1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Marvels X-Men - Wolverine (Brown Suit) Limited Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this figure, that I couldn't get, but those shoulders don't look great at times.

Not sure how I feel about the brown parts being pleather and the way they did the shoulder bits are odd. I like the brown suit though so might try to grab this one. Extra open mouth face sculpt included in this one as well, which should have been included in the first release.

Gonna be a mess with this being limited to 1500. :ohbfrank:
Are they pleather?

Different topic:

I’ve seen where some reviewers are complaining about the length of the claw relative to the figures forearms, don’t forget you can pirate the clawed hands from the SSC brown suit. That’s my plan anyway (maybe - not sure that I care that much).

Different topic:

I’ve seen where some reviewers are complaining about the length of the claw relative to the figures forearms, don’t forget you can pirate the clawed hands from the SSC brown suit. That’s my plan anyway (maybe - not sure that I care that much).
Makes no sense to complain. This is a comic book figure. It's not a realistic interpretation.

I love the look of the longer claws. Comic artists draw for visual look and style, not always realism. They exaggerate a bit here and there. No 2 artists ever draw a character the same way, unless intentionally copying someone. Wolverine has had so many styles and looks, you couldn't even try to talk about all of them and what was good/worked on the page and what didn't. The slightly longer claws look more menacing and threatening to me. As long as they are not super long. Then that just gets ridiculous looking.

Huh! I always thought the longer claws were simply a design choice and it set it apart from the movie claws
I’m not saying they’re right - I had a similar moment when I saw the first review that complained about it. Same “huh!” moment. I just thought it was an easy and cool fix. For those who think it needs fixed anyway…

Makes no sense to complain. This is a comic book figure. It's not a realistic interpretation.

I love the look of the longer claws. Comic artists draw for visual look and style, not always realism. They exaggerate a bit here and there. No 2 artists ever draw a character the same way, unless intentionally copying someone. Wolverine has had so many styles and looks, you couldn't even try to talk about all of them and what was good/worked on the page and what didn't. The slightly longer claws look more menacing and threatening to me. As long as they are not super long. Then that just gets ridiculous looking.
I’m looking at you Humberto Ramos!

I got an e-mail from Kit that he couldn't fulfill my pre-order for this. I may just hold out for the movie variant or something from the video game at this point. Certainly, there is room for improvement with this.

I got an e-mail from Kit that he couldn't fulfill my pre-order for this. I may just hold out for the movie variant or something from the video game at this point. Certainly, there is room for improvement with this.
I saw Time Cent has it for around $275. Last time I checked. Popcultcha, in Australia, still had it for sell as well.

I'd be very surprised if they honor that preorder.

Not because those places are not reputable, they totally are. But becsuse this brown suit (as stupid as it is) was "limited" to a certain number.

They're not mass producing this one, sadly. And the sites that get stock last won't get this one.

Just my opinion, mind you

I saw Time Cent has it for around $275. Last time I checked. Popcultcha, in Australia, still had it for sell as well.
Thanks. I've seen them for the ~ $300 range on eBay already, and as people in the States get them I suspect the price will go lower still as I'm guessing a least a quarter of folks just bought to flip. But it's annoying to have to pay a premium for something that's artificially inflated like this. And frankly I don't know if I care enough. I need to be downsizing my collection, not upsizing it.

I'd be very surprised if they honor that preorder.

Not because those places are not reputable, they totally are. But becsuse this brown suit (as stupid as it is) was "limited" to a certain number.

They're not mass producing this one, sadly. And the sites that get stock last won't get this one.

Just my opinion, mind you
That's a good point with Popcultcha. They are dead last to receive anything, so I could very well see that happening.
Thanks. I've seen them for the ~ $300 range on eBay already, and as people in the States get them I suspect the price will go lower still as I'm guessing a least a quarter of folks just bought to flip. But it's annoying to have to pay a premium for something that's artificially inflated like this. And frankly I don't know if I care enough. I need to be downsizing my collection, not upsizing it.
Didn't think of that, as it's very likely for the price to probably drop at least around $250 or lower once everyone in the states get their's.

Got my email from Sideshow that this is arriving soon.. Still nothing on the yellow suit version.
Got the same email (below):

Your Wolverine (Brown Suit) item will be arriving into our warehouse in a few days. Your final payment is scheduled for 09/06/2024. We expect the piece to ship within the next 10 business days. Please review your shipping information and make any changes through your online account by 09/05/2024.

I also got my email but bummed to have to have put it on a payment plan, not sure when ill be back home to open it so Id rather just not have it for a couple more months.

I got an email for the ROTJ Vader with the same dates but no email for this guy.

Surprised I didn't get an email for this figure too. Since this was so limited it would be odd if this guy ships in batches.

Back