1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Marvels X-Men - Wolverine (Unmasked) Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly the expression is too neutral for any pose besides a museum one. It’s funny because the art that they based it on for the background has the more proper angry expression that they should have followed. Still stupid of them to sell this as its own figure. Should have just been included from the start.

Honestly the expression is too neutral for any pose besides a museum one. It’s funny because the art that they based it on for the background has the more proper angry expression that they should have followed. Still stupid of them to sell this as its own figure. Should have just been included from the start.
It’s one reason I’ll still stick with the original. I have four mouth plates to work with that can provide four very different expressions. This lacks that variety.

So, I pulled some X-Men Animated Series images off the Web, out of curiosity.., IMG_2222.jpeg
If you put this headsculpt on the first release you’d get the “Tom Holland Turtleneck”, which I guess is acceptable…?IMG_2223.jpeg
…but we’re basically getting this, although not as charming (and sans toothpick)IMG_2226.jpegThis is also a logical next step, since seamless bodies are on the table: Battle Damaged with the 😬 expression. Limited to 1500 copies, of course 😉

I have the Ssr head on order with kit 😉 and gonna stick with it.
I was thinking of ordering that too back when it went up. But then I read the warning that it's made of resin and fragile. With my luck, it would come damaged or something.

This official head looks great. And I agree with everyone that the 1st 2 figures (yellow & brown) should've come with the head and mask. Unless your doing multiple displays with this guy, only die hard Wolverine fans would want 2 of the same costumed figure to have one masked and one unmasked. This should've been the limited edition instead of the Brown costume.

I have the Brown one, so even if I was gonna attempt to get one parted out the mask wouldn't match obviously. But I bet they do the Brown version too.... :lol

Looks great just not for me. I picked up the brown suit wolverine and may pick up a few others to reproduce the Secret Wars figures I had as a kid but I'll be passing on this one.

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t like the sculpt. The eyes are too wide set and the mouth too long. Even as a stylized “comic-version”, it looks soft. I’ve seen plenty of customs sculpts that capture Logan more accurately and more interestingly.

Also, the exposed neck, while common in certain drawings, never looked right to me. His mask (imho) should fit over the head akin to how Keaton’s Batman cowl sits in certain images (I realize it was torn off in Returns, but you get my point). Hes just pulling back the mask, there’s no reason it would roll down and sit like a scarf.

I was thinking Id just stick with the SSR sculpt, but it does kind of bother me that I wouldnt have a pulled down mask to properly get the look across.

As annoyed as I am, I may get this. I’ll also get the SSR sculpt.

My plan would be to use the spare body with the exposed neck and SSR sculpt for a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 look.
IMG_7950.jpeg

Back