking number (and movement!) on 6/10.

I have two other preorders with them, but I think those shall be my last. At least she is on the way!

This gives me very little hope of ever seeing my Soosoo Toys Vampire Hunter (Blade) ever getting fulfilled.

I may very well just cancel that order all together before the Buyer Protection from PayPal runs out on it.

I ain't wasting time with companies that waffle on preorders for any reason. If you can't aquire the stock, don't solicit it for preorder on your website. I'll definitely be adding KGHobby to the "do not use" list for the foreseeable future.

I didn't think a listed seller was allowed to mark them down more than a certain percentage, or up at all. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Official (re)sellers can mark up as much as they like, but they can't mark down below the retail price. That's bad competition and effectively devalues the item on the market. Manufacturers don't want that. This applies for almost all licensed retail goods, toys and figures or whatever. You see this with Apple products all the time: the price is consistent across the board with every retailer, and when Apple feels like offering a discount all the retailers are allowed to mark down the same amount.

Sellers can offer incentives, like points flash sales or coupons, but that's on them and their loss of profit margin if they choose. Incentives aren't an alteration of the retail ticket price. Usually it's a retail loss leader scenario, where they lose money on one item to incentivize customer over-spending and resultant profit on other items.

I see collectible retailers marking up like crazy on Sideshow products (that means any collectibles, like Hot Toys, that Sideshow distributes) beyond any reasonable measure. Every seller has a different overhead situation of rent, salaries, or whatnot that has to be covered and some sellers have more expense than others. However, it's usually not in the seller's best interest to mark much higher than their local or online competition, because buyers will always go for the cheapest price. That's what keeps prices relatively consistent, but they still can't mark down or it adversely affects the value of an item in its market.

"Is it in their nature to make us wait this long?"(Popcultcha).
I assume Padme stock will arrive with Vader and some other HT figures. That's unfortunately what always happens so you end up paying for multiple figures simultaneously. I think I had to pay off around 3-4 figures at once in one December.

It's a terrible set up.

I received the figure from KGHobbie this week and noticed she has a shiny spot on her forehead that can be seen at certain angles when the light hits it. Is there any way to remove this without damaging the paint work underneath? Of the two figures I've received this year, both came out of the box with some paint issue on their forehead (the other being Mars Toys Michael Gough Alfred).

Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-23 um 17.56.11.png

After some posing of the eyes, I'm really happy with the likeness. It's not as far removed from the excellent looking prototype. I wish it was closer to that figure's lighter skin, hair and pupil paint work seen on the packaging, but this figure still looks excellent in real life.

Back