1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Marvels X-Men - Wolverine (Unmasked) Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad i didnt like either masked offerings now i have a cartoon version i can enjoy.

Guess that means color variations of Iron man and Mags are on the docket next…..patience

My immediate thought was that they’ll probably pull this ****** stunt with Iron Man as well. An unmasked Tony Stark version.
Iron Man, Spiderman, Wolverine, etc.

If the character is popular enough, has an unmasked appearance, or costume change, variants of any and all kind will happen.

This is the perfect market for HT, quick small limited production runs, lack of detailed paint or costume fabrics makes production a breeze, is it a little scummy? Maybe a little bit.

I’d say be thankful you know variants are inbound, so you can better navigate through releases. If you know your comics, they won’t be able to pull a fast one on you, unfortunately for me, they weren’t ever my thing.

It was always to happen, there’s no actor to pay here. I say those interested in this line lucked up that they showed their hand so early on. Still have the ability to sell the versions you don’t like in favor of those you do with it being so newly introduced to your collection.

Imagine the alternative, you go deep into the line, buy every release thinking it’s the only version releasing and then 6 months of radio silence goes by and they announce all new variants of everything you bought, with the kicker being they all look ten times better than they load you bought and posed for six months.

Such a beautiful piece. Really should’ve included more unmasked heads, like the gritting teeth and the yelling one. I mean, just one neutral Logan head? Several facial expressions options should’ve been included.

I’d say all variations on a theme are a possibility, for better or worse: No-Helmet Classic Iron Man. Stealth Suit Iron Man. Flowing Locks Magneto w/ the “Big M” Costume. Unmasked Peter Parker in the Symbiote Suit.

This announcement has probably (definitely?) soured some people’s interest in HONŌ as a brand and Hot Toys as a company (again 😄). “The community” does not like to be gobsmacked with announcements on things they just ordered, especially if it’s more expensive, “exclusive” or “limited”. It’s a Malibu Stacy With Hat type situation, for sure. I don’t think this announcement will put a nail in the coffin or fold the brand but it’s understandable if people aren’t interested anymore, even at this early stage.

It’s understandable I’d agree,
but ultimately it’s those who made
the comics they’re referencing at fault here.

The reason comics introduced variants is the same reason a toy company will shell them out one after another.

Up on Sideshow for $175..

Wolverine Unmasked

So an extra $15. I guess the unmasked head and cowl is more expensive than a masked head with 3 swappable face plates and 6 swoosh effects.. :dunno
Price creep setting in already. Geez.

I would not expect to see anymore figures from Hono for $160 going forward. They'll prolly creep up to $200 within a year from now.

I actually forgot they could have given us a Logan in casual clothes with this sculpt or Patch. I'd drop money on both especially if they just get his height correct.

Price creep setting in already. Geez.

I would not expect to see anymore figures from Hono for $160 going forward. They'll prolly creep up to $200 within a year from now.
Even more damning when you realize the original came with three face plates for three new expressions, and this just comes with one. Paying more for less.

Again, this figure should’ve came with several Logan head sculpts with different expressions.

Also, I forgot to mention this should’ve came with relaxed hands with claws retracted.

I understand why it has to be a whole ‘nother figure due to the cloth around the neck, but it really is too light on accessories for the price point.

Untitled-2.jpg

Back